PDA

View Full Version : Can you last longer than Delorean's DMC?

Kenny_Z
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
This really looks interesting. You take over a car company and design cars from scratch. The object is to build what the people want to buy in markets all over the world. It's 30 bucks but preorders are 10 dollars off. I might pick it up.

http://rockethub.com/projects/2752-automation-the-car-company-tycoon-game

Cory W
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Cool!

Reminds me of a game from 8 or so years ago, "Car Tycoon" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_Tycoon).

EDIT: They even mention this game as the spiritual successor to CT...definitely interested.

DMCVegas
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
So does this game also take into consideration reliability of components, cost of components for profitability, tooling costs for said parts, and assembly line retooling as well?

Once I create a car, can I just keep badge-engineering it and spin it off into a second company under a corporate umbrella? Can I also make updates to the line as it goes on?

I'm just wondering how in-depth this when comparing it to a real-world scenario of designing a car.

Dracula
12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Or can you just make so few cars and charge such a ludicrous price that when one sells you've recouped all your investment and the second is nothing but profit? I'm talking the price I'd sell my DeLorean for; a "briefcase" full of money.

qwerk
12-01-2011, 07:39 PM
a "briefcase" full of money.

I'm going to charge two briefcases full of money, just to be more exclusive than you ;)

Kenny_Z
12-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm going to start keeping a barbie sized briefcase full of money with me so I can buy all your Deloreans ;)

Roman Legion
12-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Or can you just make so few cars and charge such a ludicrous price that when one sells you've recouped all your investment and the second is nothing but profit? I'm talking the price I'd sell my DeLorean for; a "briefcase" full of money.

Or you can sell me one of yours for all the money in my pocket right now..