PDA

View Full Version : General Items, Products and Parts You'd Like to See Vendors Supply

sdg3205
06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Sure there might be a bit of a mark-up, but if given the choice between an extra couple bucks and searching for an obscure item for months on end... well that's your call.

Here's a few items that come to mind. They may not be realistic in some cases, but just think of this as a christmas wish list.

1. The convex mirrors (I think DMCMW sells these, do do other vendors or DMC franchises?)

2. Window Air Scoops (or other similar devices).

3. White Tire Paint - I know there are fanatics like me out there because they've all PM'd me! Took me a year of in depth searching to find this stuff.

4. Matching sets of original tire sizes. For those of us who want to maintain the 235/195 original sizes. I once sent a letter to Coker asking them to reproduce the BF Goodrich Radial T/A's (a la BTTF). No response. Since the Coopers are depleting, wouldn't be a bad idea to hoard some 195's.

5. Cup Holders. Any alternative that doesn't require damaging anything. Something that isn't ugly as sin either.

Farrar
06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
6. Chick magnet. Supposedly came with every D, but missing on at least a few.

Farrar

DMC3165
06-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I know its come up before but what about body panels. It would be nice to have a ready supply of lined hoods and LFF'S available. For those of us that haven't already stockpiled a dozen of each.

Domi
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Part 2, 3 & 4 :)

Notifier
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Maybe some sort of "kit" to upgrade/improve the audio system? Could be everything from a complete system (head unit, speakers, amps, wiring, etc) down to just specific parts, like just the speakers. Even offer improvements such as replacing the 4x10's to decent 6x9's in the rear.

timothymoore
06-04-2011, 09:48 AM
engine and transmission rebuild kits,
like to see more body panels reproduced so there more affordable

GS450-Junkie
06-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I just want to see some discounts, sales, promotions, etc. once in awhile. Has anyone on here ever gotten a break on anything ?? (Other than the buyer restoration program 10%). That's all I've ever seen DMC cough up. I think it'd be nice if once in a great while they'd say.....well, you just spent $1000--here's a free t-shirt. Or.... you've made 5 orders this past 2 weeks so we're going to give you 50% off your next shipping charge, or whatever. I realize vendors are running a business, and are in it to make money but these cars are expensive and a little bonus once in a while would go a long way IMO. Especially with labor rates. Again...I get it, but I don't get it. Anyone agree or am I nuts ? The one and only thing I hate about these cars are prices on parts. You can't do any amount of work on them without spending at least $300. Yeah, I realize parts are limited, etc. but customers are pretty loyal. Just throwin' it out there.... don't get offended.

sdg3205
06-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I just want to see some discounts, sales, promotions, etc. once in awhile. Has anyone on here ever gotten a break on anything ?? (Other than the buyer restoration program 10%). That's all I've ever seen DMC cough up. I think it'd be nice if once in a great while they'd say.....well, you just spent $1000--here's a free t-shirt. Or.... you've made 5 orders this past 2 weeks so we're going to give you 50% off your next shipping charge, or whatever. I realize vendors are running a business, and are in it to make money but these cars are expensive and a little bonus once in a while would go a long way IMO. Especially with labor rates. Again...I get it, but I don't get it. Anyone agree or am I nuts ? The one and only thing I hate about these cars are prices on parts. You can't do any amount of work on them without spending at least $300. Yeah, I realize parts are limited, etc. but customers are pretty loyal. Just throwin' it out there.... don't get offended.

I can certainly understand and respect where you are coming from. You're right - these are expensive little buggers to maintain. I think however, our daily discount comes in the form of seemingly endless free advice.

Our vendors put in a tremendous amount of overtime for us with no charge - often nights or weekends. There are also free tech sessions at DMC locations throughout the year.

I'm not sure where the spring specials are right now. Maybe they are in the works!

Chris 16409
06-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Before I had my DeLorean, I owned a Nissan 300ZX. So coming from that perspective, prices for DeLorean parts aren't that different. In fact, some things are a bit cheeper. For example, I had to get my fuel injectors replaced, they cost over $130 each. I know it's not quiet the same technology, but I just want to show a comparison. I can remember replacing my alternator and clutch hydraulics on the Nissan, and the corresponding DeLorean part cost about the same (around $100 for a Clutch Master Cylinder). I know other cars are cheaper, but comparing Nissan parts prices with the DeLorean helped me make my decision to buy the car. I spent a lot of money on that Nissan, also because I had the Nissan dealer work on it. With that said, I do think it would be nice to get a price break sometimes. Maybe offer a monthly sale price on a particular part. For example, for the month of July buy a clutch master and slave for $145 with free shipping. That would generate business in my opinion.

