PDA

View Full Version : DCVA first official meet up!

thirdmanj
11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Well it's that time again, but this time it's happening. We'll only have two DeLoreans in attendance, but it will be the first official meeting of DCVA. Attendance is not required for membership, but it would be nice to have as many people as possible.

As it stands now the two known attendees will be SamHill of this forum and myself. The meeting will be opened between 10:00AM and 3:00PM. Nominations will be made for club president, locations for meets as well as a loose schedule, membership requirements will also be discussed. In the event that you are unable to attend, please PM me your information to include your DeLoreans VIN so that I may start the DCVA roster.

Where: Old Beach Farmers Market, VA Beach, VA at Crocs on Cypress Ave
When: 10:00AM-3:00PM

I hope to see you there!

-thirdmanj

tyb323
11-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Where: Old Beach Farmers Market, VA Beach, VA at Crocs on Cypress Ave
When: 10:00AM-3:00PM

I hope to see you there!

-thirdmanj

What day?

thirdmanj
11-18-2011, 08:43 AM
What day?

This Saturday the 19th

tyb323
11-18-2011, 12:29 PM
I'll be unable to make it, but feel free to take down my vin and add me to the roster

1Mcfly4u
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I dont know if we can make it down or not but we will try. You can put both of my cars down on the list.

stevedmc
11-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Announcing the city and date more than one day in advance would have been nice.

thirdmanj
11-18-2011, 09:52 PM

Like you coulda made it anyway. Stop being a dick.

stevedmc
11-18-2011, 09:55 PM
What makes you think I couldn't make it? I went to Sean's tech day a few weeks back.

Besides, I would love to meet Sam.

SamHill
11-18-2011, 11:48 PM

It's my fault. I PM'ed out of the blue a few days ago. It's ad hoc at this early stage. I just needed an excuse to get the car out one more time before the long sleep. Haven't driven it since DMA. We know Roman Legion is away, and when he comes back, maybe this will be enough to make him move to the correct end of the commonwealth.

thirdmanj
11-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Well the first meeting was a success. SamHill and I met up at Bad Ass Coffee House in VA Beach, right next to Crocs. The next meeting will be hosted by myself at my house in Norfolk. Our focus will be torsion bar adjustments, and door issues. After having just recently completed a drivers side adjustment on my car I feel confident is directing and assisting others in this task. But, the more experience the better. If anyone is interested in attending a tech session in Norfolk VA please PM me.

The dates for the next meet/tech session will either be the 10th-11th of December or the 17th-18th. Those who can make either of these dates, please let me know via PM.

For those who wish to bring their knowledge/Delorean my driveway can fit up to four maybe five DeLoreans and there will an ample back yard available to support cookout activities if need be.

SamHill
11-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Pictured, Preston Hill and James T., with 7041 in front of "Bad Ass Coffee" Cafe.

Either of the dates for the next meet are good for me.

1Mcfly4u
11-21-2011, 12:58 PM
I'd also like to throw out the offer of using my house and garage as a tech session area. I'm about halfway for everyone in VA, well except for the folks way down in the tip, that's a bit of a drive any way you slice it. I'll get back to you about the meet at your house Tait, I need to see which weekend the ex has the kids so we can come down.

thirdmanj
11-21-2011, 07:12 PM
I'd also like to throw out the offer of using my house and garage as a tech session area. I'm about halfway for everyone in VA, well except for the folks way down in the tip, that's a bit of a drive any way you slice it. I'll get back to you about the meet at your house Tait, I need to see which weekend the ex has the kids so we can come down.

Yup, you beat me too it. I brought up your two Ds at the meet. It was decided for ease of motion to make the next meet at my place. We're getting s bit ahead I guess, but yes, with your permission well plan the meet up after next at your place.

Let me know which one of those weekends works for you, and well plan accordingly.

1Mcfly4u
11-21-2011, 08:26 PM
We can certainly meet at my house whenever you want to. Looks like the 10th and 11th are going to be best for me to come down to the 'folk!

Jim D
11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
I am new to this forum so I hope I don't screw up the "thread". Are there any members in Richmond? I just purchased a Delorean that had been sitting in a building since the late 80's. Needless to say it has a number of "issues".

thirdmanj
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
I am new to this forum so I hope I don't screw up the "thread". Are there any members in Richmond? I just purchased a Delorean that had been sitting in a building since the late 80's. Needless to say it has a number of "issues".

Not a prob man! :welcome: I hope you'll find DMCTalk a useful tool in your project. The level of knowledge represented in these threads is truly indispensable! PM me if you'd like further information on the DCVA

Mike Z
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Am I still able to be a part of this thing even though I don't have a DeLorean yet?

thirdmanj
11-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Am I still able to be a part of this thing even though I don't have a DeLorean yet?

Hells yes dude!

Mike Z
11-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Whew! I can't bear to be a man without a club.

SamHill
11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Whew! I can't bear to be a man without a club.

Sounds like you're buying breakfast!

1Mcfly4u
11-23-2011, 08:53 PM
You better be there Mike, wouldnt be the same without you!

Mike Z
11-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Sounds like you're buying breakfast!

Oh snap!

Mike Z
11-25-2011, 02:34 PM
You better be there Mike, wouldnt be the same without you!

Thanks man!