PDA

View Full Version : D SIGHTING!!! 400 South in Cumming, around noon on Thanksgiving Thursday

DL4567
11-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Alright alright alright......

It's been 1 year and 3 months since my last "in the wild" sighting (which was in Jacksonville FL), and it was 5 years before that, so I'm a little sad I saw one this soon, but I was driving up 400 this morning to the in-laws, and going south just north of Cumming a DeLorean went by. It was too fast of a look to see any details, but I'm hoping someone on here knows who it was.

Also.... one of my mom's friends saw a D in Buford yesterday near Friendship Rd and Peachtree Industrial. She thought it could have been me, but it wasn't. Any ideas on that one? Wonder if it's the same "mystery D" that Ben has seen around the Hamilton Mill area.

Soundkillr
11-25-2011, 11:34 AM
The one near friendship was mr bowman(sp?) he seems to drive that concourse car a lot lately. The one on 400 i have no idea...

Dangermouse
11-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Not me!

I saw one over by Northpoint Mall, off 400, one lunchtime in June or July. Going the othe way, so the only thing I noted was one of those black and silver DMC tags at the front.

DL4567
11-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Sigh....

In the 7 years I've had my car, I've seen 3 D's on the road. Posted about all 3 on the forums (first one was on the DML), and a definitive answer is never reached. Guess I see all the mystery recluses who never look at the internet.

Thanks for the responses Ben and Dermot.

Dangermouse
11-28-2011, 10:52 PM
I've only seen 2 around ATL in the wild and the first one turned out to be DL4567's

ccurzio
11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
The D on 400 was me. I live in Gainesville and I was heading to a friend's house down in Atlanta for Thanksgiving. :)

I'm glad to give you at least ONE definitive answer!

DL4567
11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Accipiter, ok... who put you up to this and how much did they pay you?

Haha, just kidding. Thanks for the closure on this one! Are you new around here? Welcome to the forum.

ccurzio
11-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I am indeed. Only just got my car a few weeks ago, but I've been researching and TRYING to buy one for about a decade. Now that I finally have one, I've been driving it around and fixing it up. :)

http://www.accipiter.org/projects/delorean.php

That's the one you saw.

Just finished diagnosing a burnt-out solenoid in the passenger door, and now I'm trying to trace the cause of a fast-blinking left blinker. Next major repair is some transmission work, and I've got parts coming this week to begin my upgrade of the lights to LEDs and I'm replacing the door struts and the front dome light assembly.

Thank you for the welcome.

Ron
11-30-2011, 08:31 PM
The D on 400 was me. I live in Gainesville...
Great! Now we have Sean surrounded....I'm ~1hr north on HWY 60.

:welcome:

Dangermouse
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I saw one over by Northpoint Mall, off 400, one lunchtime in June or July. Going the othe way, so the only thing I noted was one of those black and silver DMC tags at the front.

I just came across an old photo in 1991 DW of two cars, one of which had this DMC tag on the front. The owners were both from Atlanta - John Jordan and Howard Widden. Wonder if one of them they still owns their car

sean
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
I just came across an old photo in 1991 DW of two cars, one of which had this DMC tag on the front. The owners were both from Atlanta - John Jordan and Howard Widden. Wonder if one of them they still owns their car

John Jordan does and lives in the North Gwinnett area. I believe Widden sold his car though.

Dangermouse
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Actually, reading on, there was a second photo with 3 cars, and the one with the DMC tag was in the middle. The car on the left had a front tag that looked like it started with JJ

The owners names were listed as

John Jordan
Gerri Houck (from North carolina)
Howard Widden,

Reasonable to assume that the JJ car was John J, so probably the middle one was Houck (not sure if M or F).

Rats, thought a mystery was solved.

Soundkillr
01-25-2012, 03:00 PM
just had my boat door delivered today and the guy dropping it off said my car was the third delorean he had seen in 3 weeks. Said he saw one off thompson mill, and confirmed it was mr bowemans car, and a car in gainsville owned by a guy in his 30s. Accipiter perhaps?

sean
01-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Gerri Houck (from North carolina)

As recent as DCS Pigeon Forge Gerri and Dick Houck had their cars. I believe they moved to Florida. Not sure if they kept their car after the move. Nice folks.

ccurzio
01-26-2012, 09:16 AM
a car in gainsville owned by a guy in his 30s. Accipiter perhaps?

Yeah, that must be me. That's funny.

Soundkillr
02-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Alright who was on 400 near 285 around 5ish? My neighbor sent me a facebook post stating a delorean was in front of them in traffic. I couldnt make out a plate from the pic. Whoever you are you were spotted....

ccurzio
02-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Me again. On my way back from Orlando, and traffic on 400 was blowing ass all the way up.

Was your friend the gal in the white car taking pics?

Soundkillr
02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
It was my neighbors co worker. im not sure what she drove, but that was probably her. It was on 400 and I saw the sign for 285 in the picture. Anyway, your car is floating around facebook :)

ccurzio
02-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I noticed two people taking pics of my car. A white car and a gold car.

If she was in the white car, tell her she's cute. If she was in the gold car she's also cute, but she was with a dude. :)

Dangermouse
06-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Chris again!!!http://img.tapatalk.com/a693798f-7776-2bc4.jpg

ccurzio
06-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE.

Were you at H Mart too? I love that place.

Dangermouse
06-24-2012, 08:06 PM
You were parked in the middle of the lot, actually closer to Longhorn and Kani House than H.

So i wasn't sure where you were. I hung around for a little while, removing parts from your car, but no/one appeared.

Love the H Mart too. Only place I know that you can buy live fish for eating :)

aludden
06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
I guess Atlanta people are into Deloreans...

On my way back from DCS, didn't get much attention at all except when I drove through Atlanta, several people took pictures as we were going down the freeway.

Alex

ramblinmike
06-28-2012, 01:07 PM

On my way back from DCS, didn't get much attention at all except when I drove through Atlanta, several people took pictures as we were going down the freeway.

Alex

I just went through Atlanta the week before DCS. No one took a single picture.

Could have been the 2002 Focus I was driving......

:)

Dangermouse
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM

Alex

They must have been tourists ;)

I just went through Atlanta the week before DCS. No one took a single picture.

Could have been the 2002 Focus I was driving......

:)

This has been generally my experience