GS450-Junkie
06-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Or.... for the month of July knee pads are $25.00 off. Etc. etc. But you are right.... the free tech help is nice. More than likely if I saved money on one part, I'd spend it on others though. Whereas now I buy one part, and then save up for the next.

SIMid
06-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Having owned a few german cars and one italian, prices are reasonable, its the shipping that stings.

But as for improved parts, since the D is a high tech looking machine, anything carbon fibre wouldnt go astray! :D

If Porsche can release "R" models and Lamborghinis have the Superlegerras, a carbon bodies Delorean-S would be a nice addition!

Patrick C
06-05-2011, 06:01 AM
Sure there might be a bit of a mark-up, but if given the choice between an extra couple bucks and searching for an obscure item for months on end... well that's your call.

Here's a few items that come to mind. They may not be realistic in some cases, but just think of this as a christmas wish list.

1. The convex mirrors (I think DMCMW sells these, do do other vendors or DMC franchises?)

http://www.multivexmirror.net/Results.asp?category=2 or http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66009&cPath=20

2. Window Air Scoops (or other similar devices).
http://deloreanairscoop.com/

sdg3205
06-05-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.multivexmirror.net/Results.asp?category=2 or http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66009&cPath=20

http://deloreanairscoop.com/

I've had no luck with either of those vendors. Never heard back for the mirrors and my emails kept bouncing back for the air scoop.

GS450-Junkie
06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Hmmm.... ONLY $52 + shipping for the air scoops.

1batt4u
06-06-2011, 12:28 AM
How about a Double-Din Radio/Navigation Face Plate?? :aniclap:

DMC5180
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
How about a Double-Din Radio/Navigation Face Plate?? :aniclap:

Your right, Nobody wants nice cold A/C blowing in your face from the center ducts.8) j/k

I thought somebody was working on that privately. Was that you?

Bitsyncmaster
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Your right, Nobody wants nice cold A/C blowing in your face from the center ducts.8) j/k

I want the AC vents changed so they can be aimed to blow in my face. Both center and door vents.

Lenny
06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I want the AC vents changed so they can be aimed to blow in my face. Both center and door vents.

Living in Florida I second this.

I would also like an AC Vent down by knees. To me the door vents are useless. I put my hand over it to direct the flow on me.

Lenny

DMC5180
06-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Door vents are useless, unless you do the modification work in the door plenum to seal the leaks. There was a nice tech write up on this in DELOREANS Mag a few years ago. If you want maximum center duct flow, I think you can install those DMC covers on the duct openings that feed the doors. This forces maximum air out the center ducts. Its funny I usually direct the center air flow down from my face. But then my Right leg gets too cold.

sdg3205
06-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Door vents are useless, unless you do the modification work in the door plenum to seal the leaks. There was a nice tech write up on this in DELOREANS Mag a few years ago. If you want maximum center duct flow, I think you can install those DMC covers on the duct openings that feed the doors. This forces maximum air out the center ducts. Its funny I usually direct the center air flow down from my face. But then my Right leg gets too cold.

I used "Great Stuff" to seal up the door vents. I get a ton of air flow... I just dont have heat or A/C!

1batt4u
06-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Yes, that was me!! 8) I have everything designed, ready to be produced. I just need about 30 people to start this, before I blow so much money on everything and I only sell 4, 5, 6, or so units.

I'll post pictures again of the 3-D design, since everything was erased! ;)

Ryan King
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, that was me!! 8) I have everything designed, ready to be produced. I just need about 30 people to start this, before I blow so much money on everything and I only sell 4, 5, 6, or so units.

