PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler Dealers Episode

Kevin
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I figured this needed its own forum thread in the Video section. It was a great episode and representation of the DeLorean. I came into the episode expecting cracks about all the usual stuff, but the guy was genuinely excited about the car (I had never seen Wheeler Dealers before, seems like that guy may always be like that) and it had some fascinating repair video (oil seal, louvre repair, stainless dent repair, door window motors).

I used keepvid.com to download and keep a copy of this for myself in 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=804iYqNQetk

The main thread about this episode was here (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?416-Wheeler-Dealers-interview-featuring-the-DeLorean), but didn't contain an embed of the whole episode, only torrents and parts of the episode.

Spittybug
12-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I just watched the whole episode. Very good exposure! They didn't touch the entire engine bay except for dropping the tranny to change the rear seal. Still has the plastic radiator bottle and some minor eyebrowing. No real shots of the suspension or some of the other areas of concern.

I don't know if the buyer at the end was real or not, but 20,500 GBP is a pretty damned hefty tag ($32,105 today) for a car that undoubtedly still needed work.

Ought to help our collective values however. Nice post!

opethmike
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I really doubt that they showed everything they actually did to the car. I believe that folks from DOCUK have stated that things like nearly the entire fuel system, brakes, etc were also addressed.

pezzonovante88
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Wheeler Dealers is an AWESOME show. Sure, they don't take into account labor costs, and they cut quite a bit of the 'action' out, but for a one-hour show, its fantastic. The DeLorean episode is one of the best. They truly compliment the car.

dvonk
12-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I really doubt that they showed everything they actually did to the car.

i was thinking the same thing while watching the episode... but still, i really enjoyed watching 'hands on' DeLorean repair (the closest i can get to the real thing at the moment :lol:), and i liked how the whole episode had a positive attitude towards the car.

i especially enjoyed watching 'The Master' Chris Nicholson work his magic on the stainless! :headbang:

sean
12-12-2011, 07:43 AM
i was thinking the same thing while watching the episode... but still, i really enjoyed watching 'hands on' DeLorean repair (the closest i can get to the real thing at the moment :lol:), and i liked how the whole episode had a positive attitude towards the car.

i especially enjoyed watching 'The Master' Chris Nicholson work his magic on the stainless! :headbang:

I agree! It was a very positive piece and pretty cool to see Nicholson work his magic.

TTait
12-13-2011, 01:20 AM
I have appreciated Martin's Youtube channel in the past, but I would really love to see a series of videos by Chris giving his tips on repairing stainless...

I watched once as Ed Uding took a crumpled rear quarter and put it back into near perfect shape, remarkable...

robvanderveer
12-13-2011, 06:24 AM
I watched once as Ed Uding took a crumpled rear quarter and put it back into near perfect shape, remarkable...
have you got a link to that one?

Rhsxo
12-16-2011, 02:12 AM
I think that the episode was very well done.

As I have posted on here before, my car was used in the driving shots of the prestine car at the start of the episode. The 4 hour shoot was condensed to 29 seconds on air. The entire process was a blast and I thank Daniel and his crew for allowing me to be a part of the episode.

I have a ton of photos from the shoot that day along with some video clips of the filming in progress. When I have a moment, I'll post them to the forum for everyone to see.

BTTF-1
12-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Excellent. Can't wait to see them.

Ed::rock_on: