PDA

View Full Version : Calling all the WI deloreans.... Iola or maybe a meet up?

DBOZ
05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Just seeing since the thread is lost in cyber space.... I know we might had a few going, but its inching closer and still wanted to know if we are all going for the day.
Darrell

GS450-Junkie
05-30-2011, 11:00 PM
when are the dates ?

Roman Legion
05-31-2011, 03:26 AM
Don't forget about Lord_Vadus, he is a Wisconsin DeLorean owner..

Dracula
05-31-2011, 04:59 AM
I'm definitely interested; though, most I could bring is one DeLorean.

Edit: The show is the 7th through 10th of July; I'm going. The only downside is that the featured marquee is Dodge and De Soto; I'd love to take one of my '74 Dodges, but I'll take the DeLorean if there are enough interested DeLorean owners that we can get together and meet up beforehand.

DBOZ
05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
I dont know if we need to register or if theres a side were we all can park for the day. This is my first time going in probably like 10 years. I'm just so excited, that the Delorean can "officially" go because it turned 30 this year. Otherwise I don't mind having a "flock" of deloreans just stop traffic on the way there =)
I'm hoping for 12+ DMC's that are willing to come out, do some part shopping there and have a fun day of BSing.
Darrell

dmc6960
05-31-2011, 02:01 PM
When is this again?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw. Dont think I'll be able to make it. Who knows though...

Jim Reeve
DMC6960

qwerk
06-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd definitely drive up for this. It'd be awesome to meet all the Wisconsin DeLorean owners!

DMC5180
06-05-2011, 01:23 AM
I'll Throw my hat in the ring too. Tentatively. I have not been to Iola since the mid-90's.

Dennis

GS450-Junkie
06-25-2011, 01:20 PM
getting closer people.....

Mark D
06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Count me in for Saturday. I was planning on bringing my car but not entering it in the show. Back on the other board we were talking about meeting up in Waupaca and car pooling into iola from there right?

Dracula
06-26-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd be glad to meet up and if there's a non-owner who's interested in a ride-along, let me know, or if your car isn't running and you'd still like to attend and talk shop.

adam_knox
06-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey Chad, glad to hear you'll be state side for the glorious WI summer!

Is anyone planning on going on Friday? My brother and I are gonna hit the show on Friday and I was really hoping I would be able to check out a D then. Gonna be hard going to the swap meet without my car nor money for parts. Murphy's Law says I'll come across that hard-to-find part with an empty wallet.

Heading up to WI in about a week, wondering if I'm gonna need a jacket with all the cold weather you guys have been having lately...

Dracula
06-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I was planning attend Friday as well with my Dodge. I would like to do some parts scavenging, so you'd be welcome to tag along. I wasn't planning to bring the DeLorean for that, but pending on where you're coming from, I could always show you the car first and then head out to the show.

Rich W
06-27-2011, 01:40 PM
WI DeLorean Owners...

How about the Milwaukee Masterpiece Car Show - Club Day - August 27, 2011

More details about this event under the DeLorean Midwest Connection Club
Events Section, but you do not need to be a member of this club to attend.

However, we would like to be able to park all the DeLoreans together, so you
need to get your registration forms in soon, so they can plan the parking map.

It is only $15 for this show and all the registration funds go to charity.

Later,
Rich W.

Dracula
07-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Okay, so, since the show's next weekend, does anyone have a good idea of a place to meet up at for Saturday? I still plan to attend, though I suspect my Dodge won't be ready, so I'll be taking the DeLorean.

Dracula
07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
The "Meet in Waupaca" idea is good, but we'd need a location there and a time. Provide me with those two and I'll be there.

Feel free to either post it here or PM me, either is fine.

DBOZ
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
But I couldn't make it this year, still NO job, and doesnt look good for me. I am now broke, and can't do much.
Maybe next year will be better.
Darrell

Dracula
07-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Alright; I propose, then, that everyone who's still interested in this PM me and we can meet up at the KMart in Waupaca at noon. From there, we can all drive over to the show and park as a DeLorean group.

So, who else plans on attending?

Mark D
07-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Kmart at noon on Saturday works for me. I'll be there with my D... probably just stick around the show for a few hours. Anybody know if anyone is actually entering their car in the show?

If anyone else from the Appleton/Oshkosh area wants to car pool out to waupaca let me know and we can meet up.

Mark D
07-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Anybody else planning on meeting up with Chad and Me in Waupaca?

GS450-Junkie
07-09-2011, 10:32 AM
If it's just you 2...you guys might as well take the Dodge. :wiggle:

Just like my poker games....everyone wants to 4 weeks prior.....then nobody shows up once the day comes. Oh well, maybe next year.

Mark D
07-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah that's kind of a bummer. I'm still in though, so if anyone changes their mind last minute the plan stands.

Dracula
07-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I just arrived and I took the DeLorean. I'm busy working on the Dodge.

Mark D
07-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Arrived in Waupaca, or in Iola? If you're there already I can leave now so we can meet up.

you can call my cell, check your PM's

qwerk
07-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Mark, I'm actually from Appleton myself. Ironically, this is the one weekend this month I won't be up there or I might have seen if I could tag along!

Mark D
07-09-2011, 10:39 PM
All the WI people here on the board should try and meet up sometime. That other car show coming up that Rich suggested sounded like it would be fun. Today was a good time walking around Iola hunting for parts with Chad.

We also met up with a Delorean owner from Stevens Point that had his car entered in the show. I am originally from Stevens Point and it didn't take very long for me to realized it was the first DeLorean I ever saw in person. I was like 12 years old at the time and saw the car parked in a small car show in an airport hanger. I've got some pics and I'll post those up a little later. The owners name is Dave and had an October build '81 with 9700 miles in all original condition. Even had the original NCT's.

Mark D
07-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Here are a few pics of the car, and one of me standing next to it 15 years ago....

gotta love those jean shorts :wink:

TemporalFX
07-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Is... that a bullet hole?

DMC5180
07-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Sorry guys,

I made a very short notice decision to take some vacation time last week. My wife and I went out West camping. (Glacier Park, Yellowstone, etc) Good thing Iola happens every year. So I'll look forward to possibly trying again Next year.

On a side note The Woodward Dream Cruise is coming up soon. I am planning to make this trip. I've missed it several years running not this time. Sounds like we will have a sizable contingent from the Midwest clubs.

Mark D
07-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Is... that a bullet hole?

Yeah it is! Dave said it was like that when he first bought the car, and the previous owner didn't ever explain in detail how it got there. The trajectory of the bullet was angled in such a way that it would have hit the person in the passenger seat, and it clearly had an exit hole in the inside of the door panel.

... and there was no hole in the seat, so I'm thinking there may have been someone there to stop the bullet.:what_the: