PDA

View Full Version : DeLoreans on Display - AKA Museum DeLoreans

Dangermouse
06-03-2011, 09:36 AM
(This used to be in the Resources section of the old forum, but I see that that area is now just for technical resources, so I am not sure where to put this. Same question for when Shannon posts his VIN Chronology - can we have a non-technical resources section?)

Just in time for Vacation RoadTrips, here is the latest revision of the “DeLoreans On Display” a.k.a. Museum DeLoreans, a listing of places where you should be able to see a silver machine on display, whether you are travelling and need a DeLorean fix, or in your home town and need something to do.

As always, thanks for the tips from various owners. Equally as always, could use some help confirming whether some of the museums still have a car on display, and identifying the VINs, of others. Particular areas are those in WI and TN and the new one added in Nebraska

Tamir A.
06-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks for posting, we will address the Resources section to include non-technical things like this. :)

T.

Domi
06-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the list.

dvonk
06-04-2011, 07:29 AM
holy crap, a DeLorean in Nebraska!

//considers making the 2.5 hour drive just to see it...

Dangermouse
06-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Dvonk

I would suggest giving them a call before you would do that. I don't remember where I got the info from but I have a ? against it in my notes. I think it was on the old forum. I tried emailing them to confirm but did not get a response

dvonk
06-04-2011, 09:05 PM
haha, yeah i wouldve checked before randomly driving out there. :D im just glad there might be a DeLorean somewhere in the state. :lol:

jmettee
06-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I was just in Reno, NV last week & can confirm that the GOLD car, VIN 4300 is currently in the lobby of the museum. Very interesting to see this car & how the gold looks on the SS panels. (The museum itself has an AWESOME collection of really old cars back to 1890).

I know the other gold car is in possession of a private owner in La Vale, MD.

Karin
06-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Wow, only one car in the Texas list?

Rhsxo
06-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I can go check on the DeLorean at the Blackhawk Museum in California as I drive by it almost every week. The only problem is that they have 2 other storage facilities off site full of cars so it may or may not be in the museum at this time as they are always changing up the cars on display.

Dangermouse
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I was just in Reno, NV last week & can confirm that the GOLD car, VIN 4300 is currently in the lobby of the museum. Very interesting to see this car & how the gold looks on the SS panels. (The museum itself has an AWESOME collection of really old cars back to 1890).

I know the other gold car is in possession of a private owner in La Vale, MD.

I was last in Reno (with time to kill) about a month before I discovered that there was a gold D there :mad: Part of the reason of starting this list.

Wow, only one car in the Texas list?

Hard to believe, I know. The second gold car, 4301 had been there until it was moved to CA a few years ago. If you know of any more, let me know. (DMCH doesn't count 8) )

I can go check on the DeLorean at the Blackhawk Museum in California as I drive by it almost every week. The only problem is that they have 2 other storage facilities off site full of cars so it may or may not be in the museum at this time as they are always changing up the cars on display.

Please check if you can. A VIN number would be great. Even if you can confirm that they still have one in storage, that would be a partial confirmation.

Dracula
06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
I'll chek on the WI ones in a few weeks.

Dracula
06-26-2011, 07:24 PM
In regards to the one in WI at the Wisconsin Auto Museum in Hartford, here's a picture of the VIN plate.

I believe it's VIN 16873. It's a black interior AT car still sitting on NCTs.

DMC3165
06-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Back in the late 90's early 00's there was an 80's club called culture club in NYC. Hanging from the ceiling was a DeLorean supplied to them by PJ Grady. I don't know if it was a complete car or just a shell but the club had closed a while back so I never got to see it. However they are reopening soon and guess whats displayed prominently on their website:

http://www.cultureclub.com/

yellowmxwheels23
06-26-2011, 08:08 PM
A friend of mine that lives in Vegas sent me these pics the other night while she was at the Fremont Exp.15771578

john 05141
06-27-2011, 06:57 AM
The Delorean in "Autoworld" in Brussels is no longer there.
It was removed about 5 years ago and ended up outside in some field. Left to rot.
No one can tell for sure if it is still there or where it is. There were pictures of the car on the internet some time ago. Very sad. One day you're on display in a museum, the next, you're tossed away.

John

dvonk
06-27-2011, 07:43 AM
thats a damn shame... i hope someone rescues it.

