PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Strut Bar - One only!

DMCMW Dave
12-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Here's a sort of Christmas deal. I have a Kuchan Strut bar that was removed from a car. Yes - it's used but it's not like it's something that wears out. Can't be told from new.

The special thing here is that it includes the carpet already cut for the bar - so you don't even have to cut yours. The carpet includes the OEM deck board so shipping might be a pain unless you have us remove the board and just send the carpet with the bar. Same price either way. Carpet is typically at least $50.

When we had them they sold for $175, this one is $175 WITH the carpet and deck board. Plus shipping - Fedex Ground only.

PM or call Julee. 815 459 6439

aryx
12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
PMed.

Michael
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Those things really make a difference. I got one for my car and I was not expecting much, but it surprised me how much more solid the car felt in corners.

Chris 16409
12-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I was trying hold out for the one that Toby is coming out with.

ccurzio
10-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Probably a long shot but I don't suppose this is still available, is it?

DMCMW Dave
10-13-2012, 07:38 PM
We actually have quite a few, back into production but have not quite gotten to putting it online.

ccurzio
10-14-2012, 03:50 PM
We actually have quite a few, back into production but have not quite gotten to putting it online.

Awesome. If the kit still includes the carpet I would like to order one immediately.

DMCMW Dave
10-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Awesome. If the kit still includes the carpet I would like to order one immediately.

Sorry - that was a one time deal on some excess (trunk carpet) stock.

SIMid
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Do all Deloreans meant to have a Deck Board? Is this a sheet that goes under the carpet? If so, I don't have one then.

DMCMW Dave
10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
The early cars do not have the board.

SIMid
10-15-2012, 01:54 AM
The early cars do not have the board.

Is it like a thin sheet of chip board or something similar?

My hood is full of cleaning products, box of flyers, spare belts, the carpet is not looking too crisp and flat. There's that indentation where the spare wheel is. Might invest in getting something cut up.

Tillsy
10-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Is it like a thin sheet of chip board or something similar?

Sure is!

SIMid
10-15-2012, 02:25 AM
High tech! ;)

ccurzio
10-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Just ordered this doodad from the good folks at DMCMW. Looking forward to getting it (and subsequently adding a 17mm socket and wrench to my emergency kit since you need to remove the bar to get at the spare tire).

Michael
10-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Just ordered this doodad from the good folks at DMCMW. Looking forward to getting it (and subsequently adding a 17mm socket and wrench to my emergency kit since you need to remove the bar to get at the spare tire).

You will love it.

john 05141
10-16-2012, 04:34 AM
I have always been wondering if this woud be an interesting thing to buy. I do have Ed's lower arm supports which was a big improvement. but I'm not so fond of this ugly bar in the trunk. I have this new carpet and I do not want to poke holes in it.
I am a carful driver, never had issues with corners.
So the basic question is, does someone who's not an agressive driver with the lower arm supports installed this and even then noticed improvements?

Jan

ccurzio
10-17-2012, 10:50 AM
You will love it.

I'm pretty excited. It's coming today. :)

ccurzio
10-17-2012, 01:26 PM
After wrestling with some goofy instructions for a bit (step 3 telling you to "proceed to step 3", other steps pointing to wrong figure photos, etc.), I got the thing installed with pretty much no issues. After that, there was only one thing left to do: drive. So I headed north in the direction of Suches toward some nice and twisty mountain roads.

Impressions: I can certainly see what all the fuss is about. The handling feels far more confident and much less "gooey", and is an absolute improvement. You can maintain a much tighter line through corners with ease, and everything on the whole is a lot more predictable. On one particularly sharp curve I actually said "oh HELL yes" through the turn.

Everyone should call Dave and Julee and order one of these immediately.

Side note: the instructions said that the bolts should be torqued to 33 ft-lbs. I have a torque wrench so this wasn't an issue, but how important is this really? If I ever get stranded with a flat and need to remove the bar, I don't want to have to carry a torque wrench and remember 33 just so I'm able to drive again. Can you just tighten them down really good and leave it at that?

Soundkillr
10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
After wrestling with some goofy instructions for a bit (step 3 telling you to "proceed to step 3", other steps pointing to wrong figure photos, etc.), I got the thing installed with pretty much no issues. After that, there was only one thing left to do: drive. So I headed north in the direction of Suches toward some nice and twisty mountain roads.

Impressions: I can certainly see what all the fuss is about. The handling feels far more confident and much less "gooey", and is an absolute improvement. You can maintain a much tighter line through corners with ease, and everything on the whole is a lot more predictable. On one particularly sharp curve I actually said "oh HELL yes" through the turn.

Everyone should call Dave and Julee and order one of these immediately.

Side note: the instructions said that the bolts should be torqued to 33 ft-lbs. I have a torque wrench so this wasn't an issue, but how important is this really? If I ever get stranded with a flat and need to remove the bar, I don't want to have to carry a torque wrench and remember 33 just so I'm able to drive again. Can you just tighten them down really good and leave it at that?

As far as torque goes, I wouldn't think it's that important, but you don't want to over tighten, and pull the nut loose from the back of the frame. I have been told is you over tighten, it can break the nut off the epoxy, and then you have a real mess....

Dangermouse
10-17-2012, 03:14 PM
If you had removed it to fit the spare, why would you bother to re-install it?

1 - you will have the donut on one wheel, so you won't be doing any energetic driving anyway.
2 - you'll just have to take it off again to re-stow the spare
3- it will undoubtedly be raining

ccurzio
10-17-2012, 03:16 PM
If you had removed it to fit the spare, why would you bother to re-install it?

Because unless I carried spare bolts with me, the shocks would not be secured to the car.

I suppose I could just carry the old bolts in my kit.

As far as torque goes, I wouldn't think it's that important, but you don't want to over tighten, and pull the nut loose from the back of the frame. I have been told is you over tighten, it can break the nut off the epoxy, and then you have a real mess....

Yeah, that doesn't sound pleasant at all.

ccurzio
10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Doink doink.

http://i.imgur.com/mx2zb.jpg

thirdmanj
10-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but how do these things really help make a DeLorean perform better?

cybercusp
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
They keep your groceries from shifting during hard cornering.

thirdmanj
10-17-2012, 04:11 PM
They keep your groceries from shifting during hard cornering.

Pffft, no way silly! It'd have to be installed the other way for that.. Duuuh.

Dangermouse
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
They give Steve's spare woman something to hold on to :)

Dangermouse
10-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Because unless I carried spare bolts with me, the shocks would not be secured to the car.

I suppose I could just carry the old bolts in my kit.

OK then. Didn't really think about how the thing is attached. Oops

cybercusp
10-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Whoops! Hard braking!

SIMid
10-17-2012, 10:50 PM

*LOL*

Don't want to damage your french toast.

fnzen
02-22-2013, 01:12 AM
I installed one of these in my car and I must say the steering response in curves is greatly improved!