PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Am

Pages : [1] 2

Tamir A.
06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I thought I would resurrect this thread. I recorded the new episodes from April and pulled any shots that show the DeLorean in the background. I actually think this is going to be kind of fun to see the end result of this thing, even if to many it will be considered a "bastard - D".

I think they are custom making new SS panel additions, and that this will still be all SS by the end. The screen shot that shows the door additions is interesting, as it is probably hollow behind the add ons, so the extra weight is minimal?

Enjoy the screen grabs and if anyone has updates on this, weigh in.

T.

fnzen
06-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Ill give an update.

It is totally wrapped in aluminum so weight has been significatly reduced, it will have to be painted :chrome,black chrome or flat black. The front bumper has been modeled. The interior frame is basically complete new dash console (reminds me of early 60's vette with rounded dash on driver and passenger., bitchn steering wheel with paddle shift. The radiator is huge and mounted perpendicular , not much of a boot will be left.

The drive shafts are being placed in, the fit is about 2 inches forward of stock location and the engine sits about 6 inches rear and they are debating fabricating new rear hub so that the bolts will match the front hubs and use new brakes rotors, whole front suspension is modified mustang 4 front end w/5 bolt hubs, complete roll bar built in. Cant remember the shock /spring company but its one of their sponsers.

The doors have been requested to be motorized like the new mercedes gullwing.

It will definately be a "one of". But again at least its not another BTTF replica. This thing has BALLS with the Audi R8 engine/ drive train.

Gave them a rundown of Delorean issues so that they can improve with their modifications.

stevedmc
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
In my opinion there would be only one person ugly enough to drive a car this hideous.

Patrick C
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
In my opinion there would be only one person ugly enough to drive a car this hideous.

You've seen bits and pieces of an unfinished car. Why are you so quick to knock it?

Grover
06-06-2011, 08:22 PM
You've seen bits and pieces of an unfinished car. Why are you so quick to knock it?

Thank you, this is what I have been saying to everyone. At least they seem to be doing their homework about the car.

stevedmc
06-06-2011, 08:23 PM

Well for starters it doesn't look like it will be sporting a carb. All jokes aside, if he wanted to build a car why not just build one from the ground up? This thing isn't even a Delorean anymore.

I'm not knocking the man for butchering a Delorean. Its his money and he can do what he pleases with it. I just think it is stupid to customize a car so much that it isn't even recognizable anymore.

Michael
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM

I have always liked low slung, wide body angular designs. IMO, they took the best attribute of a delorean and amplified it, and they took the worst attribute of a delorean, and turned it into a monster!....and R8 power plant are you kidding me? If I'm not mistaken that's the same basic engine that's in a Gallarado. I just bet if JZD was alive today, and rumors about him making a new car surfaced along with these pics, everyone here would be singing his praises and delighting in the redesign.

DeLorean03
06-06-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm gonna join Steve on this one. I don't like it.

I fell in love with an underdog car. I love the idea of engine swaps and powerplant upgrades like everyone else, and THAT has its place. But, this....it's just....it's too different. It's too much of a "total" mod. And this isn't the only DeLorean I feel this way towards - just to clear up any ideas that I only hate it cause it's Who.Is.Will or whatever his name is.

Curtis's car looks like a stock DeLorean compared to this hideous thing.

Dangermouse
06-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Ill give an update.

Gave them a rundown of Delorean issues so that they can improve with their modifications.
Lol - what part of the original car remains to have issues ;)

Seriously though, what is the schedule on this? I thought it was completed by Superbowl time ? Sounds like it is still in the build phase?

Renee_1632
06-07-2011, 12:16 AM
I'd sell my soul for that R8. But that mention that it'll be aluminum...that irks me somewhat. We've just about convinced the world it's NOT aluminum, then he has to go make one, and we have to start allllll over....sigh.

I'll wait til the finished project to make judgement. As long as it doesn't look as bad as the orange/blue DeLorean.

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
orange/blue delorean?

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Hey fnzen, I don't suppose you are in any of the episodes are you? Or, are you a behind the scenes person?

fnzen
06-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Hey fnzen, I don't suppose you are in any of the episodes are you? Or, are you a behind the scenes person?

