PDA

View Full Version : We want your DeLorean

tclark
01-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Last year we had 3 DeLorean's attend. We would really like to see them again. This exotic car show benefit's a super worthy no-kill animal rescue. Please take a look at the website: http://www.coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

If you go to the website and click on the 2011 pictures, you'll see them as well as other cars that attended.

Thanks for your consideration and participation.

Tom Clark

Michael
01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
You are hitting me close to the heart with your cause, I love animals, and no-kill shelters even more. I hope you guys have a great turnout!

dvonk
01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
You are hitting me close to the heart with your cause, I love animals, and no-kill shelters even more. I hope you guys have a great turnout!

+1, great cause, and good luck! :smile:

Mike C.
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Man, if i were in TN, i'd be there in a heartbeat. Love animal causes.

Michael
01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Man, if i were in TN, i'd be there in a heartbeat. Love animal causes.

161 Museum Drive, Hershey PA...or did I miss something?

stevedmc
01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
I am planning to cruise out to the east coast this fall, but this car show really has me tempted to go in April. Its only about 20 hours from my house to Hershey.

tyb323
01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Me and a few friends were there last year with the cars, although I had left my car at home. Planning on bringing it out this time though, so if we all show up again, you'll have at least one more!

jmettee
01-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Here's video of many of the cars as they left the show last year. We 3 Deloreans were obviously the "riff-raff" of the show being the cheapest/slowest cars there, but still a nice event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM7gu4aiDo0

protodelorean
01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Kinda fun to see this on the website:

"Cars eligible for registration include Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Lotus, McLaren, Spyker, Tesla, Bugatti, Jaguar, Viper, Audi R8, Porsche, Nissan Skyline and GTR, Acura NSX, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, TVR, Corvette, DeLorean, Cobra, Ford GT, Alfa Romeo, DeTomaso, Morgan, Noble, Rossion, Mercedes McLaren, Mercedes SLS."

:mecry: Our little cars are moving up in the word.

tclark
01-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Guys, DeLorean's are more than welcome. I definitely consider them exotic. I see many, many more Ferrari's and Lamborghinis per year than DeLorean's. And as far as speed goes, it's all relative. There are MANY Ferrari's that are considerably slower than a modern minivan. Today the DeLorean is a huge treat to see. I was happy that we had three last year, and I received a ton of comments about making sure the DeLorean guys were there again. So that's what I'm doing. Bring 'em on! We're all car guys.

Mike C.
01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
161 Museum Drive, Hershey PA...or did I miss something?

Should have read "weren't in TN that week. "

tclark
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Shameless bump for an incredibly worthy cause. Gentlemen, if you are thinking about attending, please register. The more early registrants we get, the more "clout" we have when trying to obtain sponsors. Thankyou for your consideration.

http://www.coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

tclark
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Just a quick reminder about this very worthy event. There's just over 3 weeks left to register. Also, for you racing enthusiasts, we have a real Formula 1 car attending. It's a 2003 Jordan. Check it out here: http://www.coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

Two DeLorean's are registered so far!!!!

Jimmyvonviggle
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Here's video of many of the cars as they left the show last year. We 3 Deloreans were obviously the "riff-raff" of the show being the cheapest/slowest cars there, but still a nice event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM7gu4aiDo0

Who stuck that Fiero in there?

tclark
03-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Only 3 weeks left to register. There are 2 DeLorean's signed up so far. Anyone else?

stevedmc
03-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Only 3 weeks left to register.

I have a feeling I wouldn't be turned away if I just randomly showed up.

tclark
03-26-2012, 08:18 AM
I have a feeling I wouldn't be turned away if I just randomly showed up.

