PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Fuel Distributor

Marty
05-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I noticed my fuel distributor post has been deleted. A search for posts by me came up with nothing, and it is no longer in the General Discussion area.

A few people had mentioned that it should be under warranty. If those people are curious, DMC unfortunately only has a 30 day warranty. It's been approx 40 days since I ordered it. It only worked for about a day before it failed, and I spent the next 4 Saturdays testing things. I did not expect a brand new part to fail so I didn't test it until this past weekend.

The distributor was absolutely pissing fuel out of #5. I swapped 3 injectors to that spot with the same result. Does anybody know what would cause this after only about a day of driving? Because if DMC won't do anything for me, I'll have to rebuild it myself.

Bitsyncmaster
05-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Someone on the old forum had a plugged return line and that caused his new FD to blow some O-rings.

Marty
05-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes, I remember you had asked me to check my o-ring. I did, and it was perfect. I was actually trying to upload the photo of it when dmctalk went down.

Bitsyncmaster
05-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes, I remember you had asked me to check my o-ring. I did, and it was perfect. I was actually trying to upload the photo of it when dmctalk went down.

I mean the O-rings in the fuel distributor got damaged by the high pressure caused by the plugged return line. With a plugged return line the pressure probably hit 100 to 125 PSI.

Marty
05-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Problem resolved with Cameron at DMC-H! It's under warranty.

Chris 16409
06-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Problem resolved with Cameron at DMC-H! It's under warranty.

That's what I figured. I would have been been if DMCH left you high and dry. It is unnacceptible for a part like that to fail so quickly. Besides, I dint think they really sell new units. I thought they just rebuilt them. In those cases, the warranty should be more than 30 days. Anyway, I'm glad you got things resolved.

DAP John
06-01-2011, 11:46 PM
I noticed my fuel distributor post has been deleted. A search for posts by me came up with nothing, and it is no longer in the General Discussion area.

A few people had mentioned that it should be under warranty. If those people are curious, DMC unfortunately only has a 30 day warranty. It's been approx 40 days since I ordered it. It only worked for about a day before it failed, and I spent the next 4 Saturdays testing things. I did not expect a brand new part to fail so I didn't test it until this past weekend.

The distributor was absolutely pissing fuel out of #5. I swapped 3 injectors to that spot with the same result. Does anybody know what would cause this after only about a day of driving? Because if DMC won't do anything for me, I'll have to rebuild it myself.

Be sure to check the warranty before you buy. All my fuel parts have a 2year warranty as long as a new filter is installed and line is blead. Know what your getting before you buy blind without asking.
John Hervey
www.deloreanautoparts.com

Marty
07-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Be sure to check the warranty before you buy. All my fuel parts have a 2year warranty as long as a new filter is installed and line is blead. Know what your getting before you buy blind without asking.
John Hervey
www.deloreanautoparts.com

Funny you should mention that since you left me high and dry when I bought a fuel distributor & fuel filter from you. An FD which never distributed fuel properly from the very minute it was installed. And you ignored my phone calls. And you ignored my emails. And you ignored my mechanic's phone calls. And you continued this behaviour until the warranty expired. So don't you dare try and talk to me about buying a part blind.