Citizen
06-27-2011, 08:05 AM
I was surprised there wasn't one listed in Georgia. At one time along time ago, there was one at the small auto museum at Stone Mountain. I haven't been back to my folks home (Norcross) in a long time now, and I always wondered if the car was still there. There was also a Tucker there, and a corvair, I believe.

Anyway, I like your list. I've been wanting to assemble some sort of list like this, only for wrecked DeLoreans, so to add it to the chronology. That way, no one expends time & energy trying to track them down.

Anyone know of a way to find a list of known wrecked/burned/junked DeLo's?

Dangermouse
06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
I was surprised there wasn't one listed in Georgia. At one time along time ago, there was one at the small auto museum at Stone Mountain. I haven't been back to my folks home (Norcross) in a long time now, and I always wondered if the car was still there. There was also a Tucker there, and a corvair, I believe.

That one is gone. The museum closed a few years ago when the management of Stone Mountain Park went private

Hey, there are a few of us live or work in Norcross. say Hi, if you are ever back :)

Dangermouse
06-27-2011, 10:40 AM
In regards to the one in WI at the Wisconsin Auto Museum in Hartford, here's a picture of the VIN plate.

I believe it's VIN 16873. It's a black interior AT car still sitting on NCTs.

Thanks Chad

Back in the late 90's early 00's there was an 80's club called culture club in NYC. Hanging from the ceiling was a DeLorean supplied to them by PJ Grady. I don't know if it was a complete car or just a shell but the club had closed a while back so I never got to see it. However they are reopening soon and guess whats displayed prominently on their website:

http://www.cultureclub.com/

Are you volunteering to investigate :hihi2:

A friend of mine that lives in Vegas sent me these pics the other night while she was at the Fremont Exp.15771578
Is that on permenant display?

The Delorean in "Autoworld" in Brussels is no longer there.
It was removed about 5 years ago and ended up outside in some field. Left to rot.
No one can tell for sure if it is still there or where it is. There were pictures of the car on the internet some time ago. Very sad. One day you're on display in a museum, the next, you're tossed away.

John

That's a pity

DMC3165
06-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Are you volunteering to investigate :hihi2:

You Bet! :thumbup:

I love stuff like that. As soon as they're open, one Saturday night me and the wife will put on our best 80's wear, fire up the D and go check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=357042&l=4e15fea6ed&id=112572782148231

Look closely at what they're sitting on

Something's up with their website. Yesterday it was all 80's themed with the Delorean and PAC man. Today it's like when the old Dmctalk went down. Oh well guess we'll just have to wait and see.

dvonk
06-28-2011, 12:06 AM
I've been wanting to assemble some sort of list like this, only for wrecked DeLoreans, so to add it to the chronology. That way, no one expends time & energy trying to track them down.

Anyone know of a way to find a list of known wrecked/burned/junked DeLo's?

i know of a few, if you start compiling a list. there is also a website that has pictures & VINs of a few junkyard/parts car DeLoreans, but i cant seem to find it at the moment.

Citizen
06-28-2011, 07:40 PM
i know of a few, if you start compiling a list. there is also a website that has pictures & VINs of a few junkyard/parts car DeLoreans, but i cant seem to find it at the moment.

Yes. I will start the list of wrecked DeLo's now. And we could start with you, if that's ok. I'll take all the VIN numbers that you know of that are wrecked, and and the website of the junkyard/parts cars (when you find time). Thanks!

Thomas

Rich
05-12-2015, 09:47 PM
One California car to add to the list and one to possibly remove if I am looking at the current list, the redlined version linked in the first post.

First, a 1981 D is listed in the permanent collection of the California Auto Museum in Sacramento. Have not viewed it, so no detailed info.
http://www.calautomuseum.org
http://www.calautomuseum.org/exhibits-and-collections/current-vehicles/

Second, the DeLorean that once was in the Blackhawk Museum in Danville, Calif. seems to have moved on. I recall it being there perhaps 10-15 years ago. The collection was trimmed time ago and the second floor of the museum has been given over to non-automotive treasures.

They don't have room to show their entire collection. The last two times I've been there the docents told me they haven't got a DeLorean. Still, it's a lovely museum full of great classic cars even it it's now has one fewer...

Dangermouse
05-13-2015, 08:18 AM
Thanks Rich,

I have just added the Cali Auto Museum one. I need to contact the Blackhawk and get an update.

Please note that the main DeLoreans on Display thread is now here:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2973-DeLoreans-on-Display-%28AKA-Museum-DeLoreans%29