Nope Im just a fly on the wall and bought the parts from them, hence my new Stage 2.
All I can say is if you appreciate custom cars this one is over the top and in the end will make your jaw drop cause you are gonna wish you could update your D with some of the wicked components on the car. Unfortunately due to the extensive customization and wanting to do it right its taking a lot more time.

Ryan King
06-07-2011, 03:20 AM
I hope it gets hit by Semi-Truck on its way out of the shop.

Dangermouse
06-07-2011, 08:59 AM
orange/blue delorean?

Possibly the Gulf Racing colors wrapped car that DMC-FL had for sale?

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Ya , that was hideous for sure. At least it was only wrapped and has since been unwrapped.

DMC5180
06-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Nope Im just a fly on the wall and bought the parts from them, hence my new Stage 2.
All I can say is if you appreciate custom cars this one is over the top and in the end will make your jaw drop cause you are gonna wish you could update your D with some of the wicked components on the car. Unfortunately due to the extensive customization and wanting to do it right its taking a lot more time.

They bought a stage II car as a donor for this project?

stevedmc
06-07-2011, 10:31 AM
They bought a stage II car as a donor for this project?

When William bought this car it was a seriously neglected Delorean in need of lots of work, cosmetic and mechanical. He had it dropped off at DMC in California and paid them lots of money to do a beautiful job of fixing and restoring the car.

After spending all of that money restoring the car he then dropped it off at WCC to spend even more money destroying the restoration and making it into Frankenstein.

It must be nice to have that much money.

Tamir A.
06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Well I'm a bit disappointed they aren't maintaining a SS look, but with that said, I still think this is going to be a cool car.

And I also believe there are plenty of D's out there for the amount of people that want one, so if a couple of cars get customized out like this, not the biggest deal.

T.

fnzen
06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Agree with you Tamir , I knew this thread would spark controversy. BTW can you send me pm with your email?

protodelorean
06-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I can't wait to see the finished product. It's gonna be bad-ass

dmcjohn
06-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Looks like they are using Dodge Challenger headlights?

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished car. It is a pity they are losing the stainless steel though - they should have hired my friend Neil (http://vintageworks.ie/index.php/2010/04/this-week-at-vintage-works/#more-165) to do the whole body in stainless!

DeLorean03
06-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Someone should convince them to go "regular doors" too. Maybe put the engine in the front. That way the 3 most unique things about the DeLorean will be gone -________- . If ANYONE asks me about this car face to face, I'm telling them "that car is a Delor-I-Was - it is not a DeLorean" (:

Farrar
06-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Looks like they are using Dodge Challenger headlights?

Hey, that was my idea! :angry:

Farrar

fnzen
06-08-2011, 04:05 PM
The pictures you are seeing are over 6 months old and the design has changed.

For all the haters - I hope you remember what you said when DMC endores the car and its uniqueness. Oh by the way your opinions are recorded.:bang:

stevedmc
06-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I hope you remember what you said when DMC endores the car and its uniqueness. Oh by the way your opinions are recorded.:bang:

I didn't realise DMC was still in business. ;)

dmcjohn
06-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh by the way your opinions are recorded.:bang:

What do you mean by that?

When will the car be ready - looking forward to seeing pics and video of it on the road.

DeLorean03
06-08-2011, 04:53 PM

If I'm wrong, and this thing is the 2nd coming of DeLorean design, then I'll admit it. It this is another one of those "someone's trying to do something different and it looks like butt" designs, I'll stick to my guns (: ...

I knew my opinion is being recorded, and boy, I want it known on this one =P . I am a firm believer of "ready, aim, fire" with what I say - not "ready, fire, aim".

I'll hush from here. I don't want to say the same thing 25 different ways. My opinion is known - that's that.

ProtoDeLorean did it right. THIS situation is not the case.

r00b
06-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I didn't realise DMC was still in business. ;)

LOL

My thoughts exactly.

SamHill
06-08-2011, 05:55 PM

I can't wait to see it at the next Super Bowl!

Michael
06-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Does DMC have black helicopters to swarm in and extract you in the middle of the night for "thought reform"....all this because a few people expressed their honest opinion about someone's custom car?

