PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Wanted: Radiator

stevedmc
01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Before I go and spend $269 +shipping for one of Hervey's radiators, I thought I would ask here if anyone has one for sale. As would be obvious on my other thread, I am trying to save money this year.

I noticed there are some used ones on eBay right now for $100 with free shipping but they look pretty rough. Does anyone else have one they want to get rid of?

rddmc
01-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't have a used radiator, but, FYI I sold an OEM radiator and three OEM fans to a member on this forum for $100 plus shipping about three years ago. I replaced them with John Hervey's radiator/fans combo and had no need for them. Every thing worked fine when removed from my car, which had about 18,000 miles on it at the time, but I just did not have confidence in the 30 year old radiator and fans. I had a spare OEM fan and included it in the sale.

I have been impressed at how quiet the new fans are and how little current they draw. Good luck in your search.

Rod

stevedmc
01-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I might just go ahead and see about getting the thing rebuilt. I'm looking for something semi new anyway (not 30 years old) and being that my current radiator is only a year old it might make better sense just to get it repaired.