You are correct, you probably would not be turned away. The problem that exists with simply showing up is that we have to lay out the show field in advance, and obviously it helps to know how many cars there will be in each category. Additionally, the advanced registration allows us to more accurately plan for food requirements as well as the number of museum passes that we need to buy. But by all means, please try to make the trip. You would surely be traveling the greatest distance.

tclark
04-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to those who have registered so far. And of course, there's always room for more! There is a caravan coming up from Virginia which will have several stops along the way to pick up people from various locations. Some of you guys from the south may wish to join in at one of the locations. I have copied this information from another site. It includes where and what times the caravan will be stopping:

CRUISE DETAILS - VA/MD GROUP
In order to accommodate everyone interested in driving up together Sat. morning, we’ll use the same route from last year with a few small changes (example: meeting at Rutter’s in York, PA instead of the McDonalds). The show opens at 10:00am and my goal is to get us there by 9:00am so that we have time to clean off the cars a bit. We will be stopped at each location to allow people to arrive and to refuel as needed. For the most part, this is a moving train so it’s your responsibility to meetup with us at any given location (although obviously we’ll try to accommodate). PM me if you want my cell number.

In addition, it would be helpful to know if anyone is planning on joining the group at the Ikea College Park location. We stopped and waited last year and no one was there. If no one plans on meeting us there we can just skip it, so it would be nice to know in advance. Again, we have no problem stopping there if that’s a convenient spot for people. Regarding the other locations, it doesn't really matter who is planning on showing because we will be stopping there for the agreed upon time regardless. We should have a few minutes of flexibility to wait for someone, but I’m not keeping a checklist of attendees. Please be respectful of others and show up on time.

I will be leading the caravan (2008 Viper), but if at any point you want to pass me you should feel free. Everyone will know where we’re going and when we’re going to get there, so we can just catch up with you. Again, we’ll be stopping almost every 45 mins. for water, food, fuel, etc. so that shouldn’t be a big problem if we get broken up.

What to bring:
- Quick detailer, cloths, etc. if you want to clean your car before the show.
- Smart phone, navigation system, or atlas.
- Camera, walkie talkie, etc.
- Please also arrive at your first stop with a fuel tank of gas.
- A printed copy of this post and the map below.

PRINT THIS MAP:
http://g.co/maps/c66uy

A. TYSONS CORNER, VA [arrive whenever – leave by 5:10am] (gasp): The Northern VA people should meet at the Starbucks in Tysons Corner, VA. (8520 Suite D, Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA, 22103, 703-760-7037). This should be a familiar location to many and it’s close to the beltway. We are leaving VERY early and will be on a tight timeline, but there is just no way to hit all of our check points without doing so. I HIGHLY suggest getting here early if you are coming from further South so that we don’t leave you behind. I’ll try to get there by 4:40am.

[30 min drive to College Park, MD]

B. COLLEGE PARK, MD [arrive 5:40am – leave by 6:00am]: We will be meeting a group of MD folks at the IKEA parking lot in College Park (10100 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD 20740). Again, this should be a familiar location to people. We won’t be stopping for long, but it should give us enough of a window to connect.

[45 min drive to Baltimore, MD]

C. BALTIMORE, MD [arrive 6:45am – leave by 7:10am]: We will combine forces with the Baltimore group at the Bob Evans (400 W. Padonia Rd., Luthersville-Timonium, MD 21093). Again, short window for everyone arriving, but we should have just enough time to get a quick break. You can get fuel at the next stop should you need it.

[45 min drive to York, PA]

D. YORK, PA [arrive 7:55am – leave 8:15am]: We can make a short stop at the Rutter’s Farm Store in York, PA (160 North Hills Rd (at Industrial Hwy), York, PA 17402, (717-755-4000). We’ve met up here a few times and it’s just off the highway. Plenty of food and gas available.

[45 min drive to Hershey, PA]

E. HERSHEY, PA [arrive at 9:00am]: There will be signs for the entrance to the show. We should also have enough flexibility in the schedule to account for some unexpected delays and still get there on time to clean the cars a little (Antique Auto Club of America Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, 717-566-7100).

In general, I hope these locations and times make sense, but again, let me know if you have any questions. As always, we will be taking a fairly leisurely pace up there. If it’s too slow for you then, feel free to pass and we’ll meet you at the next location.