I'll post pictures again of the 3-D design, since everything was erased! ;)

Please post photos. I am very interested in your idea. Maybe start a new thread? I have the door plugs installed, and I only use the center vents. So I am a very interested buyer.

stevedmc
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Vendors could start including a small tube of KY Jelly for free on large orders. It would be nice to have something to help ease the pain when spending lots of money.

dmcnorway
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Foglight switch please (like the on/off switch, but with the foglightsymbol and no stickers please :)

Best wishes
Stian B.
Norway

VIN # 06759

DMC5180
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
I gotta to seal up the Door vents someday. I heard it works amazingly well.

nullset
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Blinker fluid and muffler bearings. None of the vendors carry them, and according to auto zone, they should be changed regularly, but they don't have the Delorean specific ones in stock :(

DMC5180
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
:lol: We need better Emoticons on here. Like the good ol'talk days.

sean
06-06-2011, 02:55 PM
:lol: We need better Emoticons on here. Like the good ol'talk days.

Let us know what you miss:
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?99-Smilies...

1batt4u
06-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Please post photos. I am very interested in your idea. Maybe start a new thread? I have the door plugs installed, and I only use the center vents. So I am a very interested buyer.

Hi Ryan,

I started again a new thread on the double-din face plate!!

Check it out!!

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?305-Double-Din-Navigation-Radio-Face-Plate-for-those-Interested!!!

dmc3130
06-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Also a metric volt meter....8)

Blackie
06-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Bring on the spring specials!

DeloreanJoshQ
06-07-2011, 07:54 AM
-Rear Sway Bar
-Original Digital Clock Replacement
-More Accurate Fuel Level Sending Unit
-Original size matching tires with performance tread and excellent quality
-"bolt-on" turbo charger upgrade (single or twin like BAE and Island)
-Cup holder that looks like it belongs in the interior
-"bolt-on" cruise control kit
-"bolt-on" EFI conversion

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 10:43 AM
-Rear Sway Bar

And would YOU buy all this stuff if it were available?

I think the number One Item that needs to be worked on is a stable source for Correct Tires. Everyone needs them at some point.

I have been told there have been talks with Coker Tire too potentially reproduce NCT's in our specific sizes. They are on board to do it (IF) they can get Licensing Rights from GOODYEAR. For those that don't know, Coker is the major reproduction tire maker that supplies Old cars and motor cycles restoration market with OEM type tires for restorations. They do not do performance tires that I'm aware of.

sdg3205
06-07-2011, 11:05 AM
-Rear Sway Bar

That's a damn good list. I'd love to see the turbos come back - especially some reproductions of the originals (can't even imagine how much this would cost!). I remember reading in old DeLorean World magazines a ton of adds that read "Think Twin Turbo!" so it must be possible.

In regards to tires. I still think if we put enough pressure on Coker (http://www.cokertire.com/) we could convince them to reproduce the original sizes. Personally I'd like the BF Goodrich reproduced in the right sizes.

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
That's a damn good list. I'd love to see the turbos come back - especially some reproductions of the originals (can't even imagine how much this would cost!). I remember reading in old DeLorean World magazines a ton of adds that read "Think Twin Turbo!" so it must be possible.

In regards to tires. I still think if we put enough pressure on Coker (http://www.cokertire.com/) we could convince them to reproduce the original sizes. Personally I'd like the BF Goodrich reproduced in the right sizes.

What particular BFG tire would you like to see? As I said, Coker specializes in OE tires. BFG was not the OE tire for the Delorean. were talkin' Concours stuff. Unfortunately the NCT is not a HIGH performance tire. but it's better than nothing. The other thing is that the Repro tires have to be an obsolete type or product line.

sdg3205
06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
What particular BFG tire would you like to see? As I said, Coker specializes in OE tires. BFG was not the OE tire for the Delorean. were talkin' Concours stuff. Unfortunately the NCT is not a HIGH performance tire. but it's better than nothing. The other thing is that the Repro tires have to be an obsolete type or product line.

My understanding is that Coker buys the moulds. I never really liked the look of the NCT's to be honest. I don't like Goodyears in general - I think they're overpriced crap.

I'd like the BF Goodrich Radial T/A's. Those are the tires I was looking for initially. I believe both the fronts and backs are obsolete.

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Actually I just checked there site (hadn't looked at their stuff in years) and was surprised to see those tire lines offered. So they are slowly coming into the modern era car market. 60's-80's. Unfortunately they do not have any GOODYEAR car or truck tires. Their is a listing for motorcycle tires but a quick check showed nothing available. I imagine GOODYEAR is being stingy with licensing rights.

