PDA

View Full Version : Connect Thermotime Switch to MS?

lazabby
01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Since Megasquirt monitors water temperature, could the thermotime switch be used? Is the wiring from it compatable with the connection to the MS?

Bitsyncmaster
01-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Since Megasquirt monitors water temperature, could the thermotime switch be used? Is the wiring from it compatable with the connection to the MS?

No. It's an on off switch. You want a sensor that provides a variable resistance according to the temperature.

lazabby
01-14-2012, 01:01 PM
It was worth a try. Right now I plan to use that port for the water sensor. The sensor to be used is threaded larger than the thermotime switch. The TS is screwed into an adaptor that is screwed into the water pump. Unfortunately without unscrewing the adaptor I can't find out if the new sensor will fit.

opethmike
01-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Use a standard GM coolant temperature sensor. They do NOT fit into the stock adapter, but all you have to do is drill it out and tap it with new threads. I forget what size it needs to drill out to and what thread to tap it to, but that's easy enough to check with a pitch gauge.

Also, you can get the sensor and the wiring pig tail pretty cheaply from diyautotune.com. You'll find that you'll be able to get 85-90% of the stuff you need from them.

AdmiralSenn
01-14-2012, 06:46 PM
The standard GM sensors are 3/8 NPT. This is what most of us do, it's probably the easiest way to set up a water sensor.

Delorean Industries
01-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Pick up the eagle premier sensor and take the plug out of the front of your water pump and install there. This safely fits beneath your thermostat as well and has a gm water tight connector two pin pigtail already attached in aftermarket form.