PDA

View Full Version : Condolences and Prayers

DMCMW Julee
12-05-2011, 12:17 PM
One of our fellow DeLorean Owners was tragically killed yesterday.

Steven Vanderboegh of Michigan was being the best of men when he and his wife Bobbie pulled off to the side of the road to help some stranded fellow travellers. While they gave shelter in their car and waited for emergency services to arrive, a semi-truck slammed into their car killing Steve instantly. Bobbie and their passengers survived.

Steve and his sons had recently been working together to bring their DeLorean into good running condition and Bobbie told me that this had been a wonderful bonding experience for them. It is now is a wonderful treasured memory to hold on to.

The Vanderboeghs are a family of faith and know that Steve has gone home to his eternal rest. They look forward to the day that they will see him again. In the meantime, these days of pain must be endured. Please be in prayer for Bobbie and their sons.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - and, I believe, even more so if that friend is a "stranger".

We are all blessed by the fact that Steve was this kind of man.

If you would like to send your personal sympathies, please PM me or email me directly at [email protected] for the Vanderboegh address.

Mike C.
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Oh my, that is horrible! My thoughts and prayers definitely go out to his family!

Domi
12-05-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear such an horrible news.
My condolences to the family.

Tamir A.
12-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Truly horrible, sorry to hear. My thoughts go out to his wife and family.

T.

Chris Burns
12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
That's a terrible thing for sure. It's not fair for something like that to happen to anyone (especially someone who is trying to help someone) My sympathies to the family.

SIMid
12-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Absolutely tragic. My condolences to the family and his friends.

Spittybug
12-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Condolences for an "extended family" member. Anyone that shares a passion, whether known in person or not, will be missed by those who share the passion.

A terrible reminder that even in service to others, be sure to be safe and vigilant.

Bitsyncmaster
12-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Such a tragedy. My condolences to everyone that knew him.

Ozzie
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
How tragic and sad.
Deepest sympathies and condolences to the family.

Dangermouse
12-06-2011, 07:36 AM
That is really sad. My thoughts are with his family.

stevedmc
12-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow. Very sad. I didn't know him but I'll certainly keep the family in prayer.

Mark D
12-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Such a sad thing to hear... Best wishes to family and friends.

Byrne H&A
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
We will offer mass and Holy Communion tomorrow for the spiritual well-being of Steven and his family.
Byrne and Marian

Citizen
12-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Please add my wife and I, strangers to Steven also, to the list of people sending our condolences and prayers.

Thomas and Carol, from Houston.

pezzonovante88
12-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Very sad to hear it especially when its so unexpected. My condolences to his family.

Cory W
12-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Here's an article on the incident. (http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/12/post_177.html) So sad. December is the cruelest month.

Rest in Peace, good sir.

1batt4u
12-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Just came across this! WoW!! Can't believe it!! My condolences and prayers to the family!!! So sad!!

BigBenb84
12-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Very sad.

Is he a member of the forum? username?

Karin
12-07-2011, 07:25 PM
This really is heartbreaking. Sorry to hear one of ours passed away. Many prayers.

DMCMW Julee
12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I spoke with Steve's wife, Bobbie, today and she and the kids (Ashley - my apologies for getting this wrong - & Alex) are coping as best as they can. They have been comforted by all of the support coming their way including all of your kind words and prayers.

She told me that Steve's act of kindness to strangers was definitely not a one-time event. This was exactly who he was everyday. What a special man and what a great role model to his kids and to all of us for that matter. He has inspired me to live it out as well.

As far as I know, Steve was not a member of this forum. He and Alex were working hard on getting their car up and running but I am sure that they were looking forward to fully participating when the car was ready.

Steve will be laid to rest on Monday in his favorite place to be - Mackinaw Island, MI. Please continue to pray for Bobbie, Ashley, and Alex as they struggle to make it through these next few difficult days and beyond.

stevedmc
12-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Forgive me if this was already mentioned but how is his wife and the others doing? This is a really sad story, but hopefully the others didn't have any serious injuries.

I mentioned the situation at church tonight and plenty of people will be praying for the family.

dmcpom
12-08-2011, 09:43 AM
very sad ,speachless really..... our thoughts are with you.....

jmrydholm
01-05-2012, 01:58 PM
That's terrible! I'll definitely be keeping him and his family in my prayers. My heart goes out to the Michigan crew and all those who knew him.

-John
Platte City, MO
formerly of Romeo, MI

DMOCO Rick
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Very very sorry to hear this.

Canon20DFan
01-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I hope it's not inappropriate, but is there any information about the vehicle that struck him? Is there an explanation of the incident...alcohol, sleepy driver, etc.? I certainly hope the family has some recourse against the other driver...

Jimmyvonviggle
01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
I too like many fellow DeLorean owners did not know Steve. I really feel for his wife and especially his two children. I hope they have good friends and family to help them cope with this situations.