PDA

View Full Version : BTTF Hotwheels

SIMid
06-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Anyone got any info on these? :confused:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WG-01AbP3Rw/TcQzqUwM5qI/AAAAAAAAHYQ/DIKx7fmAXnY/s1600/sdcc-back-to-the-future.jpg

awildermode
06-05-2011, 09:22 AM
San Diego Comic Con exclusive.

Will be sold there during the event for $35, any "leftovers" will be sold on Mattycollector.com. Like last year's Ecto-1, it will most likely sellout.

This is basically the same as the Mainline version, but with a metal chassis, way more decos and comes in a plasic case. Case is larger than Ecto-1, to make room for diorama. Clock tower backdrop, with car in front, and flames.

I have seen the pictures, and it looks awesome. Have not seen samples, yet.

SIMid
06-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Do you have a link to the pics?

I can only hope some will make it downunder ......... which they wont. Hell, we still haven't got the FTE and BTTF Hotwheels still! :angry:

awildermode
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Do you have a link to the pics?

I can only hope some will make it downunder ......... which they wont. Hell, we still haven't got the FTE and BTTF Hotwheels still! :angry:

I have the pictures, but they are for internal use only. I am not authorized to post them, yet. When they become available to the public, I will post a link and/or pictures. Should be soon, as Comic Con is in July.

Sorry, most of the the international markets are a little...okay, a lot... delayed in receiving their shipments. I would say the easiest and fastest way is to get them off of eBay. You might save a little money, and a lot of time that way.

If it makes you feel better, I have to get my own supply, just like everyone else. Sometimes, I have to go through eBay.

SIMid
06-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Oh well! Will check them out when they hit the internet then. :)

awildermode
06-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Just a little update. Samples of the car just came in. While there are some things that I would change/add, overall I am very happy with it.

I am sure some will complain about certain details that were omitted and/or 'could have been better'.

Michael
06-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I just bought one off ebay yesterday. It was 43.00 plus 7 shipping. Considering its normally 35.00, I think I did ok.

SIMid
06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Hmmm .... I would need to see it first before buying. But then, I'll probably be too late and miss the boat. :(

Michael
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Hmmm .... I would need to see it first before buying. But then, I'll probably be too late and miss the boat. :(

I kinda took AWilder's word for it. If the display is as inovative as the case, I will be happy.

awildermode
06-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I kinda took AWilder's word for it. If the display is as inovative as the case, I will be happy.

Take my word for it...;)

If you really want this, and you are unable to attend Comic Con, it might not be a bad idea to "pre-order" from eBay. There are a limited number of these, and will sell out at Comic Con.

$50 is not bad considering the admission price, the time one has to wait in line, buying it, hauling it (and other stuff) around, and shipping it. Last year's Ecto-1 sold for $20 (I think) at Comic Con and were going for about $50 at the Hot Wheels Convention and eBay.

Just make sure it is a reliable seller and you do not get hosed on the deal. No one has these right now, they are either still in Asia or in transit to the US. Heck, I have not seen samples of the complete package, yet...just pictures.

I am not trying to hype the sales, but Comic Con Exclusives are very hard to get if you are not there. I will not be in San Diego this year (though I should), so I have to somehow hunt down some samples for myself...I might have to go through eBay or Hot Wheel Convention.

Michael
06-09-2011, 08:07 AM
His feedback was like 1,300 positive, and apparently he sells a lot of these CC items. The only thing is I wont get it until the end of July, and by then I will have forgot about it. So one day a package will be at my door and I will have a nice suprise when I open it.

vwdmc16
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
i found two bttf1 cars at walmart, the paint detail is poor, a small black paint finger print on the hood of one that im rubbing off. but they make great keychains!

awildermode
06-13-2011, 01:14 PM
I just saw a sample of the final product. It is AWESOME!