BK2DFUTR
06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I understand that most people have mixed opinions. When I first posted pics of my D in the Slammed Delorean thread (or check youtube for air ride delorean if you like...most thought it was over the top or too many modifications for the car as others really liked it. Usually deloreans are not modified alot cosmetically to make a noticable difference. I appreciate the original look of the car but I thought some flavor was needed since it still screams 80's in stock form. Yes it is a beautiful car but there is always room for improvement and not just only for Hp. As long as we can still recognize it as a delorean then not all is lost because it shows that even with these cars we can still improve them and create something that we see in our own dreams.

Farrar
06-08-2011, 06:24 PM
This photo went down with the old DMCTalk. I post it here for posterity.

Farrar

82DMC12
06-08-2011, 08:40 PM

LOL by then, no one will even remember who Will.I.Am is, since pop tastes change so quickly!

Andy

Dracula
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Once again, I stand by my previous statement that this car is no longer a DeLorean. I dislike it being called a DeLorean when there is virtually nothing that remains to call it so.

I want my opinion and view recorded in the online record and for it to show that I dislike this car already.

Patrick C
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Once again, I stand by my previous statement that this car is no longer a DeLorean. I dislike it being called a DeLorean when there is virtually nothing that remains to call it so.

Aside from a DeLorean underbody, frame, and VIN number. Oh wait, that's a huge part of what makes up the car!

Dracula
06-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Aside from a DeLorean underbody, frame, and VIN number. Oh wait, that's a huge part of what makes up the car!

Most of the frame will have to be altered and removed to allow for that Audi power plant and the new front end. The under body will be severely altered to allow for that radiator design and the new fascias as well as modified panels and doors.

It's like a Fiero that's been turned into a Ferrari replica except in reverse; with those, everything else looks and says "Ferrari" whereas, with this, only the title and VIN will still say "DeLorean."

tyb323
06-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Nah, it will still be a DeLorean. The core was still built in Northern Ireland, and it will still look like a DeLorean. It will never not be a DeLorean unless they start from scratch. They built it off a DeLorean - it is a DeLorean

stevedmc
06-08-2011, 09:20 PM
If he gets any flux capacitor jokes then I will consider it a Delorean. I seriously doubt he will have to listen to any of the BTTF crap that we get to hear daily.

tyb323
06-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I understand that most people have mixed opinions. When I first posted pics of my D in the Slammed Delorean thread (or check youtube for air ride delorean if you like...most thought it was over the top or too many modifications for the car as others really liked it. Usually deloreans are not modified alot cosmetically to make a noticable difference. I appreciate the original look of the car but I thought some flavor was needed since it still screams 80's in stock form. Yes it is a beautiful car but there is always room for improvement and not just only for Hp. As long as we can still recognize it as a delorean then not all is lost because it shows that even with these cars we can still improve them and create something that we see in our own dreams.

Glad you're back, I friggin love your car!

tyb323
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM

I missed your witty comebacks.

/end multiple postings

stevedmc
06-08-2011, 09:25 PM
If that is Rich he does have some pretty cool stuff, which I like, especially the convertible. Have you noticed that all of his stuff looks like Deloreans? Even D Rex looks like a Delorean.

Dracula
06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
If that is Rich he does have some pretty cool stuff, which I like, especially the convertible. Have you noticed that all of his stuff looks like Deloreans? Even D Rex looks like a Delorean.

This is one of the main reasons I don't consider it a DeLorean anymore. It doesn't look like a DeLorean, isn't propelled by DeLorean means, isn't bodied with stainless steel, and the vast majority of the car is fabricated and aftermarket parts.

For those that still adamantly insist on it being a DeLorean; I submit the challenge of asking what parts from it could be bolted on to a stock DeLorean? I imagine it to be a very short list.

Dangermouse
06-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Dare I suggest that WCC is calling it a DeLor.i.am - part Delorean (the VIN plate) and part Will.i.am (imagination/money/uniqueness)

r00b
06-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Maybe he doesn't want in looking like a DeLorean because he doesn't like the car being recognized more them him.

random person: "OMG Look there!"
Will.I.Am: "Yes, It's me, Will.I.."
random person: "I's a DeLorean!"
(Pushes past will.I.am to get to car.)

DeLorean03
06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe he doesn't want in looking like a DeLorean because he doesn't like the car being recognized more them him.

random person: "OMG Look there!"
Will.I.Am: "Yes, It's me, Will.I.."
random person: "I's a DeLorean!"
(Pushes past will.I.am to get to car.)

That is a unique observation. Go to wikipedia and look up gull-winged cars sometime. In fact, I'll save you the trouble: here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gull-wing_door)

More than half the cars on this list look more like his car than a DeLor......er..."Delor.I.Was"

82DMC12
06-10-2011, 02:07 PM
http://m.idolator.com/pl/5896102/will-i-am-forgets-lyrics-black-eyed-peas

Incidentally, he doesn't remember what a delorean looks like either ;-)

Andy

Tamir A.
06-13-2011, 03:14 PM
So I actually was able to check this car out in person over the weekend at WCC. Many thanks to DMCTalk member FNZEN for inviting me along. After seeing the finished concept art and the customizations they are doing to this car, it is going to be pretty wild.

I know this topic (and other D custom topics) get people's blood boiling, but honestly, from just a pure custom car project point of view, I feel like this is going to be a very fun car when it is finished. Whether or not it resembles an original DeLorean in any way shape or form is pretty moot in my opinion. The fact is they are using the pontoon, gas tank, frame (with major modifications), doors, some body panels (with modifications of course) and windshield. The bones of the car will be DeLorean, and Will.I.Am is certainly channeling his desires to keep the DeLorean aspect of it alive in the name of the car (which may be etched in the rear bumper - Delor.I.Am).

Will.I.Am is apparently very involved with some of the design aesthetic aspects, and is pushing to keep it with a SS look, but that is doubtful in my opinion, due to all the imperfections that come with these types of body modifications. So on to the modifications:

- The Audi R8 engine is quite a site to see in the rear of the car. Besides a few frame modifications, it fits quite nicely, including the Audi transmission. Reminds me of Robert's delotus engine in terms of how nicely it fits and looks: http://www.entermyworld.com/gallery/dmc-lotus-conversion

- The front suspension is pretty impressive, the rims will be huge on this car, and they switched over the bolt pattern to 5 instead of 4.

- Interior will have a paddle shift steering wheel to handle the R8 engine and most everything will be electronic - AC controls, radio, dash, etc. The middle of the dash/center console area houses an Ipad, which is pretty crazy stuff. Hopefully Apple doesn't modify their Ipad dimensions too much in the future or else that will put a kink in that space. :p

Anyway, those are the salient things I could see when checking this car out for about ten minutes. The WCC shop in general is pretty amazing, quite the operation. No Pics of course were allowed, so I know that is frustrating, but I think anyone who appreciates the time and ingenuity of customizing this thing will be impressed when they watch the episode that shows this build. In terms of timeline, I see this taking many more months, as pretty much every piece of this car has custom parts made for it.

T.

DMCH James
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM

Until the next time DMCtalk goes down, at least... ;) How's that data restore coming, Tamir - I've looked for updates and can't seem to find anymore comments on it?

So I actually was able to check this car out in person over the weekend at WCC. Many thanks to DMCTalk member FNZEN for inviting me along. After seeing the finished concept art and the customizations they are doing to this car, it is going to be pretty wild.

I agree, wild is the right word. I'm surprised at the negative feedback from many here...smh. God forbid someone should try to tell you what you can and can't do with your money...

And what happened to the ability to block posters by clicking on their name in their posts? Do I have to go to the control panel to do that now?

James

Dracula
06-13-2011, 04:46 PM
While they have the right to do whatever they want to their car with their money; we also have the right to our own opinion and, in this medium of expression, to state it. That's part of what being a free country is all about.

sean
06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
And what happened to the ability to block posters by clicking on their name in their posts? Do I have to go to the control panel to do that now?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?376-How-to-ignore-a-user

SoCalDMC12
06-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I can understand the strong reactions... the designs shown on TV from West Coast Customs can be pretty polarizing. I liked what they did with the chromed R8 last season, but find many of their other projects less appealing.

If you don't like their aesthetic, you're probably going to be wary of what they're doing with the Delorean.

stevedmc
06-13-2011, 04:56 PM
While they have the right to do whatever they want to their car with their money; we also have the right to our own opinion and, in this medium of expression, to state it. That's part of what being a free country is all about.

