PDA

View Full Version : San Fran Classic Car laws?

rundmc
01-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey all,

If I were to move to San Fran, what would they require of my DeLorean for it to be legally registered?

Just curious - thanks.

Michael

DavidProehl
01-24-2012, 06:28 PM
+1

I'm moving to Lodi, CA in 5 weeks, I'm a little concerned about passing an emissions test. Wish I could just keep my MN plates. Curious what else I should be worried about.

jawn101
01-24-2012, 11:11 PM
+1

I'm moving to Lodi, CA in 5 weeks, I'm a little concerned about passing an emissions test. Wish I could just keep my MN plates. Curious what else I should be worried about.

Hey David - shoot me a PM! I'm not that far from Lodi. We have a lot of us up here actually.

Emissions may not apply in your county more than once. You may have to smog at import and then never again. I don't know for sure in Lodi. Solano county makes us smog bi-yearly. No other major pitfalls... Registration, etc.. Based on the cars value which as far as I can tell is arbitrary and determined by the DMV. You should be fine as long as she's running well!

dmc3130
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Ditto....As long as all is hooked up and working you should be good. Look forward to having another "D" up here.