Btw: it's not Coker we need to put pressure on. They are already interested in doing it. Its the licensing issue. Coker does makes their own generic brand, but I'd rather not see COKER on the side of my tires. It's bad enough to have to put up with COKE jokes. "Hey man they really did have COKE in the tires, it says so right there".

sdg3205
06-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah you can even search 'DeLorean' using 1982 dates but it states it doesn't stock anything.

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Yeah you can even search 'DeLorean' using 1982 dates but it states it doesn't stock anything.

Must be a prepackaged search listing to even have the Delorean in the list.

delornut
06-07-2011, 12:36 PM

I think the number One Item that needs to be worked on is a stable source for Correct Tires. Everyone needs them at some point.

I have been told there have been talks with Coker Tire too potentially reproduce NCT's in our specific sizes. They are on board to do it (IF) they can get Licensing Rights from GOODYEAR. For those that don't know, Coker is the major reproduction tire maker that supplies Old cars and motor cycles restoration market with OEM type tires for restorations. They do not do performance tires that I'm aware of.

Having owned the DeLorean from new I still have the bad memories of those NCT tires. They might be great for concours but if you want decent street tires and someone is going to the trouble and expense to reproduce our tire sizes there has to be a better choice

Bruce Benson

sdg3205
06-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Having owned the DeLorean from new I still have the bad memories of those NCT tires. They might be great for concours but if you want decent street tires and someone is going to the trouble and expense to reproduce our tire sizes there has to be a better choice

Bruce Benson

Bruce,

What are your bad memories? Did they wear quickly and unevenly or blow-up like all my Goodyears do before replacement?!

82DMC12
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Just look at them. The tread pattern is ancient. It would be a lot better to come up with some new AVS's or Michelin Pilot XGT's, both of which types of tires I have had. The Pilots are awesome, luckily I still have a lot of tread, they look good, and are wearing evenly. I hope they will hold out for a couple more driving seasons and maybe by then something better will be out.

But seriously, the tread pattern on the NCT's is terrible. I wouldn't try to drive a car hard with those tires. In the old car mag tests of the DeLorean, they always said the back end was quick to swing out in a turn if you let off the gas. With modern tires the physics are the same but they would have better compounds and tread design to keep the back planted longer. I've had a squirrelly rear end when driving at the limits and I don't want that to happen often. Kind of scary on a cloverleaf.

I'm not a tire expert but the NCT's are not good tires compared to modern tires.

Andy

Bopat
06-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I have this problem:
I saw somewhere that somebody is selling some kind of reinforcement plate for
GAS STRUT RET PLATE
Does anybody knows who sells it?
Or it's better to buy this one?
http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=19_31_121&products_id=121004

DeloreanJoshQ
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM

Yes I would if it was good quality and fair price.

I am also not a fan of the Goodyear NCT tires. I believe I read they were chosen over the Pirelli P7s originally because they were lower cost. I do not have a car that would require concourse tires vs. tires that would have updated tread and grip.

Michelins and Pirellis in correct sizes would be ideal. BFGs are fine, but I have found the Mastercraft Avenger GTs I have now to be just as good so far....

stevedmc
06-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I have this problem:
GAS STRUT RET PLATE
http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=19_31_121&products_id=121004

I don't have this problem yet but I asked Hervey about replacing the balljoint with a better part. He suggested the product that Grady sells. You might want to give Grady a call.

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes I would if it was good quality and fair price.

Michelins and Pirellis in correct sizes would be ideal. BFGs are fine, but I have found the Mastercraft Avenger GTs I have now to be just as good so far....

I assume the Avenger GT's are also on the NLA list. How old is the set you have now?

My rear Pilots are on borrowed time. I'm now coming to the end of my 5th set of tires in 17 years. I bought it with Toyo's on it. Then 2 sets of Yoko's and 2 set's of Pilot's. I average 4-5K a season.

Ryan King
06-08-2011, 02:25 AM
I have this problem:
GAS STRUT RET PLATE

Byrne Heninger sells an upgrade to that part...here is the link
http://www.deloreanupgradeparts.com/

r00b
06-08-2011, 03:30 AM
I remember from the old DMCtalk, someone asked Goodyear about remaking NTC's. They said they have the molds and would do it for $1000 for the set.

How about asking Michelin to make the pilots, we would only need the rears and with a group buy we could probably get a good price.

