PDA

View Full Version : Utah DeLorean Club?

Stainless
11-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Due to the few DeLoreans that I know of in Utah, I would like to align myself and participate with the most active community that is nearest to my home state. No posts have occurred in this club on this forum, so I'm wondering if anyone is actively involved in any club or group in the Colorado area, perhaps elsewhere on the internet.

If Colorado is not active, my next closest area would be the Las Vegas Club.

Anyone from Utah or Colorado that can give me some insight? Thanks.

Stainless
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I discovered at least three other DeLorean owners in my state this year, but none of them are active on this forum. Too bad. I do have the contact info for one of the owners that lives closest to me, so it's nice to have some local support. If anyone else along the Wasatch front is interested in some sort of local organization, let me know.

Jared

Citizen
07-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Jared,

I see you are a member of the DOD. Have you checked your list? There are at least 5 other owners in Utah that have an Active status in the DOD.

Good luck.

Thomas

Stainless
07-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Jared,

I see you are a member of the DOD. Have you checked your list? There are at least 5 other owners in Utah that have an Active status in the DOD.

Good luck.

Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks for the reminder. Perhaps I'll reach out to some of them via email and see if any of them are interested in a cruise in or something sometime. None of them listed on the DOD are any of the local owners that I have met before.

CharleneSS
08-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Thomas,

Thanks for the reminder. Perhaps I'll reach out to some of them via email and see if any of them are interested in a cruise in or something sometime. None of them listed on the DOD are any of the local owners that I have met before.

I live in West Jordan and own 2302. It's been in the Intermountain Concours d'Elegance a few times. email me [email protected]

nomad
12-15-2012, 04:53 PM
I discovered at least three other DeLorean owners in my state this year, but none of them are active on this forum. Too bad. I do have the contact info for one of the owners that lives closest to me, so it's nice to have some local support. If anyone else along the Wasatch front is interested in some sort of local organization, let me know.

Jared

We used to have a Utah chapter of the Delorean Owners Association. We would meet occasionaly in Salt Lake. I ran into the president of the chapter in Ireland during Eurofest in 2006. I believe he still lives in Salt Lake.

Jim

dhaney
12-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Sorry but most of us from the Rocky Mountain Deloreans don't spend too much time on DMCTALK these days. I just saw your note.

In Colorado we have a small but active group our name is Rocky Mountain Deloreans. We don't have any dues or requirements of any kind if you want to join an event do so, if you don't thats ok too! Regular events are tech sessions or full blown mechanical sessions, parades, charity events and just driving for fun and socialization. Our most recent get together was actually to help me put a new motor into my wife's muscle car, not really Delorean related at all but we had fun drank beer ate food and enjoyed the day, which is really what our club is about having fun!

We are just now putting together our event schedule for next year and the driving season. I am trying to put together a trip to the western slope to visit the Gateway Museum South West of Grand Junction.
http://www.gatewayautomuseum.com/

It would be great if you all wanted to be involved and then we would have a reason to venture west into Utah on occassion.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/RMDELOREANS/

Send me a note if you want more information or need help.
Dan
Vin 03254

Due to the few DeLoreans that I know of in Utah, I would like to align myself and participate with the most active community that is nearest to my home state. No posts have occurred in this club on this forum, so I'm wondering if anyone is actively involved in any club or group in the Colorado area, perhaps elsewhere on the internet.

If Colorado is not active, my next closest area would be the Las Vegas Club.

Anyone from Utah or Colorado that can give me some insight? Thanks.

DeLoreanDMC81
04-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Hey everyone, I just moved to Utah a few months ago and have been looking for other owners in the area. I moved from the Dayton, Ohio area and sadly my car is still back there. So I haven't been able to drive my baby for a while. :frown: I met a girl at work about 2 weeks ago that has one. It doesn't run, and she won't let me see it. lol She tells me that she won't let anyone see it because she's embarrassed that it doesn't run.

I think we need to get a club or something together out here. When I was in Ohio we had the DeLorean Club of Ohio, www.ohiodeloreans.com, and it was a great organization to be involved with!

Let me know what you all think! :smile:

James

mnoeltne
05-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi,

I hadn't checked in here lately. I'm in Grantsville, UT, out in the Tooele Valley south of the Great Salt Lake. I've had my DeLorean since 1999 and was active with the bunch near St Louis when I lived in Southern Illinois. Since moving to Utah I've run into a few owners but no one ever seemed interested in getting together.

My car is currently disassembled, but if work slows down a bit I may have it back together sometime this summer. After that happens I would be interested in meeting up with other owners in the area.

Jerry Wayne
05-31-2013, 11:05 AM
8)8)
Hey everyone, I just moved to Utah a few months ago and have been looking for other owners in the area. I moved from the Dayton, Ohio area and sadly my car is still back there. So I haven't been able to drive my baby for a while. :frown: I met a girl at work about 2 weeks ago that has one. It doesn't run, and she won't let me see it. lol She tells me that she won't let anyone see it because she's embarrassed that it doesn't run.

I think we need to get a club or something together out here. When I was in Ohio we had the DeLorean Club of Ohio, www.ohiodeloreans.com, and it was a great organization to be involved with!

Let me know what you all think! :smile:

James

Jpalatinus
08-21-2020, 01:05 PM
hello, i have been inactive for a while but i finally got abhouse with a garage and got my deloreans back with me. I am now in salt lake city and would love to connect with other owners in the area please let me know if other utah owners would like to get together.
Joe p 6808 and 17167

DaraSue
08-21-2020, 01:43 PM
hello, i have been inactive for a while but i finally got abhouse with a garage and got my deloreans back with me. I am now in salt lake city and would love to connect with other owners in the area please let me know if other utah owners would like to get together.
Joe p 6808 and 17167

Welcome back! We have a couple of other new owners in northern UT who are working on their cars, and our club President is finally getting another one after losing his in an unfortunate accident several years ago.

There's a Facebook page where club activities are posted, contact Jay or Brendan via PM (Jay also has his phone # posted a few posts down). https://www.facebook.com/UtahDelorean/

Hope we can meet up with you at a get-together soon!

Citizen
08-22-2020, 10:49 AM
I am now in salt lake city and would love to connect with other owners in the area please let me know if other utah owners would like to get together.
Joe p 6808 and 17167

Hope we can meet up with you at a get-together soon!

You can install the world's only DeLorean Mobile App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=citizenkidd.dod&hl=en_US) to find other owners in Utah, and then within each city. It is free and without advertisements. It can be used without joining the DOD, but to use the powerful directory search feature, you will need to be a member of the DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) - it too is free.

For more information, there is a thread here on DMCtalk: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?18105-DeLorean-Mobile-App&highlight=DeLorean+Mobile

To Join the DOD, simply go to www.DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net (http://www.DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net) and select Add Info.

Thomas