PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. DeloreanREB aka Robert E. Bleier

CuriousBystander
05-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Any news will be appreciated, even if it is very sad news. Although I tend to think positive. But it's hard to go on like this every day, not knowing...

Citizen, are you on here?

Mike C.
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Yes, it would DEFINITELY be great to hear how Robert is doing. Hope he's doing well! Best wishes, Robert!

Ryan King
05-24-2011, 07:20 PM
I was hoping to hear something too. Anyone know of anything? :/

Dangermouse
05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I posted a similar thread on DMCHelp but didn't get an update.

MODS - that should be the first thread you revive !

Karin
05-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I would like to know how he's doing, too.

Cory W
05-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I'd like to know, too. What he's brought to the community is nothing short of impressive to a person who needs AuoCAD to draw a straight line. Always a kind word, and an active part of the community.

Hopefully he'll be able to come back and tell us about how his latest treatment has been successful, and he's with us for a while longer.

dvonk
05-25-2011, 12:43 AM
this is one of the first threads i tried to find... hope youre doing well Robert! :D

Dracula
05-25-2011, 05:24 AM
I hope that he's doing well and sees that we're all pulling for him.

Domi
05-25-2011, 06:39 AM
I really hope he is doing fine.

JBaker4981
05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Best of wishes to Robert, I hope he pulls through

Ikeaboy1
05-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Glad we're able to continue the thread. Hope he's well and that we'll hear from him!

deloreanman14
05-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Can't wait to hear how he's doing and I'm hoping for the best. :)

tyb323
05-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I really hope that we get to see him and his awesome artwork again soon, alive and well!

TheDon
05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
yes yes I do hope he is doing well

DavidProehl
05-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I found his CaringBridge site (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/robertbleier/). You may need to register in order to view it. It doesn't sound good. I read the last few entries and it sounds like he was in the hospital earlier this month, and when things weren't improving they opted to stop treatment. He is now in hospice care and it sounds like he has moments when he doesn't remember where he is or what is going on. I feel horrible for him.

All we can do at this point is pray.

crazycro
05-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Hope all is well with you Robert!! :wave:

Patrick C
05-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Best wishes for REB! Hang in there.

ssdelorean
05-29-2011, 09:43 PM
All we can do at this point is pray.

I will be doing so (even though we are not aloud to talk about that here anymore (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?116-No-political-religion-posts-or-threads-PERIOD!)).

Mike C.
05-30-2011, 09:57 AM
I will be doing so (even though we are not aloud to talk about that here anymore (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?116-No-political-religion-posts-or-threads-PERIOD!)).

You know very well that is not what we mean by that...

How about we keep this about Robert, who needs us all to be thinking and praying for him? :rolleyes:

DavidProehl
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Just read this on REB's CaringBridge site:

"WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 2011 5:16 AM, CDT
Rob died at about 3:30 this morning"

That is all that was included in the post.

CuriousBystander
06-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Rest in peace my friend...

You'll be forever missed :(

Ryan
06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Thoughts are with his family and friends. I just wish he would of had the chance to live the dream before he left us...

Rest in peace Robert

CuriousBystander
06-01-2011, 12:38 PM
We will always remember, each in our own way, for the way he touched our lives and made us smile.. As an artist, writer, programmer, DeLorean enthusiast and simply a kind-hearted guy... A father that's always put his kids' needs ahead of his own, a good son and dear husband, a friend and inspiration to many...

Unlike many people on this board, i've not had the chance to meet Robert in person, but that doesn't make his passing any less painful for me, perhaps even more so actually. But i'm sure my pain is nothing compared to what he had to go through in the final weeks of his life...

Please take a moment to remember how precious and fragile life really is. To hug your friends and family, to smile and forgive. To have a glimpse at the bright shiny D in your garage, the thing Robert never got to have but always wanted.

And please pray for his soul, that he would be in a good place. He will be dearly missed.

Farrar
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Damn. That sucks.

