PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Successfully Submit An Entry For DMC's "Drive into the Future Sweepstakes?"

DeloreanJoshQ
01-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Poll: Have you been able to successfully submit an entry for DMC's "Drive into the Future Sweepstakes", which is on both the Delorean Motor Company and Reliant Energy Retail Services, LLC Facebook page?

It ends January 31st....

I have been unsuccessful both on my desktop, my wife's and a friend's iphone, have asked the question on the DMC facebook page on January 10th, and by email to DMC Jan 19th, but haven't received a response.

Here is what the page looks like when I try to find the entry form:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/jaq78/dmcsweepstakes.jpg

At the bottom of the page, there is a window that I believe would be the entry form and it says, "Navigation to the Webpage Was Cancelled"

Here is what the sweepstakes entails....

PRIZES:
There will be a total of one (1) prize awarded which includes:
i. A weekend for two (2) in Houston, TX sometime between March 1, 2012 – June 1, 2012 including; (a) two (2) round-trip coach airline tickets from airport closest to Winner’s home town, as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsors; (b) two (2) nights hotel accommodations in Houston, TX – double occupancy; (c) local ground transportation in Houston, TX (travel, accommodations and local ground transportation will be provided at the discretion of Sponsors as described below);
ii. .A test drive of the DeLorean Electric Vehicle prototype DMCev, with a representative of DMC who will explain the technology of the prototype and a private tour of the DeLorean Motor Company facility in Humble, TX.;
iii. An approximate one (1) hour tour of the Reliant Smart House located at near downtown Houston that minimally includes an overview of smart energy, home automation, smart appliances, and residential solar;
iv. A visit to an eVgo Electric Vehicle charging station in Houston, TX.
v. $500 in cash spending money
The total value of this prize as received by the Winner shall be not be more than $4,950.00 (ARV). Airfare will only be provided if the Winner lives outside 250 miles of Houston, TX. If the Winner lives within a 250 mile radius of Houston, TX, Sponsor reserves the right to supply alternate transportation in their sole discretion with no further obligation to the Winner. The value of the Prize depends on Winner’s place of residence and cost and availability of airfare and hotel at time of booking and travel and may be substantially higher or lower than the stated ARV. The Sponsor will specify trip dates. Dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner agrees that they undertake the trip at their own risk, and must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or Passport) prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes. ARV for the Prize may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. Individuals will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the prize ARV in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route and select hotels in its sole discretion. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles.
No cash substitutions for prizes will be permitted and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable, except at sole discretion of Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners are solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, taxes, and/or any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only.

Here are the rules:
TO ENTER: By entering the Sweepstakes entrant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Only one entry per household is allowed and duplicate entries will be discarded. You may enter in one of the following ways.
a. Online
To enter online, visit the NRG Energy, Inc. facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/NRG-Energy/68784278588, the Reliant Energy Retail Services, LLC facebook page at www.facebook.com/ReliantEnergy, the NRG EV Services LLC facebook page at www.facebook.com/evgonetwork, OR the DeLorean Motor Company facebook page at www.facebook.com/deloreanmotorcompany (“Website”) starting 12:30:01 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) 1/10/12 through 11:59:59 p.m. PST 1/31/12 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and follow the onscreen instructions to sign in and complete the entry form. Complete of the online entry form within the Sweepstakes Period will automatically enter you in the Sweepstakes.
b. On-Site at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas
To enter onsite, pick-up and complete an entry form at the NRG Exhibit Booth located in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center during open exhibit hours (January 10, 2012 from 12:30p – 6p PST, January 11 and 12, 2012 from 9a – 6p PST and January 13 from 9a – 4p PST) and deposit in the Sweepstakes Entry Form drop box located in the exhibit booth. Each completed entry form validly submitted on-site will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes.
c. Entry by Mail
To enter by mail, print your full name, address (including zip code), daytime phone number (including area code), and email on a 3” x 5” card and mail (with proper postage affixed) to Drive Into the Future Sweepstakes PO Box 23426, San Diego, CA 92193. Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2012 and received by February 10, 2012 to be eligible.

The only way that I would be able to enter is by mail if I choose.

Josh Q

ccurzio
01-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Not really sure this needed a forum thread...

In any case, I just tested it on my iPad via Safari and the form works fine for me. If you've done any customizations to your browser to block Facebook apps, that could be interfering with your ability to see the frame.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, it does not work with Firefox on my iMac, but it works fine with Safari. I think I may see why - the sweepstakes form is not part of any Facebook app. It's sourced from here:

http://fangatemedia.com/p/nrg-ces-2012/219&modules=512&disable_footer=1

DeloreanJoshQ
01-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Not really sure this needed a forum thread...

