PDA

View Full Version : General Planning some upgrades

82DMC12
06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey guys,

I'm planning my frame-off resto for this fall. I will probably do some mild upgrades while I'm in there. I already have the stage 1 system. I have an Accel super-stock coil with stock wires and plugs.

What gains, if any, would there be from the Nology ignition wire upgrade? I've heard mixed results but it's been quite a while since I heard anything. Is it worth the money?

What are the options these days with cams? I think Steger had cams at Pheasant Run - that was the first time I heard of them being available. What kind of HP gains do you get? What's the accelleration like? Any problems with them?

Who else sells cams, and what are they like?

I know some of you are going EFI but I dont' think I'm ready for that jump yet. I know of like K-Jet, actually.

Andy

dmc6960
06-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Dont get the Nology. In fact, I would give you the set I removed from my car, but two of the plugs are damaged so don't bother.

Since the engine will be removed from the body/frame, now is an excellent time to install cams. And since you already have a Stage I exhaust, you'll see the most gains from them. For a pretty mild investment, its a good improvement. I'd do it. Steger sells them, and thats who you'll want to get them from. DPI has their own, but only as a shop install, and the DMCEu ones (what I have) are a little more tuned for other modifications you wont be doing to the engine.

Keeping K-Jet will be fine, and I know quite a few tweaks you can do to get the most out of it.

Jim Reeve
DMC6960

DeloreanJoshQ
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Keeping K-Jet will be fine, and I know quite a few tweaks you can do to get the most out of it.

Jim Reeve
DMC6960

Please Share?

82DMC12
06-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Probably talking about the 'eliminating the lambda sensor' trick. There is a way to tune the system so that the O2 sensor isn't used anymore and it will run pretty well with no more seeking. I think Knut Grimsrud shared it on the DML years back. Probably not good for emissions for gas mileage, but it can be done and will yield some extra power.

Andy