Best to his friends and family. He will be sorely missed.

Farrar

Ozzie
06-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Very sad news.
Hope the best for his family.

Dangermouse
06-01-2011, 01:20 PM
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
May the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand.

Bitsyncmaster
06-01-2011, 01:40 PM
My condolences to all family and friends. I will always remember Rob for his enthusiasm and excitement over his drawings of the Delorean.

Domi
06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm so sad to read that news.
He really was a part of the community with all his wonderful painting.
My condolences to his family.
May god bless him.

Mike C.
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Im truly saddened to hear of the loss of Robert to not only our forum, but also in the lives he has touched personally.

Having only spoken to him as "Reb", he was always a pleasure to chat with, and his enthusiasm for this community was nothing short of memorable. I know deep down he wanted a D more than anything, but his illness and relapse kept him from ultimately reaching that goal.

Seeing a member who was ill still put forth the effort to make such memorable paintings of DeLoreans "just because" shows his passion for the cars and the lifestyle weren't just a phase.

I know I will truly miss his contributions, and I will miss seeing him on the board. My sincerest sympathies and warmest condolences and prayers go out to all who knew Robert, all of his friends, and all of his family.

In all of the meaningless things in life we think are important, I will take a second to step back and remember the courageous fight Robert put forth every day.

Your suffering is over, Reb. May your heaven be filled with eternal happiness, and maybe a D in the garage.

-Mike

Evildeli
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Sad to see we lost a member. Hope he's at peace.

louielouie2000
06-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I hate to hear of Robert's passing. Bill Robertson and I drove #5939 from North Carolina to New Orleans last year to visit with Farrar Hudkins, and were going to continue on to Houston to meet Robert for the purpose of letting him finally be able to drive a DeLorean (apparently all those visits he made to DMCH, he was never offered to drive a D around the block). Bill and I ended up running out of time, and were unable to continue on to Houston (something I've greatly regretted this past year). I hope Robert at least got to drive a DeLorean around the block before his death. He seemed to love the cars like few others.

Karin
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
This is very heartbroken. Very sad to hear of REB's passing. I will miss him a lot. He was a good friend and family member to all of us, whether or not we actually met him in person. His paintings will remain forever in this community's hearts for years to come. At least he is not suffering anymore.

Rest in peace, buddy. I've enjoyed your presence in the old forums as a good friend. I have always enjoyed your signature full of your paintings. You will be missed greatly.

Dangermouse
06-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I hate to hear of Robert's passing. Bill Robertson and I drove #5939 from North Carolina to New Orleans last year to visit with Farrar Hudkins, and were going to continue on to Houston to meet Robert for the purpose of letting him finally be able to drive a DeLorean (apparently all those visits he made to DMCH, he was never offered to drive a D around the block). Bill and I ended up running out of time, and were unable to continue on to Houston (something I've greatly regretted this past year). I hope Robert at least got to drive a DeLorean around the block before his death. He seemed to love the cars like few others.

I understand that at his art show back in October (was it really so soon?), DMCH sponsored it and he was able to get a ride in one, perhaps even drive one.

I think these links are worth repeating. It was definitely a happy time for him.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/humble/news/article_24ccbdf3-6d2e-5e51-9240-dda8cb4f6830.html?mode=story

http://jalopnik.com/5670378/see-the-delorean-painters-debut-show-this-saturday

Jamie
06-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Oh no...

I can't believe it, he always seemed like the kind of guy who would always be around, posting updates about his latest painting.

RIP Robert, I'll be sure to keep a copy of "Barn Find" on any PC I own in the future, it is truly a wonderful piece (along with the rest of them) and may they stand for all of time. You will be missed buddy. :angel:

deloreanman14
06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Even though I never met him, I felt like I knew Robert. It's hard for me to believe he's dead because he always seemed so full of life and was always looking forward to what was next. The DeLorean family and indeed, the world has lost an incredibly kind and talented person.

Send all my best to his family in this trying time.

AdmiralSenn
06-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Goodbye, man. You're already missed here. I hate that you had to go but at least you're not hurting any more. Godspeed.

Renee_1632
06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Rest in peace Robert. You will be missed.

nimaside
06-01-2011, 09:17 PM
This is horrible. In my mind for some reason I always thought he may have been exaggerating his condition for empathy, and now I feel terrible for thinking that.

Maybe his artwork can be sold for generous amounts that could go to his family.

He never got to "live the Dream" like many of us won't, but I'm glad he did find love and had a family.

lazabby
06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
From a Facebook posting:
It with great sadness that we note the passing of Robert Bleier, a Houston DeLor...ean lover and artist who made the DeLorean the subject of a number of his paintings including the one shown here. We were honored to participate in the showing of his art last October at WAR'HOUS Visual Studios. Robert leaves behind a wife and two children, and countless friends from the local and international DeLorean community. Take a moment to learn more about Robert and see more of his work here: http://jalopnik.com/5620802/how-delorean-therapy-eased-my-cancer and http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/kingwood/news/article_77997aa3-b50f-585d-978b-6a3a9631a467.html and here: http://deloreanreb.deviantart.com/

CuriousBystander
06-01-2011, 09:51 PM
This is horrible. In my mind for some reason I always thought he may have been exaggerating his condition for empathy, and now I feel terrible for thinking that.

That may be because he's kept his spirits high while at the same time acknowledging the grim reality... even though the two things don't quite "match"...

From just reading text posted on the 'net, it's easy to assume that a person who loves life and always has something kind to say, has nothing to worry about... while the opposite is actually true. Only seeing a person's eyes will tell the whole story...

So we understand... *hugs*

Patrick C
06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
RIP, REB. Your enthusiasm will be missed.

dvonk
06-02-2011, 01:18 AM
this news saddens me greatly. i find myself at a lack of words. goodbye Robert, your artwork and ambition will be missed. may you rest in peace.

Ryan King
06-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Robert will be missed. :(

living_the_dream
06-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Wow, there's a deep void in DMCTALK with him gone. RIP REB. Your paintings and your spirit touched more people than you know...

Dangermouse
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Our friends at Jalopnik have honored Robert as well

http://jalopnik.com/5807535/robert-bleier-delorean-painter-dead-at-44

RIP REB

Morpheus
06-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Rest in peace, my friend. You will be remembered fondly.

MikeWard
06-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Rest in peace Robert.

Sidaries
06-03-2011, 07:05 AM
I never met Reb and I'm sure he didn't know me, but I always checked on dmctalk how is he going. I'm very sad to hear him passing, rest in peace.

TheDon
06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Our friends at Jalopnik have honored Robert as well

RIP REB

I just saw that as well

You will be missed, REB. RIP

DeLorean937
06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
RIP my friend. Never got a chance to know you, wish I did, but from one DeLorean lover to another, RIP

sub302
06-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Rob died around 3:30 am Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at a family home. Thank you all for your compassion, love and caring.

The Memorial Service for Rob has been scheduled for Saturday, June 11 at 10 am. Services will be at Rosewood Funeral Home, 2227 US Hwy 59 in Porter, Texas, just north of Kingwood. The phone number there is 281-354-2171.

A fund has been established with Chase Bank to help defray health and funeral costs. The account number is 3028717225. Donations can be given through any Chase Bank Also through PayPal at www.paypal.com, with gifts made to the account of [email protected].

Joe
06-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Hello everybody! Thanks for letting me in. I am REB's older brother Joe. I just recently became aware of your forum. Your messages are very comforting. I wanted to let you know that a memorial service has been scheduled for Rob for Saturday, June 11 at 10 am. It will be at Rosewood Funeral Home, 22271 US Hwy 59, Porter, TX

A fund has been set up for his family to help defray health and insurance costs. Gifts can be made to the account of [email protected] through www.paypal.com, or through any Chase Bank, account # 3028717225.

