PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Had a Fire, Need parts

funkstuf
11-11-2011, 04:21 AM
I need lots of parts. My engine caught on fire. Need rear quarter glass and rear cab glass. Engine harness and all upper engine parts including fuel distributor, coil parts, frequency counter, fuel injector lines, idle motor, a/c compressor. Also need stainless T-panel. Inside cab will be customized but need headliner shell without covers so if you have an old one I'm interested. I've looked at some posts and am inquiring so please answer if you see a message. Going to make a custom Delorean this time around.

sdg3205
11-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I need lots of parts. My engine caught on fire. Need rear quarter glass and rear cab glass. Engine harness and all upper engine parts including fuel distributor, coil parts, frequency counter, fuel injector lines, idle motor, a/c compressor. Also need stainless T-panel. Inside cab will be customized but need headliner shell without covers so if you have an old one I'm interested. I've looked at some posts and am inquiring so please answer if you see a message. Going to make a custom Delorean this time around.

If you don't mind me asking, what caused the fire?

SamHill
11-11-2011, 04:19 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what caused the fire?

Also very interested to know. Thanks in advance.

stevedmc
11-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm curious about what caused the fire as well.

For what its worth, there is a cheaper way to replace your fuel system than using K-Jet parts.

Chris 16409
11-11-2011, 05:35 PM

If you plan on keeping you car stock, I've got a complete set of injector lines I'm willing to sell.

funkstuf
11-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Best guess is a cracked fuel line. Had just finished a parade and had been idling through with no problems. As we left the parade the car first stalled a bit then died suggesting it wasn't getting fuel. Started a couple times sort of then saw fuel burning on the ground below it and mostly it burned over the top of the engine.

DMC3165
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Best guess is a cracked fuel line. Had just finished a parade and had been idling through with no problems. As we left the parade the car first stalled a bit then died suggesting it wasn't getting fuel. Started a couple times sort of then saw fuel burning on the ground below it and mostly it burned over the top of the engine.

Sorry to hear that. That is one of my biggest fears. Glad you were able to save the car. Accumulator hoses are thought to be the #1 reason for DeLorean related fuel fires but Injector lines could cause the same problem if dried out. As for parts I know he's far from you but maybe Grady could help you out? But you are probably better off using one of the franchises by you.

Ron
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
For what its worth, there is a cheaper way to replace your fuel system than using K-Jet parts.Why don't you ask around in the carber circles and hook him up with the "K-Jet crap/junk" you've pulled off? Seriously.

Delorean Industries
11-14-2011, 10:24 AM
We have everything in stock new and used ready to ship. Email us at [email protected] or 330 573 4129

-Josh

outatym2001
11-19-2011, 10:17 AM
The DeLorean owned by funkstuf has a single TURBO! Sorry stevedmc no carburetor inside.
I saw it parked inside DMC Northwest on October 21, 2011 when I stopped by to pick up my new carpeted floor mats black with flag logo DMC Northwest.
I enquired who owns it since I swear I had seen those non-stock rims and tires before. Toby told me the story behind the fire. I noticed how the heat from the fire had broke out the rear window and the fire entered the passenger compartment and ruined the tops of the seats and the fabric covered ceiling. I didn’t actually open the door because it makes me sad to see a DeLorean after a car fire. The fire had completely and thoroughly disintegrated the engine cover and louvers. And it took out all the wiring at the bulk head connectors that lead into the passenger compartment.

For those of you that think this never ever happens to a DeLorean guess again. I’m getting really paranoid about the safety of my thirty year old fuel lines that I’m going to order a new set of the SS braided fuel lines for the fuel distributor and fuel injectors that Toby sells at DMC Northwest.

If there is anyone who can masterfully rebuild a DeLorean it’s Mr. Funkstuf.