Be careful stating your opinion. It sounds like James actually puts customers on ignore.

Ryan King
06-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Basically...all of my aggression and some anger for this project starts from the very beginning. I had the opportunity to see this car in person while it was at DMC-CA's shop awhile back. Will-I-Am brought in one awful, gross, dirty, disgusting DeLorean to Danny & Don. I was able to see the car go from "rags to riches". I know how hard Danny, Don and Al worked on his car when it was at their shop. Will was really putting the pressure on them to get it finished.

When the car was finished it was a beautiful example of a very Early VIN. Don had commented that this car had a lot of factory things on it that he had never seen before himself. DMC-CA & Will made a few subtle modifications, but nothing that took away from the over DeLorean beauty and appeal.

What Erks me the most is that, as soon as the car was finished, it seemed like Will drove it over to WCC to have it chopped up into little bits to be modified. It felt to me like a big "slap in the face" to the work that was done to make the car great. I know DMC-CA was very proud of the work they did to it, only to have it all spit right back out.

Trust me, I am all for crazy and far out modifications to DeLoreans. But all while preserving our car's history. My whole modification philosophy, is to take a car that has already seen better days and do something unique to it while bringing it back to its former glory. I would never take a fully restored car, and destroy it/modify it. It would be like if I bought the prototype DeLorean and dropped it off at WCC for modifications. You would all roll in your graves. There are plent5y of sad and pathetic Project Cars out there who are good if not excellent candidates for being modified. They are like a blank canvas, so to speak. I don't know...maybe I am in the wrong.

Dracula
06-13-2011, 06:49 PM
That is another good item that needs to be mentioned. He ruined a car that was just painstakingly restored; not a neglected car with a blown motor. What was the point, then, of the initial restoration? If everything was going to be gutted in the first place, why restore it first?

I fully intend to do some customization to 1265, but that's in areas that need work already; the motor's gone, no trans, etc. so I chose a car that suited my needs well. Now I need to find a place that can make two-tone side stripes for the car.

stevedmc
06-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Why does everyone keep calling him Will.I.Am? His name is William.

On a more serious note, I wonder if William would be willing to sell me his old binnacle and center console.

SoCalDMC12
06-13-2011, 07:02 PM
It sounds like the car was in pretty bad shape at one point, so they didn't destroy an all- original survivor in concours condition. But it's definitely a shame that they threw away the restoration completed at DMCCA.

I suppose the owner has the money, and should do what he wants to be happy with the car, but I would have sold the newly restored car so someone else could enjoy it, and buy another basket case for WWC to modify. But that's just me.

SoCalDMC12
06-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Now I need to find a place that can make two-tone side stripes for the car.

Slightly off topic: I read that a digital template for the wide side stripes existed someplace on the interwebs. Anyone have an URL? Been looking for a while but can't find the file.

Sorry for highjacking.

Dracula
06-13-2011, 07:05 PM

On a more serious note, I wonder if William would be willing to sell me his old binnacle and center console.

I refuse to refer to him by that name.

C-had-it-under-control. K-aaaay!

Dracula
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Slightly off topic: I read that a digital template for the wide side stripes existed someplace on the interwebs. Anyone have an URL? Been looking for a while but can't find the file.

Sorry for highjacking.

Now that's good news; I want to have a black and red-colored interior for my AT car as well as a few other little tweaks and a custom black-and-red two-tone theme.

Ryan King
06-13-2011, 07:20 PM
But it's definitely a shame that they threw away the restoration completed at DMCCA.

I would have sold the newly restored car so someone else could enjoy it, and buy another basket case for WWC to modify. But that's just me.

Case. And. Point.

Thank you.

fnzen
06-13-2011, 10:30 PM
It was for sell in misc parts for sell post , they are now sold and owned by some else just this week sorry Steve

opethmike
06-13-2011, 10:32 PM

Maybe, just maybe because its his stage name?

fnzen
06-13-2011, 11:02 PM
It sounds like the car was in pretty bad shape at one point, so they didn't destroy an all- original survivor in concours condition. But it's definitely a shame that they threw away the restoration completed at DMCCA.