DeLorean
04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I am somewhat confused by the acceptable cars... I could bring my Alfa romeo 164 (which is a Saab 9000, just more poorly done) - but I can't bring an actual Saab? IMO, a car like a 1978 99-turbo (the first turbocharged car to use a wastegate) is a much more "exotic" car than say an alfa romeo 164 or a Milano, which are totally main stream and have basically made it into "beater status"

And if you are including Alfa romeo, you really should include a whole host of other car co's that are not included. I'd also say my Citroen CXA is pretty darn exotic, way more so than an Alfa.

But DeLorean IS acceptable? What about a "fauxrarri? (Fiero based kit car) - can those show up?

jmettee
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Cool, thanks for the route description. We York area DMCs will likely rendezvous @ Rutters. We'll take up the rear & try to keep up, but still adding to the spectacle that is an I-83 exotic parade. :nana1:

BTW, how many DMCs do you have registered so far? I know there were 2 a couple weeks ago (myself & someone else).

protodelorean
04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
When it's just ONE Delorean, driving down the road, we have to deal with idiots tailgating, trying to take pictures, riding in your blind spots, etc. Won't this just make it worse? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for driving in groups so that you've got backup in the case of a breakdown or other issue, but from a safety standpoint, I think I'll pass on the hi-speed parade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16027006

jmettee
04-04-2012, 10:28 PM
... but from a safety standpoint, I think I'll pass on the hi-speed parade.

C'mon Steve, let's see those twin turbos in action :rofl: :race:

uhhair
04-05-2012, 07:59 PM
the other D is me so far heh, I signed up awhile back.

tclark
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
3 DeLoreans as of now. Also, another F1 car should be there. The 1997 F1 World Championship winning Williams car that was driven by Jacques Villeneuve. The car has just left the UK on it's journey to Central PA. The car should be stateside and have cleared US Customs in order to join the 2003 Jordan F1 car at the show. Also, in case any of you guys are into Porsche cars, there is a 959 registered. As you may know, this was Porsche's supercar that was meant to take on the Ferrari F40. The 959 was never imported into the US, although a very few have crossed the pond over the past few years.

protodelorean
04-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Just registered!

tclark
04-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Just registered!

Thanks Steve. We now have 5 DeLorean's registered! Great showing. Thank you Gentlemen.

tclark
04-11-2012, 08:35 PM
If any of you guys were planning on joining the caravan in Baltimore, please note that the location has changed as follows. Everything else on the route remains the same.

C. BALTIMORE, MD [arrive 6:45am – leave by 7:10am]: We will combine forces with the Baltimore group at Best Buy in Hunt Valley (118 Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030). Again, short window for everyone arriving, but we should have just enough time to get a quick break. You can get fuel at the next stop should you need it.

tclark
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM
We're now up to 6 DeLorean's!!!!!!!!!!!!

dvonk
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
:bigclap:

tclark
04-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Well, I really can't believe this, but there are 8 DeLorean's registered!

jmettee
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Yuck, weather is deteriorating. I'll make my decision to get the car out on Saturday morning, but it's not looking good at this point. Too bad there's not a rain-date. :(

tclark
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I'd just like to thank all of you for making this show such a success. I'd especially like to thank David Schamerhorn (Autowerks.9) for the beautiful trophies that he made for us again this year. Also, many thanks to our distinguished judging panel who again traveled quite a great distance, and volunteered their time in order to make this happen. Our judging panel included notables such as Dave Olimpi, Ken Visser, Ed Warburton and Ralf Berthiez, along with several local judges.

We also had some fantastic sponsors this year including Algar Ferrari, Harrisburg Fiat, The Law Firm of Ahmad & Zaffarese, Radcliffe Motorcar Company, and Competizione and Sports Cars. Their generosity goes miles in helping with the cause.

And of course, thanks so much to all who registered their cars for this event. Without the cars, there would be no car show. Many, many of you traveled from far away in order to make the show. I know it was a very early morning for you. We very sincerely thank you for your support. I know it's a pain to leave so early, but again we appreciate your efforts and support so much. You guys add such a huge component to this show. DeLorean's were very, very well represented!!!

As a side note, every puppy and kitten that was taken to the show yesterday, is now spoken for!!!

I forgot to mention, we had 134 cars on the field.

dvonk
04-29-2012, 03:05 PM
glad to hear it was such a great success! :smile: