PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Pj grady lowering springs vs. Eibach

TemporalFX
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Someone told me yesterday that PJ Grady's lowering springs were LOWER than Eibach. I always thought the opposite was true so I figured I'd ask you guys. Thoughts?

1batt4u
06-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I am curious also, I will need some soon!!!

Jeremy Popp
06-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Based on all the examples of both I have seen, Eibach have always been lower.

thegovernor9912
06-06-2011, 06:54 PM
The eibachs sit lower, i have them on my car and my friend has Grady's, mine is lower.

DMCFL Tony
06-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Until now the Eibach kit had height adjustable rear coilovers and fixed fronts.

The *NEW* Eibach kit has rear and front height adjustable coilovers.

So you can make it as low as you like :)

Tony

stevedmc
06-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Until now the Eibach kit had height adjustable rear coilovers and fixed fronts.

The *NEW* Eibach kit has rear and front height adjustable coilovers.

So you can make it as low as you like :)

Tony

I am a little confused. I have been running Eibach springs in the front with Spax shocks for over a year. Spax rear shocks allow you to adjust the height but the front shocks do not. Is something different about the DMCH Spax shocks that allows this in the front? I thought they were just normal Spax shocks with black paint.

Renee_1632
06-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I was mildly considering lowering the car, but since I live in a hilly area, I'm concerned about scraping the ground. How much do the kits lower the car?

Grover
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I have Rob Grady's springs and love them. It lowers the front to be even, if not slightly lower, than the rear of the car. (wheel well arch measurement).

louielouie2000
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I was mildly considering lowering the car, but since I live in a hilly area, I'm concerned about scraping the ground. How much do the kits lower the car?

I believe the Grady front springs lower the front about 1.5" & the Eibach's lower the front roughly 2". The Eibach kit also lowers the rear of the car, which I think is unnecessary & further degrades the drivability of the cars in very hilly areas.

DMCFL Tony
06-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Correction:

My mistake, the fronts have a dampener adjustment not height.

Since I wanted it to be that way when I was told "adjustable" I assumed height.

Sorry for any confusion.

Tony

Farrar
06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
FWIW, here's my car with Eibachs installed on front and rear. I think they nailed the height with this setup.

Farrar

john 05141
06-24-2011, 07:10 AM
I have a lowered front since I got my car.
But besides the looks, does it feel different to drive, or are there other advantages?

John

82DMC12
06-24-2011, 07:34 AM
But besides the looks, does it feel different to drive, or are there other advantages?

John

You will quickly learn to take driveways at a diagonal angle and you will learn to go slowly over speedbumps :-)

Andy

DMCMW Dave
06-24-2011, 11:45 AM

John

If you are observant, you'll notice that the front bump-steer is greatly reduced.

thegovernor9912
06-24-2011, 06:39 PM
I think it feels better on the highway as well.

Cornering stability will also improve but you may notice a little more NVH

Trstno1
08-18-2015, 02:33 PM
I have Rob Grady's springs and love them. It lowers the front to be even, if not slightly lower, than the rear of the car. (wheel well arch measurement).

Might you be able to post a pic of your cars stance? I'm thinking about installing pj Grady lowering springs on the front and leaving the back stock.

Freaky Beetle
08-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Here is my car with the PJ Grady spring on the front:

Trstno1
08-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Here is my car with the PJ Grady spring on the front:

Sweet! How do you like them? It's hard to tell from the pics, but does your car have a minor rake from front to back?

Freaky Beetle
08-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Sweet! How do you like them? It's hard to tell from the pics, but does your car have a minor rake from front to back?

I have had them for over 12 years now and love them. It is fairly level for the most part. It may have a slight rake down toward the front, but not much (unless I fill the trunk with something heavy). I would like to go lower, but I would need a full coil-over set to accomplish what I am going for.