PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1982 DeLorean #10014 (located in San Francisco, CA)

ryanjm
11-26-2011, 01:27 PM
It is with a heavy heart that I am putting my 1982 DeLorean (December 1981 build, #10014 -- the first day they were doing '82s!) up for sale. I still love the car and I always will, but with a new baby and one-car-garage living situation at our new home in San Francisco, my wife and I need the space (not to mention a four-door car).

Anyway, my car has been meticulously restored and cared for during the 12+ years I've had it. I have taken a lot of pride (and money) in its care during that time. Please contact me at ryanjm10014(at)gmail.com with inquiries/interest. Here's a link to photos, and below that will be a LONG list of upgrades and service.

I'm not saying goodbye to you all yet, because it's possible the car might not sell and I'll just keep it forever...which wouldn't exactly bum me out if that happened. :-) But I have come to the point where I am ready to hand the keys to a new owner so that they might Live the Dream I've been enjoying for the last 12 years.

Pics: http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq76/ryanjmc/Vin10014/

Best,

Ryan McCaffrey

--

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq76/ryanjmc/Vin10014/IMG_6201-small.jpg
1982 DeLorean DMC-12
VIN# 10014, build date December 1981
Flat hood w/emblem, stainless steel tips on exhaust (factory original)
71,000 miles
Owned by me since June 1999; purchased from original owner with 20,410 miles on it

Sell price: $39,500

NOTES:

-Recent $6k service by DMC California including new reconditioned cylinder heads and upgrade to performance camshafts (adds 62 horsepower)

-Car was recently appraised for $41,250, and that was prior to the $6k service and camshaft upgrade

-Car protected by warranty at any DMC service location through February 2012

-Full restoration in winter of 2004-2005, including complete engine tear-down. All bearings, chains, and gaskets inside engine and “Valley of Death” were replaced, so engine is like new

-Placed second in class in DCS West Las Vegas car show in 2009

-Only DeLorean exhibited in exclusive, invitation-only Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance in Hillsborough, CA in 2007-2011

-Exhibited in invitation-only Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance in Palo Alto, CA in 2005-2011

-Placed second in class in British Car Show (Phoenix, AZ) in 2006

-Car has only had premium octane gasoline run in it since I bought it in 1999

UPGRADES AND SERVICE HISTORY

-Complete stainless steel body re-grain done at DMC California in summer 2007
-Front fascia replaced in 2005 with new-in-box version from DMC (i.e. brand new)
-Rear fascia replaced in 2005 with new-in-box version from DMC (i.e. brand new)
-Headlights replaced with drop-in bright-white Sylvania Silverstar units in 2005
-DMC grill emblem replaced
-Front radiator screen replaced with black powder-coated heavy-duty stainless steel version from PJ Grady
-Front tires replaced in summer 2009 with Yokohama AVS Avid (less than 10,000 miles on these tires)
-Yokohama Avid S/T rear tires
-Radiator replaced in 2003 with heavy-duty three-core brass upgraded version from PJ Grady
-Full cooling system replacement in summer 2009 (pipes, hoses, heater core, water pump w/silicon hoses, A/C service; air-conditioning system is maintained with R-12)
-A/C compressor replaced 2003
-Upgraded trailing arm bolts
-Front end recall kit installed
-Steering column replaced with PJ Grady upgraded version in fall 2002
-Wheels replaced with DMC “machined” wheels in 2005
-Clutch assembly replaced as part of comprehensive restoration in winter 2004-2005
-Engine bearings, chains, and gaskets replaced as part of comprehensive restoration in winter 2004-2005
-New A/C blower motor
-Fuel accumulator replaced in 2003
-New PJ Grady Bosch fuel pump
-New fuel pump boot
-New DMC fuel pickup hose
-New fuel filter
-Major service kit performed June 2011
-New idle speed regulator June 2011
-New fuel lines near fuel pump
-Braided stainless steel fuel lines in engine compartment
-Stainless steel label kit
-Stainless steel coolant overflow bottle
-New main wiring harness
-New alternator (140 amp)
-Windshield trim repainted July 2007
-PJ Grady 24k gold-plated taillight circuit boards w/stainless steel screws for taillight lenses
-LED lighting kit for courtesy lights
-New light bulbs in instrument cluster and console
-140mph DMC upgrade speedometer
-DMC upgraded speedometer angle drive
-PJ Grady suspension kit (adjustable nitrogen-charged shocks and lower front springs)
-New brake master cylinder
-New clutch master cylinder
-New clutch slave cylinder
-Replaced entire brake system with stainless steel brake lines and PJ Grady upgraded stainless steel brake calipers
-New DMC seats (entire seats are new, not just seat covers)
-Sony CD/USB/MP3 stereo head unit
-Sony Xplod speakers: front and 6x9 rear
-New cargo net September 2009
-Upgraded window regulators
-New power lock solenoids
-Lockzilla door lock control system w/keyless entry and Wings-A-Loft door launcher system
-New DMC floormats
-New door headliners July 2011
-New LH front door hinge June 2011
-New PJ Grady door struts 2010
-Upgraded stainless steel heat shield
-New fuel injectors summer 2010
-K&N performance air filter
-DMC upgraded performance air intake hose
-Stainless steel rear louvre rib support from PJ Grady
-Stainless steel (powder-coated black) engine cover supports from PJ Grady
-DMC upgraded headlight switch
-New fuse box and fuses summer 2010
-Updated relay kit summer 2010
-Upgraded solid state RPM relay
-Fanzilla installed
-New DMC floormats
-Car has been in Arizona and then California its whole life; clean frame with no rust (a couple of cracks in the epoxy, though)
-Original fuel sender unit (it actually still works!)
-Original window switches in 100% perfect condition (with DMCH window switch cover circa 1999 that you can't get anymore)
-Original ignition key and owner's manual
-Complete service history since 1999 available

Chris Burns
11-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow! Looks like a well kept Delorean!

Chris 16409
11-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow what a great service history! You deserve to get your asking price for the car. Very Impressive!

ryanjm
11-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

LOL, I realized that I forgot one key piece of info: my car is a 5-speed manual.

Also, it has a new Optima Yellow Top battery, and a custom car cover would be included as well.