I suppose the owner has the money, and should do what he wants to be happy with the car, but I would have sold the newly restored car so someone else could enjoy it, and buy another basket case for WWC to modify. But that's just me.

Maybe I should repeat the story again
the car was Wils uncles, Wil got it and wanted it running (maybe he is sentimental about it), he had it from DMCCA for just a few weeks and it stopped running, DMCCA offered to tow it in but it went to WCC, Maybe he was pissed that he spent all that money and it did not stay running so he sent it somewhere else? Whatever the case , haters will hate it others will like it, no matter , all in all it will help promote the Delorean brand, unfortunately WCC has a no picture policy so yall cant see the current custom stuff that is going on it really is a hand built custom at this point, if I had the bucks he has yea Id make some major mods also to make the D the sports car that it should have been. after all the D is an "off the shelf " build with alot of borrowed parts.

stevedmc
06-13-2011, 11:06 PM
the car was Wils uncles, Wil got it and wanted it running (maybe he is sentimental about it), he had it from DMCCA for just a few weeks and it stopped running, DMCCA offered to tow it in but it went to WCC, Maybe he was pissed that he spent all that money and it did not stay running so he sent it somewhere else? Whatever the case , haters will hate it others will like it, no matter , all in all it will help promote the Delorean brand, unfortunately WCC has a no picture policy so yall cant see the current custom stuff that is going on it really is a hand built custom at this point, if I had the bucks he has yea Id make some major mods also to make the D the sports car that it should have been. after all the D is an "off the shelf " build with alot of borrowed parts.

Wow. That sounds pretty childish to me. Bring a piece of junk car to a shop, rush them to get it restored, and when it has problems bring it somewhere else to spend who knows how much money because you are pissed at the shop that originally had the car. Wow. I would hate to see what he might do if it has any trouble after WCC finishes with it.

Dracula
06-13-2011, 11:15 PM
He'll probably just take it to the junkyard; that's where it belongs now, anyways.

fnzen
06-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow. That sounds pretty childish to me. Bring a piece of junk car to a shop, rush them to get it restored, and when it has problems bring it somewhere else to spend who knows how much money because you are pissed at the shop that originally had the car. Wow. I would hate to see what he might do if it has any trouble after WCC finishes with it.

I was assuming that whats he did ,I do not know the real reason it did not go back to DMCCA ,

I do know this Wil has 2 other cars at WCC , a 50 something corvette and a one of prototype made of cast aluminum , he does have a long relationship with WCC

SoCalDMC12
06-14-2011, 12:01 AM
the car was Wils uncles, Wil got it and wanted it running (maybe he is sentimental about it)...

Well, if the car has sentimental value I can understand why he opted to customize this one, rather than selling it and customizing another car.

I'd need to see the finished product before offering up an opinion. WWC projects aren't typically my cup of tea, but projects can vary greatly, and aesthetics are subjective.

robvanderveer
06-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I can only imagine the first post from the guy who eventually buys this car:

"I just bought this car and it had a small accident, so I also bought a LFF off the internet. Unfortunately it doesn't fit? It looks too small for the wheels. I thought there was only a single design on these cars?".

:D :D

SamHill
06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
The Super Bowl misinformation should have reinforced that we really don't know anything accurate about it, save for being extensively modified. Who knows, maybe it'll knock your socks off. Sounds like Will is building some nice houses for those guys, and they won't want to kill the golden goose by producing the Pontiac Aztek of Deloreans.

Ryan
06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-G6hOv2nMIWk/Tbyv1UC1uvI/AAAAAAAAAbY/rpdCPTAEf8I/s1600/Haters-Gonna-Hate-Banned-In-Hollywood-38.jpg

Dangermouse
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM

with all due respect fnzen, I have followed this story from the start, on all the various D forums, and this is the first time I have read this info.

Personally, I would have kept the fathers one for sentimental reasons, and bought a second to do this customization to.

stevedmc
06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Personally, I would have kept the fathers one for sentimental reasons, and bought a second to do this customization to.

Where is the train wreck emoticon when you need it?

fnzen
06-15-2011, 01:39 AM
with all due respect fnzen, I have followed this story from the start, on all the various D forums, and this is the first time I have read this info.

