PDA

View Full Version : General anyone get their flux capacitor yet?

John U
06-04-2011, 12:41 PM
just wondering if anyone got their order yet?

DeLorean03
06-04-2011, 03:09 PM
To what are you referring to? The one Diamond Select makes? Is there a new one that's been made? Did one of the vendors sell them? This seems like a very ambiguous question. My short answer: yes. People go nuts everytime they see it. Well worth the $250 to get rid of the "flux capacitor" question.

fnzen
06-04-2011, 04:34 PM
According to Sal email to me he is starting to ship next week

Notifier
06-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing you are talking about the flux storage doors? They are shipping out now.

John U
06-04-2011, 05:37 PM
yes, the storage doors....it's been a while, just wondering if anyone received anything yet

thanks
John

John U
06-09-2011, 04:29 PM
any updates???

fnzen
06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Not yet. James at DMCH got his a few days ago posted in dmchelp

Notifier
06-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Got mine yesterday, looks great! I will admit it was a long wait but well worth it. You can tell he took his time to build them right. Didn't just slap them together and send them out - really cared about the quality of the workmanship.

John U
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
can you post pics....I was supposed to be #2 in line....the wait is killing me!

SIMid
06-10-2011, 03:13 AM
I was supposed to be #2 in line....the wait is killing me!

...... and I'm THE very last customer. *LOL* Mine should get to me in 2015 for the BTTF celebrations then!

Notifier
06-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I requested one made without the keyhole, because I wanted to place it someplace else in the vehicle other than the storage door location:
The lights do run in sequence, just the way the photo came out looks like several of them are on at the same time.

Tamir A.
06-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Very cool stuff. Any chance there will be a second run of these made?

T.

Kukem
06-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I'd be interested even though I don't have a car yet.

Farrar
06-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Very cool stuff. Any chance there will be a second run of these made?

According to Sal, this is the second run -- the first was a year or two ago. So if he was willing to do it twice, maybe a third time is not out of the question. :)

I still haven't got mine, yet... :(

Farrar

John U
06-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I think he was overwhelmed by the orders....originally he had extimated 6week delivery...it's been 6 months now! Looks like a great quality product though and hopefully worth the wait....now if only those buttheads at Canada Post would get off the picket line so they could deliver mine!!!

DARCOM
06-27-2011, 02:31 AM
I can't wait to get mine in. The people asking at shows ,wheres my flux capacitor is killing me.:D

awildermode
06-27-2011, 09:57 AM
It is worth the wait. Plus, it is always nice getting something in the mail that you do not expect or forgot you had coming.

This thing is AWESOME! It is really well built. Even as a one off, this is amazing. Considering that he built a lot of them (no sure of the numbers), it makes it even more amazing...amazinger.

I recall there were problems with weather and moister levels (for paint) that he could not control. There were also parts that he needed to order, that may have delayed production. One guy is building all these after coming home from a full day at work and on weekends. Like others have said, he was overwhelmed with orders.

Factor in all that, six months is not too bad of a wait. You will not be disappointed.

Farrar
06-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Side note:

I lost Sal's e-mail address and am moving at the end of the month. Could someone please PM me his e-mail address so I can give him my new address? I'd hate for my in-joke to get lost in the mail...

Thanks!

Farrar

SIMid
06-27-2011, 06:28 PM
PM sent. :thumbup2:

Waiting for mine too ........... being the last order possibly. :sad30:

Nicholas R
06-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Anyone know whatever happened to the person that was making a flux capacitor that was built into a subwoofer box that had an 8" subwoofer on the side of the box? This is the flux capacitor I've always wanted.

jmrydholm
06-28-2011, 12:01 PM
I'd love one, but every time I think of buying it, I say to myself, "What else equals $250+ that I *need?" ie: seat covers, binnacle, body work, fascia paint, a truckload of asprin for the radiator hell I went through yesterday, etc. :)

Then I go on ebay and am tempted to build one myself. If I can build and stage computer hardware at work, I can make a F.C.

Farrar
06-28-2011, 06:46 PM
PM sent. :thumbup2:

Thanks! And as my luck would have it, naturally my flux door arrived the same day as I asked for the PM. :lol: My timing is excellent, as always...