Again, there are things that some will have a problem with. One thing I see, the car is a little too dark. The backdrop scene is at night, so I guess that kinda works. :p

Overall, I think it is worth the $35 (or $50) it is priced at. I am really excited about this, I hope you and everyone likes it.

maragni1985
06-19-2011, 07:39 AM
is it a 1:24 scale?

Michael
06-19-2011, 06:11 PM
is it a 1:24 scale?

No, as I understood it to be, it will be the same size as the Hot Wheels car...maybe something like 1/87

Mike C.
06-20-2011, 08:01 AM
So there is only 1 hotwheels bttf car in this thing?

Michael
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Hmmmm, maybe I should keep quiet. To be honest I really have no idea what to expect. Maybe it is a big car after all, like 1/43 scale?

Mike C.
06-20-2011, 01:30 PM
If you find out, let me know. If it's just one hotwheels car, im canceling my order

awildermode
06-20-2011, 04:08 PM
If you find out, let me know. If it's just one hotwheels car, im canceling my order

Cancel your order. It is one 1/64 Hot Wheels car.

See my posts in this thread for details, let me know if you need more info.

Mike C.
06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
I saw where you were describing the paint and whatnot. Thanks for the info!!

jmrydholm
06-22-2011, 03:23 PM
I kind of hated what Hot Wheels did to the toy car's wheels. They look more like chrome rims I see when driving around downtown Kansas City.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BXiLAmoEpMI/SxdBliZ_6eI/AAAAAAAAFKk/eKT8QjW68w4/s320/Hotwheels+Delorean+5.jpg

Massive difference:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/Spideristic/BTTF%20Misc/Hot_Wheels_Japan_1_64_BTTF2_DeLorean.png

I like the latter one better! Apparently, that is the Japanese 1:64 Hot Wheels BTTF 2 DeLorean. I wish they would make a plain D with the lower car's wheels in the US.

yellowmxwheels23
06-23-2011, 10:38 AM
One of my friends Dad is on the Comic Con board and he is going to grab one of these for me. I told him I would take Stay Puft too.

SIMid
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I kind of hated what Hot Wheels did to the toy car's wheels. They look more like chrome rims I see when driving around downtown Kansas City.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BXiLAmoEpMI/SxdBliZ_6eI/AAAAAAAAFKk/eKT8QjW68w4/s320/Hotwheels+Delorean+5.jpg

Massive difference:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/Spideristic/BTTF%20Misc/Hot_Wheels_Japan_1_64_BTTF2_DeLorean.png

I like the latter one better! Apparently, that is the Japanese 1:64 Hot Wheels BTTF 2 DeLorean. I wish they would make a plain D with the lower car's wheels in the US.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just release these ones (Jap mould) again. Looks sooo much better than the current BTTF Hotwheels. Unless ........ this LE ones are from this mould!

Kukem
06-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I may have to look into one of those Japanese BTTF cars. I really like that.

jmrydholm
06-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Darn, my link died. (Photobucket bandwidth exceeded!) I probably should've used my own photobucket. Check this one out on ebay, $99.00?? I could buy a Marty denim jacket replica for that much. Or more. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-WHEELS-BACK-FUTURE-1-DeLOREAN-JAPAN-/190497451389?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2c5a886d7d

awildermode
07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Images of what is in the box can be found here:

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Library/ImageViewer/?source=sneaks&nid=null&cid=null&smid=null&ContentType=SneakPeek-RLC&sid=3252

Michael
07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe someone can upload the pics here so I don't have to register...actually I tried to register, but the site is down.

awildermode
07-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Sorry, did not realize it was RLC Members only.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/awildermode/front.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/awildermode/back.jpg

If you need more info, let me know. Thanks.

Let the complaints begin...

SIMid
07-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Thats pretty neat! :) needs the antenna going into the flux capacitor though. Still think they should had used the Jap mould or even those wheels. These wheels look very similar to the JL version.

awildermode
07-02-2011, 11:31 AM
This is going to be long....