Trying to keep this on track but need to clarify not his fathers I was told "uncle"

for all you Haters WHATEVER!
the man has come from the depths of hell in South LA to where he is now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will.i.am

after living in LA there are areas that whitey just dont go, so to get the f outa there and make it thats a dream IMO

opinions are ok but dont knock somebody if you dont know their story,

thats all i got to say about that

now can we get back to the original thread about a custom Delorean? Thanks!

Dangermouse
06-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Where the hell did I get "father" from???? I must be going dyslexic in my old age :bang:

Anyway, I'm no hater of this project (well apart from the Superbowl hype part). Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Probably the most expensive DeLorean evah??

Just wish WCC would release the odd photo so we can see the progress.

Did anyone post what the vin is?

SamHill
06-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Just received solid confirmation that the car will be unveiled at the US Open and after that it will be driven into the ring at the Floyd Mayweather match.

fnzen
06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Where the hell did I get "father" from???? I must be going dyslexic in my old age :bang:

Anyway, I'm no hater of this project (well apart from the Superbowl hype part). Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Probably the most expensive DeLorean evah??

Just wish WCC would release the odd photo so we can see the progress.

Did anyone post what the vin is?

Yea its expensive Tamir had the same comment , the R8 engine and tranny set up probably is around $25 gs alone.

Ryan King
06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Just received solid confirmation that the car will be unveiled at the US Open and after that it will be driven into the ring at the Floyd Mayweather match.

Then driven into the depths of Mordor to be cast back into the mountain.

stevedmc
06-15-2011, 05:56 PM

We already received solid confirmation last superbowl.

tyb323
06-17-2011, 08:09 PM
the man has come from the depths of hell in South LA to where he is now.
after living in LA there are areas that whitey just dont go, so to get the f outa there and make it thats a dream IMO
opinions are ok but dont knock somebody if you dont know their story,

Just because he has a sob story (which isn't really tragic considering he's a millionaire) doesn't mean we can't say we don't like the way the car is going. Freedom of speech, man! Oh wait...i forgot, everything we say is being recorded. Big brother is watching! :sniper:

Seriously though, I think you are taking this whole thing a way bit too personally, lashing out at people, defending Will like he's your brother, etc. We appreciate that you maintain a flow of info for us, just chill out a bit, mmmmkay?

tyb323
06-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Where is the train wreck emoticon when you need it?

Right here: :TrainWreck:

living_the_dream
06-17-2011, 09:36 PM
People are taking what this guy is doing to his car WAY too seriously. It kind of reminds me of those cat people that want to save all the cats, except in this post its all about saving all the cars and keeping them pure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc

Let people do what they want with their car. Who cares about what they do.

dvonk
06-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Then driven into the depths of Mordor to be cast back into the mountain.

:hysterical:

opethmike
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM
People are taking what this guy is doing to his car WAY too seriously. It kind of reminds me of those cat people that want to save all the cats, except in this post its all about saving all the cars and keeping them pure.

Let people do what they want with their car. Who cares about what they do.

+1

Tclans
07-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone, I wanted to contribute some new pictures i grabbed from a 'Bendpak' video.

As seen on these pictures the main bodywork is nearing completion.
If you ask me it looks like a delorean from the future.
Realy slick lines and at the same time very muscular. Personally i am very excited to see the end result.

Ryan King
07-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone, I wanted to contribute some new pictures i grabbed from a 'Bendpak' video.

As seen on these pictures the main bodywork is nearing completion.
If you ask me it looks like a delorean from the future.
Realy slick lines and at the same time very muscular. Personally i am very excited to see the end result.

Thanks for the photos. I see there is that black DeLorean photo taped to the front.

Michael
07-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Christopher Walken voice on.

Needs more front bumper, I gotta have more bumper.

stevedmc
07-22-2011, 01:59 PM
It looks more like a mustang or dodge charger to me.

Farrar
07-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Judging from the front end, I imagine this vehicle will be fueled by a new form of alternative energy derived from testosterone and road rage.

Farrar

stevedmc
07-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Judging from the front end, I imagine this vehicle will be fueled by a new form of alternative energy derived from testosterone and road rage.

Farrar

Come to think of it, I believe I have seen a few honda civics that look like William's car.

sean
07-22-2011, 03:32 PM
It looks more like a mustang or dodge charger to me.