In any case, I just tested it on my iPad via Safari and the form works fine for me. If you've done any customizations to your browser to block Facebook apps, that could be interfering with your ability to see the frame.

how do i check that?

ccurzio
01-22-2012, 11:00 AM
So after running through some debugging, it looks like when you go to the sweepstakes entry page, the fangatemedia.com page IS loading (at least in Firefox), but for whatever reason it isn't being displayed. I think Firefox is interpreting the CSS in a different way (which is why it loads the page but doesn't display it, instead cutting off the entire page after the "Prize Eligibility" section), but that doesn't explain why your browser - which I assume is IE - is not loading the page at all.

I'm still looking into it.

ccurzio
01-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Well, I've figured out the big problem. Whoever developed this application doesn't know what the hell they're doing - namely, why you need to test on more than one or two kinds of browsers. (I'm betting it was developed and tested with Safari and/or Chrome, and nothing else.) The problem preventing the form from displaying on Mozilla-based browsers is due to the overflow property. The developer of this thing set that property to "hidden"; setting it to "scroll" fixes the problem entirely, at least on Firefox. Ideally it should have been developed completely differently from the get-go, but that at least demonstrates the issue.

Here's a workaround you should be able to use in the meantime, using any browser at all. Go here:

https://fangatemedia.com/p/29/233?tab=1&product=custom-page

Click the yellow "Click to Win" thing. That should bring you straight to the form. Fill out and enjoy.

Then find the developer of this ridiculous application and smack them in the face with a cast iron skillet.

DeloreanJoshQ
01-22-2012, 11:13 AM
I am using internet explorer.

Also, on my wife's iphone 4S, I click on Safari, log into Facebook, go to Delorean Motor Company facebook page, clickon the Delorean Motor Company| Give & Win link, it attempts to load, but gets nowhere......? I just tried it again....

DeloreanJoshQ
01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Well, I've figured out the big problem. Whoever developed this application doesn't know what the hell they're doing - namely, why you need to test on more than one or two kinds of browsers. (I'm betting it was developed and tested with Safari and/or Chrome, and nothing else.) The problem preventing the form from displaying on Mozilla-based browsers is due to the overflow property. The developer of this thing set that property to "hidden"; setting it to "scroll" fixes the problem entirely, at least on Firefox.

Here's a workaround you should be able to use in the meantime, using any browser at all. Go here:

https://fangatemedia.com/p/29/233?tab=1&product=custom-page

Click the yellow "Click to Win" thing. That should bring you straight to the form. Fill out and enjoy.

Then find the developer of this ridiculous application and smack them in the face with a cast iron skillet.

I just tried the link you sent, it does take me to the same page as on facebook, but I get the exact same result.....so what kind of software/browser do I need to get this to work?

ccurzio
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I just tried the link you sent, it does take me to the same page as on facebook, but I get the exact same result.....so what kind of software/browser do I need to get this to work?

Holy God I hate incompetent web application developers.

Go here instead then. You won't get any pretty graphics but you can still enter the sweepstakes.

https://fangatemedia.com/p/nrg-ces-2012/219&modules=512&disable_footer=1

I've got to say though, for your part this seems like an awful lot of work just to win a test drive. *shrug*

DeloreanJoshQ
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Go here instead then. You won't get any pretty graphics but you can still enter the sweepstakes.

https://fangatemedia.com/p/nrg-ces-2012/219&modules=512&disable_footer=1

I've got to say though, for your part this seems like an awful lot of work just to win a test drive. *shrug*

It works! Thanks so much for going out of your way(well beyond the call of duty) to make it work for the rest of us!

I can understand your point on what is at stake if one would win. But, I would love to see DMC Houston, meet and talk with James and Stephen, and also use the spending cash towards parts.

Thanks again!!

Ron
01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
If ya think anyone but cousin Alice is going to win this..........

ccurzio
01-22-2012, 12:49 PM
It works! Thanks so much for going out of your way(well beyond the call of duty) to make it work for the rest of us!

I can understand your point on what is at stake if one would win. But, I would love to see DMC Houston, meet and talk with James and Stephen, and also use the spending cash towards parts.

Thanks again!!

No worries, glad to help. A big part of my job in network security is web application security, so web development and troubleshooting ability is a natural by-product. I enjoy it, even though it evolves a hatred of the idiots that keep my job a necessity. :)

DeloreanJoshQ
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Anyone know who won this sweepstakes??