Chris 16409
06-08-2011, 03:35 AM
I saw somewhere that somebody is selling some kind of reinforcement plate for GAS STRUT RET PLATE. Does anybody knows who sells it?

I have attached a picture of the brackets Ryan was talking about. Is the picture you show of the ball stud from your car? If it is, then it looks like you have the rear quarter panel off. It may be good to consider Grady's offering as well. I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing the rear quarter panels, so I went with the bracket from Heninger. I have been pleased with it so far.

DeloreanJoshQ
06-08-2011, 08:41 AM
I assume the Avenger GT's are also on the NLA list. How old is the set you have now?

My rear Pilots are on borrowed time. I'm now coming to the end of my 5th set of tires in 17 years. I bought it with Toyo's on it. Then 2 sets of Yoko's and 2 set's of Pilot's. I average 4-5K a season.

My Avenger GTs bought a couple of months ago had 2009/2010 stamps on them front/rear so I lucked out before they were sold out....

DeloreanJoshQ
06-08-2011, 08:45 AM
The other item that I was thinking of that would be nice for a vendor to make is a cover for the bottom of the engine spanning from driver to passenger side that would be aluminum but painted flat black to improve aerodynamics, be vented to allow heat and any leaks an exit, clean up the look underneath from behind, and also have access to the oil pan drain plug and filter without removal....I have heard one was custom made at some point but never saw any pictures....

Grover
06-08-2011, 09:07 AM
My Avenger GTs bought a couple of months ago had 2009/2010 stamps on them front/rear so I lucked out before they were sold out....

Still available through tires-easy.com

I think they have the cobras too, just send a message or call and ask about the manufacture date to ensure they send the most recent ones out.

SamHill
06-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Someone mentioned on the old board: a fiberglass front facia in the original Collins era design. Bonus points for a set up that you can easily get on and off.

82DMC12
06-08-2011, 06:26 PM
The other item that I was thinking of that would be nice for a vendor to make is a cover for the bottom of the engine spanning from driver to passenger side that would be aluminum but painted flat black to improve aerodynamics, be vented to allow heat and any leaks an exit, clean up the look underneath from behind, and also have access to the oil pan drain plug and filter without removal....I have heard one was custom made at some point but never saw any pictures....

Actually I like how it's open underneath. If you have a cleaned and painted oilpan and headers such as the Stage 1 setup that hang down, it looks straight bad-ass from behind. The rear view of my car is definitely my favorite. Always gets compliments at car shows.

Andy

BK2DFUTR
06-09-2011, 11:08 PM
- How about the larger stock looking 16" - 17" rims (can still register online for this)
I would even go for 17" front & back but 18's seem too tall.
Also have the rims wider 10mm say for example: 205/45/16 and 245/45/17 tires.

- I would like to see offered a bolt on supercharger rather than a turbo as its exsists.

- Digital instrument cluster that does not require any hacking of the wires ( just plug in)
and can use the existing angle drive or connects direct to a sender for the speedo.

Farrar
06-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Bolt-on EFI kit.

Yeah, I'll keep dreaming. :lol:

Farrar

dmc6960
06-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Digital instrument cluster that does not require any hacking of the wires ( just plug in) and can use the existing angle drive or connects direct to a sender for the speedo.

I'm <slowly> working on this...

delornut
06-10-2011, 11:45 AM

Ben Bird's old Scientific Automotive tried this back in the 80's and found it retained too much heat in the engine compartment and dropped the idea.

Bruce Benson

sdg3205
06-12-2011, 12:42 AM
I'd like to see reproductions of the wide black side stripe with the original logo design, not the cut out.

dhaney
06-12-2011, 10:06 PM
My list....

-Replacement speedometer eliminating the angle drive
-A reliable/accurate fuel sending unit.
-A reliable/accurate oil pressure sending unit... Sorry John:( your unit worked really well for about a month and then was just as accurate as the OEM one I replaced it with...
-I second the bolt on Cruise Control idea

Dan

stevedmc
06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
-A reliable/accurate oil pressure sending unit...

