PDA

View Full Version : Engine Size of Adaptor Screwed into Water Pump

lazabby
01-12-2012, 09:32 AM
The thermotime switch is screwed into an adaptor. That adaptor is screwed into the water pump per parts manual. What is the size of the thread of the adaptor? I'm looking at putting a sensor where the thermotime switch is and the thread of the sensor is larger than the thread of the thermotime switch so I'm wondering if it's the same size as the adaptor.

AdmiralSenn
01-12-2012, 10:12 PM
If I remember right it's something really screwy and uncommon (memory could be failing me here though). Most of us doing sensor installs have just tapped the other end for 3/8 NPT female, which is the standard GM size for Megasquirt installs. It's not like they're impossible to come by if you happen to mess it up.

lazabby
01-13-2012, 10:25 AM
If I remember right it's something really screwy and uncommon (memory could be failing me here though). Most of us doing sensor installs have just tapped the other end for 3/8 NPT female, which is the standard GM size for Megasquirt installs. It's not like they're impossible to come by if you happen to mess it up.

I think you're right in that I need a 3/8" female on one end. Do you remember what size the male end is? It should be whatever size the Thermotime switch is. It's smaller than 3/8". 1/4"?

AdmiralSenn
01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't. I want to say it was something really odd but I can't remember what it was. It was odd enough that I ended up just tapping the existing adapter rather than trying to duplicate it.