PDA

View Full Version : DCVA December Meet.

thirdmanj
11-23-2011, 10:41 PM
As discussed, the dates for the next meet will be December 10th and 11th.

This will be a face time/mild tech session focusing on torsion bar adjustments. Anyone from this forum reading this, if they are able, are welcome to attend. The more experience the better.

Where: My place (PM for directions)
When: December 10-11th starting a 10am

Reminder, I have a modest garrag for the hobbiest mechanic, and my driveway can accommodate up to four DeLoreans, and street parking is available if need be.

thirdmanj
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Just a reminder about the DCVA meet up this weekend on the 10th. Optimum starting time is 10am. I hope we can get a good turn out.

PM For Directions

Michael
12-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Where in VA. are you located?

Mike Z
12-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I believe it's Norfolk.

Roman Legion
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Where in VA. are you located?

If you go and happen to take I-81, I would be more than happy to go with you.. Up to you.. I am still stuck in Texas right now.. :(

Michael
12-06-2011, 11:13 PM
He is located in Norfolk, so no I will not be making that trek. I was thinking he might have been in the west part of VA and if I happen to not have a backlog of work I might try to attend, but not all the way across the state.

Kevin
12-07-2011, 03:47 PM
He is located in Norfolk, so no I will not be making that trek. I was thinking he might have been in the west part of VA and if I happen to not have a backlog of work I might try to attend, but not all the way across the state.

Also a bit far for me. If we can ever have one closer to the middle of the state, or even here in Blacksburg, I know of at least 2 more owners in addition to Michael who would like to come. I don't have space for a meetup yet (currently working on buying a place though), and I know Blacksburg is a bit far, but just putting that out there if we're ever able to move it just a little bit further west.

thirdmanj
12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Also a bit far for me. If we can ever have one closer to the middle of the state, or even here in Blacksburg, I know of at least 2 more owners in addition to Michael who would like to come. I don't have space for a meetup yet (currently working on buying a place though), and I know Blacksburg is a bit far, but just putting that out there if we're ever able to move it just a little bit further west.

It hasn't been finalized yet, but 1mcfly4u is located in Richmond and has offered his garage as a meeting place. I haven't spoken with him yet, but I'd like to plan the next one there. From that I want to establish a circuit of sorts that goes all around the DCVAs members areas, and give the meets some structure.

1Mcfly4u
12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
It does not look like I can get down there this weekend, ou hot water heater dies earlier this week and I need to replace it and the pipes and my plumber buddy can only come over tomorrow to help me out. Is there something planned for Sunday? I'm hoping to only be involved Saturday with this.

thirdmanj
12-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Damn.... Shitty luck man. I hope it all works out for you. Originally I had planned on a two parter meet, but because I'm on the night shift it looks like it'll be a no go.

But if things go as planned, the next meet will be at your place if you're able to host. We have plenty of time to plan it all out.

Canon20DFan
12-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I grew up in Norfolk! I wish I was there...

Roman Legion
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
If anyone is driving on I-81, please stop by for me, I would love to attend. I should be home this coming Monday..

thirdmanj
12-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry man, we stuck close to the 7 cities for this meet. For the next meet we're thinking same area or maybe Richmond. It's still up. As of right now we've got six Ds registered in the DCVA of those two of them are road worthy and reliable enough to make trips in Excess of 150 miles, and those two live in the Hampton Roads area. So, right now that's the area we're most active. However we're not opposed to a drive, it's just that Richmond is a long drive for one member in particular, and best planned for an extended weekend. We hope to see everyone together soon though!!

1Mcfly4u
12-10-2011, 10:55 PM
I had no idea what kind of mess I was in for today. I opened the access door to under the house and steam started spewing out. Long story short the pipe going to my hot water tank had cracked under the house , that was why we were losing so much hot water. I decided since i was gutting the rest of my pipes from copper to CPVC I'd go ahead and hook my new water heater and washing machine up in their new homes in the utility room. I got about 75% done today so tomorrow won't be to bad...if I don't just knock it out over night. Now I know why I havn't been working on my car the past year, this house is eating my soul.

Yup , next meet can be held here if everyone doesn't mind coming to the central part of the state. Of course that will motivate me to clean the garage out and uncover 2808 so I can work on it. WE can all work out the details of the meet and go from there. I looked forward to seeing you guys again, theres always next time.

SamHill
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Is it true that there was a big fight at the last meet and two members left bleeding?

thirdmanj
12-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Is it true that there was a big fight at the last meet and two members left bleeding?

True, but what wasn't said was that it was 7041 which drew first blood....fuckin T-pannel. ;)

Mike Z
12-11-2011, 10:03 PM
After much blood was spilled and arm strength exhausted VIN 7041's gull-wing doors open beautifully...

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5511/dsc00392v.jpg

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8001/dsc00393f.jpg

SamHill
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks to you guys... When's El Presidente gonna post some pics?

sean
12-12-2011, 07:44 AM
After much blood was spilled and arm strength exhausted VIN 7041's gull-wing doors open beautifully...

Sacrifice made, rewards reaped. Good job guys!

thirdmanj
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
We started with coffee, vintage ground, by Krups
I'm pleased because I finally found a use for this piece of shite.
(works great as FME for the intake)
Pictured here is MikeZ and thirdmanj
Pictured here is MikeZ and SamHill

sean
12-12-2011, 02:30 PM
We started with coffee, vintage ground, by Krups
I'm pleased because I finally found a use for this piece of shite.
(works great as FME for the intake)
Pictured here is MikeZ and SamHill

HA! Quite the contrast to Mike's pics, looks like you uploaded the thumbnails :lol:.

thirdmanj
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Shit. I was using the tapatalk app for the first time. It would only allow a certain file size....bummer. I guess I'll do it the old way.

thirdmanj
12-12-2011, 03:40 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a05796-62fb-277f.jpg
We started with coffee, vintage ground by Krups.
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a05796-632b-69d6.jpg
I was pleased, because I finally found a use for this piece of shite. (FME for the intake)
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a05796-6382-3fa3.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a05796-63ad-e23b.jpg
Here is one of the group on the fly (L-R) MikeZ, 7041, SamHill, and 1258

It was a good meet, bloody mess and all. Afterwords we took a drive down to a nice local sports bar which was packed because of the Army-Navy game that was going on (anyone know the outcome of that?). LoL, I thought driving down the road in one DeLorean was a show, two was just incredible!! I hope I can make a DMA meet sometime and see 15+ going down the line!

(did it work this time?)

sean
12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
(did it work this time?)

yup :thumbup:

Mike Z
12-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, there was so much blood...but everything on the agenda was accomplished!

I may have to steal the third pic down to put on my facebook if that's cool :)