PDA

View Full Version : DCS 2012 Car Show Judge Volunteers... anyone interested?

Mike C.
12-29-2011, 09:20 PM
I have been trying to help Ken K. find some qualified judges for the car show during DCS 2012.

With the show being 6 months away, it is important to have the lineup secure for that event. Out of 6 needed, I currently have 3 judges CONFIRMED, 2 possibles, and an alternate confirmed.

I really need to get 3 more persons who are KNOWLEDGEABLE regarding DeLoreans, preferably someone who has experience judging cars, and would like to volunteer to help judge a field of approximately 75 cars. This is NOT for the concourse section!

I am attempting to secure the final 3 judging positions, and would like to secure 2 more backups in the event someone has to back out at the last minute.

This is a volunteer position, so knowing your time is being well spent helping Ken keep this car show running is it's own reward.

If you are interested in judging, please contact me via PM. I need people who are 100% definitely attending DCS ONLY! If you have doubts, do not volunteer! Please, only those that have a very strong (preferably technical) understanding of the cars.

thanks in advance!

- Mike

Iznodmad
12-30-2011, 09:26 AM
I have interest, but I like to enter my car(s) in the judging every DCS and that would be a conflict from an ethical standpoint. BTW, I thought Ken had a group of guys in Ohio that help him out (that don't own D's and are general judges at other car shows). Is FL too far for that normal group to go?

Mike C.
12-30-2011, 10:19 AM
I have interest, but I like to enter my car(s) in the judging every DCS and that would be a conflict from an ethical standpoint. BTW, I thought Ken had a group of guys in Ohio that help him out (that don't own D's and are general judges at other car shows). Is FL too far for that normal group to go?

You will not be judging your own vehicle. You can still enter it. Yes, normally Ken has a set of judges, but trying to keep more funds toward the show and not just on lodging and airfare for judges.

PlutonimicX
12-30-2011, 03:07 PM
I'll volunteer

Mike C.
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you very much John! I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

That makes 3 definite judges, and now I still need 2 back ups. If interested in being a back up, let me know!

-Mike

PlutonimicX
12-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Sounds good, I'll be sure to read it!

dhaney
01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
You will not be judging your own vehicle. You can still enter it. Yes, normally Ken has a set of judges, but trying to keep more funds toward the show and not just on lodging and airfare for judges.

It's still a conflict.... he may be the most honest person in the world... but if you are entered AND a judge... how can there be anything but a conflict one way or another there is self interest involved. Either you are judging your own car and possibly heaping underserved points on yourself OR judging someone else's car and possibly finding an excessive number of deductions.

Dan

Mike C.
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
It's still a conflict.... he may be the most honest person in the world... but if you are entered AND a judge... how can there be anything but a conflict one way or another there is self interest involved. Either you are judging your own car and possibly heaping underserved points on yourself OR judging someone else's car and possibly finding an excessive number of deductions.

Dan

The persons will not be judging the categories their car is entered. There are numerous classes which is why we need so many judges. We will not have people judging their category. Example, I would not have a concourse owner judging concourse cars, nor will someone in the 30k mile category be judging that group. We will have a list of all those who have their cars judged, which fields they will be in, and will assign the assignments accordingly. The judges will not be working alone. There will be multiple judges per category. The best will be chosen out of each class of participants, results will be checked over by Ken K.