PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 29 get-together

Farrar
01-23-2012, 11:44 AM
We've scheduled a get-together in the Mandeville/Covington area for Sunday, Jan. 29 starting at 10am. We will be doing torsion bar adjustments on at least one car, plus an evaporator replacement (and whatever else we have time for)!

I will bring my camera so watch this space for pictures.

Farrar

leroyvette
01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Can you email me details of the 1/29 get together---I am interested in the tech sessions ---might be able to attend.
[email protected]

Farrar
01-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Sure thing, Leroy! I will re-send the information and add you to the e-mail group. :)

Farrar

Farrar
01-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Two days to go! Is everybody excited yet? :)

Leroy can't make it, but it looks like we will have six owners in attendance. I intend to bring my camera and tripod so that we can, at Leroy's request, video-record a torsion bar adjustment. Most folks will be showing up around 10-11am, one won't be able to make it until 1pm, and one (me) will have to leave around 2pm.

See y'all Sunday! :)

sdg3205
01-28-2012, 07:56 PM
A whole evaporator replacement in one day?! Bold!

jawn101
01-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Can't wait to see that torsion bar video, Farrar!

Have fun guys! I hope to set up a tech day here soon too.

Farrar
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
A whole evaporator replacement in one day?! Bold!

Well, as it turns out, the band I'm in is rehearsing at 3pm tomorrow, so we will not be replacing my evaporator. We will, however, be able to adjust the torsion bars on my car, and a few other odds and ends for the others as well. I think there's at least one owner replacing his dome light.....

Farrar

stevedmc
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Man today was a good day. Its always great to see everybody and even better when their is Cheerwine involved.

Farrar
01-29-2012, 11:10 PM
My car must have really wanted to go to and get its doors fixed today, because I just went outside to try to move it, and it won't idle at all. One push of the gas pedal, and it died and won't re-start. :lol:

Anyway, I got a few pictures and will put them on the GCD website soon. The torsion bar adjustment videos (part 1 and 2) are HUGE and will take me a long time to edit here on my slow computer. But I do plan on putting them on YouTube as soon as I can.

Thanks everybody for helping us set an attendance record! I hope you all enjoyed some Cheerwine! :)

Best,
Farrar

Farrar
01-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Here are some photos from yesterday that Fred e-mailed to me. Larger resolution photos will be posted on the GCD website a little later this week.

sean
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Wow, looks like you guys had perfect weather!

stevedmc
01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Wow, looks like you guys had perfect weather!

The Cheerwine was pretty good too.

sean
01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
The Cheerwine was pretty good too.

best from a glass bottle.

Farrar
01-30-2012, 12:06 PM
It's been unusually warm so far this winter. The animals and plants think it's Spring already -- I had to wipe a bunch of oak pollen off of my car before I hit the road. Yesterday it got up to about 80 degrees -- just warm enough to be uncomfortable in the sun and start sweating while adjusting torsion bars. :lol:

There's a place to get Cheerwine in glass bottles across Lake Ponchartrain from where I live. It's a bit far to travel, especially considering that it's $1 a bottle there and back in Charlotte I can get a two-liter bottle for less than twice that with my Harris-Teeter "Very Important Customer" card. :) Yeah, it's a plastic bottle, but I pour it over ice in a glass and it tastes good to me. :)

Iznodmad
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
best from a glass bottle.

Absolutely, I purchase it by the case in glass bottles. That's b/c it is made with pure sugar cane in the glass and not HFCS like the plastic bottles. Just isn't the same it plastic, but packaged in plastic is better than nothing. It tastes really good from a soad fountain too, but I have a feeling that is totally unavailable in GA and LA.

Farrar
01-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Absolutely, I purchase it by the case in glass bottles. That's b/c it is made with pure sugar cane in the glass and not HFCS like the plastic bottles.

Wow, good to know! I will have to pick up a few the next time we're at the Cracker Barrel in Slidell.

There's a local Lebanese restaurant here which sells "Mexican Coke," Coca-Cola in glass bottles made with sugar instead of HFCS. You can get it there year-round. Or you can go to the Kosher Cajun around Passover time and get "Kosher for Passover Coke," which is made with cane sugar since you can't eat corn during Passover if you're keeping kosher.

sean
01-30-2012, 12:19 PM
It's been unusually warm so far this winter.
Same here, things are begining to bloom already

It tastes really good from a soad fountain too, but I have a feeling that is totally unavailable in GA and LA.

Jealous!! We can get glass bottles here but no way we can get fountain :-(

DeMopar
01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Maybe we could make Cheerwine the official beverage of Delorean gatherings!

Dangermouse
01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Wait, I thought Diet Cheerwine was the Official Beverage

sean
01-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Maybe we could make Cheerwine the official beverage of Delorean gatherings!
I'd vote for it.

Wait, I thought Diet Cheerwine was the Official Beverage
Blasphemy!

Farrar
01-31-2012, 11:51 AM
The GCD website has now been updated with photos from Jan. 29. If anyone has any more, send 'em my way and I will put them up, too. :)

Kenny_Z
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
One day I do plan to attend one of these. It looks like a good time with some cool cars. What's the blue muscle car in the garage?

Farrar
01-31-2012, 12:20 PM
What's the blue muscle car in the garage?

'71 Dodge Challenger convertible.

sean
01-31-2012, 12:30 PM
I as hoping for a few more pics :-/

stevedmc
01-31-2012, 08:14 PM
I as hoping for a few more pics :-/

At least you can see my Spec .01 exhaust in one of the pics.