As far as I know, Mattel does not own the molds to the Japanese versions. I think Bandai owns them, if they even exist anymore. Bandai used to distribute toys for Mattel in Japan, in return Mattel used to distribute toys for Bandai in North America. This may be the reason why I could not find information on the Japanese cars, as it was not done be Mattel (US).

The Japanese versions were done over ten years ago under way different circumstances. It was a very limited edition release in an exclusive market. In addition, it retailed for about $10 at the time of release. The entire line of cars was designed and marketed as a collector's line, for a one time release. The contract they had the the licensors was very different because of the time, market, distribution, etc. This is why they could afford custom wheels.

The Hot Wheels version is mass distribution and retails for about $1 (more in foreign markets). Cost alone limits certain features in order to maintain a line of toys that has been around for over 40 years. Wheels for example in the Hot Wheels line are constantly 'reused' in order to offset costs. Again, the wheels in the SDCC version are not custom. But, like they are the nearest match to the stock DMC wheels in Real Riders that is available. Just as the Multi-Spoke wheel was the nearest match for the Basic line. Making custom wheels for each car that Hot Wheels does per year would not be cost effective.

----

As I have stated, I have some minor issues with the SDCC version. One is the background. The car never drove pass the front of the clock tower, should be from the side. And, you are right...there should be a lightning rod. But.....

The car was designed to be the first version of the Time Machine as you see it in the movie, the mall scene in 1985. It is my favourite version and as far as I know the only version that had not been done at this scale. Take a closer look at the Japanese version, you can see the lightning rod attachment in the back, just in front of the fusion reactor.

The outside box makes sense with it being the plutonium case. Therefore, it should run on plutonium and the only time it ran on plutonium is in 1985. If it was my choice, the backdrop would be of the mall. This would match the box and the car. Since the clock tower scene was the most iconic from the movie, it was chosen.

Hope that answers some questions.

SIMid
07-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Excellent explanations and reasons behind it all. Obviously we all want the perfect product. But thats all about collecting at the end of the day. Ive preordered mine online now and cant wait to get it. :) anything Delorean or BTTF related, im a sucker for it. *L*

I hope Mattel release the flying version next, cant wait to hang it off my rear view mirror..… maybe not! :p

uhhair
07-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Excellent explanations and reasons behind it all. Obviously we all want the perfect product. But thats all about collecting at the end of the day. Ive preordered mine online now and cant wait to get it. :) anything Delorean or BTTF related, im a sucker for it. *L*

I hope Mattel release the flying version next, cant wait to hang it off my rear view mirror..… maybe not! :p

Where can you preorder these from, besides ebay, or is that the only place?

SIMid
07-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Where can you preorder these from, besides ebay, or is that the only place?

Unfortunately Ebay was the only option for me as I don't live in the US. Unless someone here can steer you to someone who can help you.

jmrydholm
07-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately Ebay was the only option for me as I don't live in the US. Unless someone here can steer you to someone who can help you.

I'll take one only if it comes with the Franken Berry and Voltron in the background.

awildermode
07-09-2011, 12:03 AM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/awildermode/BTTF-b3q1.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/awildermode/BTTF-f3q1.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/awildermode/BTTF-f3q2.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/awildermode/BTTF-b3q2.jpg

1Mcfly4u
07-24-2011, 03:14 AM
So waiting to see Captain America tonight I decided to go to the Kroger next door to the theater, it was a great choice! I got 24 cars out of the bin, i wanna say 15 BTTF's and 9 side stripes.

SIMid
07-24-2011, 04:30 AM
These seem to be super rare here in Melbourne. Only found a handfull of both versions at 7 major locations.

Mark D
07-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Anybody here make it to comic con? Hotwheels used our BTTF converted delorean at their booth display to help promote the limited edition toys.

They sold out of their quantities each day by an hour or so into the show.

yellowmxwheels23
08-02-2011, 04:32 PM
got my SDCC version yesterday. I kinda forgot about it and one of my friends showed up at my house and gave it to me. Still sitting in its brown outerbox.