You can get these from Autozone with a lifetime warranty. PS133 is the part number and I believe it cross references with a 1975 Corvette. This is what I have been running on my car for over a year with no problems.

dmc6960
06-13-2011, 09:43 AM
-Replacement speedometer eliminating the angle drive
-A reliable/accurate fuel sending unit.
-A reliable/accurate oil pressure sending unit... Sorry John:( your unit worked really well for about a month and then was just as accurate as the OEM one I replaced it with...
-I second the bolt on Cruise Control idea

I'm <slowly> working most of these...

Digitally controlled instrument cluster - backlit needle gauges
Electronically driven speedometer - eliminates angle drive
Electronically controlled fuel gauge would allow (through a small switch) to use a universal fuel sending unit.
Wasn't planning on a different sender for the oil, DMC stocks the good units (not the original crappy ones).
Although I'm not working on a bolt-on cruise control, there is nothing stopping it from using the the electronic signal from my angle drive replacement. Would simplify things.

nullset
06-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Most cruise control systems rely on engine vacuum or a tach signal. They don't actually read speed directly.

--buddy

Farrar
06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Most cruise control systems rely on engine vacuum or a tach signal. They don't actually read speed directly.

--buddy

Really? That's odd -- the kit I bought had provisions for a Vehicle Speed Sensor, which most modern cars do have. (I had to strap two magnets to a drive axle instead.) I guess the AudioVox unit is an exception to the rule.

Farrar

nullset
06-13-2011, 12:19 PM
It probably depends on the model. Some of the early ones were really weird…. :)

Maybe manual/auto makes a difference as well. I'm really not 100% sure.

--buddy

DMC5180
06-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Our cars are too old to have a VSS. So you need a signal generator (two magnets) to create an electronic pulse. The cruise computer reads PPM or PPS rate as RPM. It does not read speed like (70 MPH) Its simply governs the throttle in an effort to maintain the Signal Generated RPM settings that you tell it it too.

Also newer cruise units are available that are fully electronic (no Vacuum needed) Supposedly the electronic ones are better and less likely to creep and overshoot.

Farrar
06-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Our cars are too old to have a VSS. So you need a signal generator (two magnets) to create an electronic pulse.

I had to strap two magnets to a drive axle instead.

Yup, yup...

dhaney
06-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm <slowly> working most of these...

Wasn't planning on a different sender for the oil, DMC stocks the good units (not the original crappy ones).

It seems everyone is SLOWLY working on these items....8)

As far as the oil pressure sending unit goes... they really unrelaible, including the ones now being sold by the vendors... I had one that was supposed to be relaible... it was... for about a month... then it begain acting just like the OEM one.

I am going to try the one from Autozone that others have suggested.

Not that this is a big deal, I figure if I need a pressure gauge to tell me somethings wrong with the oil pressure, I'm already in deep sh&$ and it will be time for a new motor...

First and foremost on my list would be the fuel gauge and I even have some ideas on this and then cruise control...

I think everyone would love to have a replacement for the angle drive but in my case, luckily this has not been a big problem. My car has been "in the family" since 1985 and we've only had to replace the angle drive once.

Dan

Bitsyncmaster
06-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Has anyone ever had an angle drive failure after installing the one piece cable?

stevedmc
06-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Diet Cheerwine

Bikercmbc
06-15-2011, 11:42 AM
my car had cruise control that the PO put on it. it uses six magnets tied to the axel and there is a sensor that picks up the rotation. also uses vacuum off of the engine1157115811591160

anywhen
06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Bolt on after-market lightweight rims front 16" and rear 16".

Lenny
06-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Bolt on after-market lightweight rims front 16" and rear 16".

Pictures Please

anywhen
06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Modern rims, sized for modern tires. I already have a stock set.

anywhen
06-16-2011, 10:32 PM
I think the Delorean would look better with the same size rims. I present have 225 on the rear and like the way my car sits. Not to tall, not to low.

225/60/15 are 25.6" tall
195/60/14 are 23.2" tall

225/55/16 are 25.7" tall
205/45/16 are 23.2" tall

Many tire choices in the 16" size. What do y'all think?

DeloreanJoshQ
06-16-2011, 11:20 PM
I think the Delorean would look better with the same size rims. I present have 225 on the rear and like the way my car sits. Not to tall, not to low.

225/60/15 are 25.6" tall
195/60/14 are 23.2" tall

225/55/16 are 25.7" tall
205/45/16 are 23.2" tall

Many tire choices in the 16" size. What do y'all think?

The rear wheel wells are bigger than the front, correct?

anywhen
06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Never seen a Delorean with larger tires on the front than the back. Have you??

jmrydholm
06-17-2011, 04:25 PM
I would definitely buy some elbow grease and headlight fluid! :tongue2:
Red Vs. Blue references aside, I too would seriously like an "official" cupholder. Something ergonomic, functional, and well-made that totally says DeLorean on it.

DSNW Toby
06-30-2011, 09:07 PM

Josh - We made a very nice one for a customer here, and we have been hounded incessantly by folks wanting something similar. Ours is brushed aluminum, so it sort of mimics the rest of the body. It looks great, and works well for what you mentioned in your post. In spite of the danger of getting hounded even more ... stay tuned. One of the challenges is to make it so that it will fit both the stock exhaust and the Stage I / II exhausts. Since I have Stage I on Winged1, I will be forced to be the test subject for fitment. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. 8)

DeloreanJoshQ
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Josh - We made a very nice one for a customer here, and we have been hounded incessantly by folks wanting something similar. Ours is brushed aluminum, so it sort of mimics the rest of the body. It looks great, and works well for what you mentioned in your post. In spite of the danger of getting hounded even more ... stay tuned. One of the challenges is to make it so that it will fit both the stock exhaust and the Stage I / II exhausts. Since I have Stage I on Winged1, I will be forced to be the test subject for fitment. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. 8)

Awesome! I'll be looking for it!

Dracula
07-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I would definitely buy some elbow grease and headlight fluid! :tongue2:
Red Vs. Blue references aside, I too would seriously like an "official" cupholder. Something ergonomic, functional, and well-made that totally says DeLorean on it.

Definitely some form of cup holder. Every day I get closer and closer to hacking up a knee bolster to make one. Now that I have a spare, it's only a matter of time.

Bitsyncmaster
07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Definitely some form of cup holder. Every day I get closer and closer to hacking up a knee bolster to make one. Now that I have a spare, it's only a matter of time.

Now that would be cool. One that slides out of the bolster when you need it but when closed it looks stock.

A Van
07-01-2011, 05:15 PM
A "windows open" light for when you turn the ignition off, open doors and then realise they are still open......

ramblinmike
07-02-2011, 12:10 AM
A "windows open" light for when you turn the ignition off, open doors and then realise they are still open......

How about auto roll up/down for the windows? Tap and done! You could also make it so the windows automatically roll up when the ignition is turned off.

sean
07-02-2011, 08:06 AM
How about auto roll up/down for the windows? Tap and done! You could also make it so the windows automatically roll up when the ignition is turned off.

IIRC, Toby has a remote window feature you can add to one of his systems, not sure the feature is available as a stand alone option. Maybe he could be talked into wiring something that does what you ask, you should shoot him an email.

DMCMW Dave
07-02-2011, 10:44 AM
The biggest problem with remote-operating the windows is that there are no limit switches on them. So if you "time" the operation, and the windows are already partially up or down, it would put tremendous stress on the motor or regulator.

Modern cars with express up/down functions have limit switches or motor load sensors as part of the circuit. That would be essential in such an add-on.

Bitsyncmaster
07-02-2011, 11:16 AM
The biggest problem with remote-operating the windows is that there are no limit switches on them. So if you "time" the operation, and the windows are already partially up or down, it would put tremendous stress on the motor or regulator.

Modern cars with express up/down functions have limit switches or motor load sensors as part of the circuit. That would be essential in such an add-on.

Agree. It can be done (install load sensing) but it's a lot of cost to save you a few seconds to close them manually. I leave my windows open at work so I would not want auto close.

dmc6960
07-02-2011, 12:16 PM
2nd generation Ford Tauruses had a nice simple standalone load sensor for the driver auto-down function. I wanted to do this a while back so I picked up four of them (two for down an two for up). I figured put how to wire the two of them together to work on both down and up. Unfortunately, when I tried hooking it up to the drivers window (new style motor replaced before I bought the car), the worm gear would pop out of it's guide and prevent the auto off. I tried the passenger side as well, an original motor, but there was a similar problem. I figured with some reinforcements, it should be possible to install them on the newer motor units. I never followed up with this as my motors both work fine as is right now (with care). Once it comes time to replace the passenger side motor, I'll probably get two new motor units and try this project again.