I learn of Rob's fondness for the DeLorean shortly after he began his first trial of chemo several years ago. The many articles printed about him gave me an idea of how much he liked them, but I'm sure I remain ignorant of the magnitude of his devotion. Still, it seems to me that he would be greatly honored to have a Delorean present at his service. With great humility, I would like to inquire as to the possibility of having a Delorean on static display at his service. Or, if any of you have experience at other funerals, I'm open to your ideas. Rob will be cremated. There is no planned procession.

Throughout is ordeal, I have made many postings about his trials at www.caringbridge.com. Please feel free to visit his site, "robertbleier". Thank you again for your kind words.

Ikeaboy1
06-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Roberts illness brought out the best in this community. I'm sure he did for others as well. I'm sure someone will be able to assist with a Delorean in his honor. If I wasn't across the country, I'd volunteer.

Well wishes to your family and best of luck to everyone healing from the loss.

1Mcfly4u
06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
You will be missed Robert. You and your family are in my prayers. The community is now minus a shining star :(

Jonathan
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Your brother was a wonderful human being Joe. He added something positive to this forum and the entire DeLorean community both with his artwork and his posts. Always trying to stay up beat even when the cancer had gotten him down. I know he helped me put things in perspective, as I'm sure others learned too. I'll always cherish the 12 prints I was able to receive from him and they will be proudly displayed. For someone I never got to meet, I will certainly miss him.

On the night of June 1st, after I heard the news of his passing, I took this picture. I wanted to emulate the beautiful images he had created. I called it "Into the sunset" RIP Robert.

Kukem
06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
With deepest sympathies, I extend condolences to Robert's family and friends. I did not have a lot of oppertunities to talk with him but I did have an oppertunity to have him critique one of my DeLorean drawings and he offered a lot of suggestions to help make my art better. I will miss not being able to have his input on the piece I am currently working on.

You will be missed by all those you have touched, Robert. Rest easy.

DMCH James
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Joe,

There will be at least a couple DeLorean's present. Sarah and I are planning to come, and I think I heard of at least another from the local area, as well.

James

Hello everybody! Thanks for letting me in. I am REB's older brother Joe. I just recently became aware of your forum. Your messages are very comforting. I wanted to let you know that a memorial service has been scheduled for Rob for Saturday, June 11 at 10 am. It will be at Rosewood Funeral Home, 22271 US Hwy 59, Porter, TX

A fund has been set up for his family to help defray health and insurance costs. Gifts can be made to the account of [email protected] through www.paypal.com, or through any Chase Bank, account # 3028717225.

I learn of Rob's fondness for the DeLorean shortly after he began his first trial of chemo several years ago. The many articles printed about him gave me an idea of how much he liked them, but I'm sure I remain ignorant of the magnitude of his devotion. Still, it seems to me that he would be greatly honored to have a Delorean present at his service. With great humility, I would like to inquire as to the possibility of having a Delorean on static display at his service. Or, if any of you have experience at other funerals, I'm open to your ideas. Rob will be cremated. There is no planned procession.

Throughout is ordeal, I have made many postings about his trials at www.caringbridge.com. Please feel free to visit his site, "robertbleier". Thank you again for your kind words.

thruxton
06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
wow this sucks.
he really wanted to buy my d a few years ago.
wish I could've made that happen for him.
really kind guy, rest in peace.

Jonathan
06-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Joe,

There will be at least a couple DeLorean's present. Sarah and I are planning to come, and I think I heard of at least another from the local area, as well.

James

Were you able to attend with a few D's there, James? Hopefully the family was shown how much the DMC community enjoyed having him be a part of things.

TheDutchTexan
07-29-2011, 02:43 AM
I hope it was a wonderful service, and he had a few D's there to bid him farewell.

I always liked his paintings when he posted them on the previous board, the details in them was astonishing. I tried my hands on a DeLorean drawing once, and I just couldn't get it right. His where always spot on.