Since I'm moving I just added the box it came in to all of the other stuff which is being transported to the new apartment. I will let y'all know how thrilled I am with it some time in July when I am unpacked. :)

Farrar

jmrydholm
06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I made a logo in photoshop, would be kinda cool to shrink down and put on a sticker on the outside of the flux box!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/ebondefender/JVC%20GR-CU/FluxInside.png

SIMid
06-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I made a logo in photoshop, would be kinda cool to shrink down and put on a sticker on the outside of the flux box!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/ebondefender/JVC%20GR-CU/FluxInside.png

*LOL*

I would add that to my rear quarter window. :tongue:

SIMid
06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks! And as my luck would have it, naturally my flux door arrived the same day as I asked for the PM. :lol: My timing is excellent, as always...

Send me a PM back, maybe mine will arrive as well. :hysterical:

I dont think it will happen. :thinkin:

ovrkil112
06-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I would like to get one of these.
Can someone post or email me this guy sal's email so i can get on one of these!
Tony at [email protected]

jmrydholm
06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
*LOL*

I would add that to my rear quarter window. :tongue:

Glad someone likes it lol, I should make one with a "Fusion Inside" logo. I did one on Black Mesa too, ala Half-Life. If I had a copy of CS5 at home and more time to mess with the image, I'd go for the nice 3d logo, like on the Core Duos or i-Cores.

Feel free to print it off and put it on the D! :D "Something inconspicuous!"

fnzen
07-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Got mine today!!!!!!

The quality is professional and well worth the wait, I think Im gonna velcro it to the rear shelf it fits there perfectly! Its too nice to hide behind the seat.

Thanks Sal aka steelwings you did a fantastic job!:thumbup2:

axh174
07-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Sounds good! I can't wait for mine to get here. :smile:

*atingle in anticipation*

sphiend
07-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Did not get my D until after orders closed. Emailed seller a month or so ago with no response. If anyone ever decides they would like to part with theirs, send me a PM.

Tamir A.
07-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd love to pick one of these up as well. Anyone have Sal's email please PM me or if someone wants to part with theirs, PM me as well.

Thanks,
T.

SIMid
07-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd love to pick one of these up as well. Anyone have Sal's email please PM me or if someone wants to part with theirs, PM me as well.

Thanks,
T.

PM sent with the email addy.

John U
07-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Still waiting............

SIMid
07-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm still waiting for mine. Emailed Sal, no response over the weekend. :(

Farrar
08-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Word to the wise: remove your F.C. cubby hole door when working in the car. I was replacing the trim piece above the parcel shelf today and hit the door with my knee. Result: broken F.C.. And I never got to point to it and say "It's right there, jackass," which is why I bought it. Dammit. :(

Farrar

SIMid
08-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Shite Farrar!! :( i havent even got mine yet and youve broken yrs! :(

Emailed Sal a few weeks ago, no response. :( i know they trickle out slowly from his production line.

John U
08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Got mine the other day....it is awesome!!!

Farrar
08-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Shite Farrar!! :( i havent even got mine yet and youve broken yrs! :(

Yeah, and my girlfriend said "You paid how much for that?" She doesn't appreciate handmade stuff sometimes... :rolleyes1:

If memory serves, Sal's at least partly dependent on weather conditions for his fiberglass fabrication since he makes them in his garage, so he can't make huge batches of them all at once. He is probably just sending them out as in "first come, first served" order.

I intend to repair mine by simply finding an appropriate-sized pane of Lexan and cutting it to fit. I can't engrave it like he did, but that's OK with me since it'll be sturdier. I can be a klutz sometimes...

Farrar

Farrar
09-29-2011, 09:00 PM
I intend to repair mine by simply finding an appropriate-sized pane of Lexan and cutting it to fit.

I finally got the Lexan and tried this tonight. The gasket material is extremely unfriendly to curves and I had to glue it on to the Lexan in order to fit the window. While installing the window, the frame came off the back of the unit. BE CAREFUL HOW YOU TREAT THIS PRODUCT! IT IS VERY FRAGILE! The frame is held on with four tiny nails; once it comes off, you will never get it back on again. I now have a useless flux prop. Learn your lesson from me and treat it with care -- don't put your knee on it! :(

Edit: Don't read between the lines here and think I am complaining about Sal's product. I'm not. Sal's product is fine. What I am saying is that I am a ham-fisted idiot. Thanks.

Farrar

The frame is held on with four tiny nails; once it comes off, you will never get it back on again.

Correction and happy news!!! If you have a strong enough light, you can see the tiny holes where the pins go. Carefully bend the pins into position if necessary, line everything up, and then push. I got this to work and added a little glue for reinforcement.

Yay! :D

Farrar

dvonk
09-30-2011, 01:01 AM
good job, Farrar! :thumbup: