PDA

View Full Version : General Anyone know this car

Richard
06-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi,

Anyone out there know this car. Its been in California for the last 14 years that I can confirm. Thats when it passed its last emission check. Its meant to have been in a private collection. Any help appreciated.
VIN:SCEDT26T1BD002847
Licence plate: 3VZF084 (CA)

Anyone know where its from, I'm trying to confirm if its been used or running since 1997. If its been parked up that long I think I'm making a risky purchase.
Thanks
Richard

fnzen
06-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Reality is that it doesnt matter how long its been sitting its HOW it was sitting. (outside/inside, gas in tank without stabile additive, critters able top get to it, stuff like that)

I am not sure of your risk posture but you have not given any other physical appearane details about the car. If you plan on just turning the key if its been sitting for any amount of time be prepared to do some minimal maintenence.

Richard
06-06-2011, 02:06 AM
All I know is this car was in a wealthy mans collection and I would assume that would mean in good conditions and indoors, no mice or rodents of any kind. What I dont know is if it has been started and driven in the last 14 years or not. It had an emmision inspection in 1997 and has only travelled 52 miles since. Car has done 11170 miles now. It now in an exotic car sales yard in LA, they state they have serviced it and rebuilt the brakes and it runs and drives beautifully. Who knows!

Dangermouse
06-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Richard,

from your other thread

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?196-Help-required-in-California&highlight=flag

I see that Tamir has offered to test drive it for you. Take him up on his offer :wave: He knows his stuff. If the PO hadn't regularly run the engine over the last 14 years, someone has gone through it recently if it starts and drives at all.