Yup, that is the first thing I thought.

qwerk
07-26-2011, 04:57 PM
It's the Giugiaro Mustang concept!

http://blog.lbazaar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/concept_mustang_giugiaro.jpg

Why put DeLorean doors on a Mustang when you could put Mustang everything on a DeLorean? ;)

Farrar
07-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Why put DeLorean doors on a Mustang when you could put Mustang everything on a DeLorean? ;)

And those lovely bricks on the doors. Holy torsion bar adjustment, Batman...

Farrar

Mark D
07-26-2011, 09:58 PM
It's the Giugiaro Mustang concept!

http://blog.lbazaar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/concept_mustang_giugiaro.jpg

Hahaha! Funniest comment of the day...:lol:

Nicholas R
07-31-2011, 09:43 PM
This kind of reminds me how people completely change the look of fieros with different body panels.

IE All fiero's underneith:
http://www.v8archie.com/fino3.jpg
http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fiero-ferrari-enzo-1988-img_1.jpg
http://www.priceofhistoys.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/dubai-ferrari-f40-1.jpg
http://www.dabo.de/8ft99/fiero2_004.jpg
http://www.priceofhistoys.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/feroce-3.jpg

No reason why it's not possible in a DeLorean. We just dont have the # of cars or community necessary to get people to design such extensive modifications. Most of the kit's are bolt on. Simply remove the old panel and bolt the new one on:
http://www.v8archie.com/fino6.jpg

dvonk
08-01-2011, 12:44 AM
not to mention, who in their right mind would remove the stainless panels for some crappy plastic ones? :screwy:

TheDutchTexan
08-01-2011, 02:40 AM
The only thing people around here would be interested in is the reproduction of the stainless steel body panels. Plastic ones be damned... It is such a bummer they are all sunk in some English bay. One would think they would be able to re-engineer new ones from existing body panels. Especially with today's technology... Ah well...

Besides, how many extra panels does DeLorean Houston have?

DeLorean03
08-01-2011, 03:02 AM
It is such a bummer they are all sunk in some English bay. One would think they would be able to re-engineer new ones from existing body panels.

I'm going :offtopic2: here, but this is important:

HEY HEY HEY HEY. They are boat anchors - NOT just sitting on the bottom of the bay...

Click here please! (http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/bodydies/bodydies.html)

http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/bodydies/dies/ardbay04.jpg

And you call yourself a previous owner D: ....

I'm just giving you a hard time =p. Don't take that "previous owner" comment too seriously =p.

dmcjohn
08-02-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm going :offtopic2: here, but this is important:

HEY HEY HEY HEY. They are boat anchors - NOT just sitting on the bottom of the bay...

No, they are lobster pot anchors! They are in Ards Bay off the coast of Galway, Ireland.

More info here:

http://www.seanlynchinfo.com/DeLoreanProgressReport.htm

and here:

http://www.delorean.ie/magazine.html (click on the link on that page to read article).

Back on topic - I kept an open mind on this, but based on the latest pics I don't like the look of this car. I'm still interested to see it moving with an R8 powerplant, but I think they took the lazy way out not keeping it stainless.

John

stevedmc
08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
One would think they would be able to re-engineer new ones from existing body panels. Especially with today's technology... Ah well...

Its all about supply and demand. Why on earth would a vendor want to mass produce body panels when they can get top dollar for a "rare" part?

For example, it is actually pretty easy to get front driver fenders, but because of a reduced number of available fenders, people are scared into paying thousands of dollars to buying one "just in case". The amount of "rare" fenders are more than enough for our community.

Just because your fender gets a dent doesnt mean it has to be replaced. Believe it or not, lots of dents and dings can be fixed. Have you seen the Delorean limo? Many of those panels were built from scratch. If a panel can be built from scratch a damaged panel can be fixed.

TheDutchTexan
08-03-2011, 02:58 AM
And you call yourself a previous owner D: ....

I'm just giving you a hard time =p. Don't take that "previous owner" comment too seriously =p.

I've never been an owner, so that comment is actually flattering. Or demoralizing... Either way, they are on the bottom of a bay. So sunk is right, depending on your point of view... :P

And yes, I guess it is supply and demand. There is not going to be a significant increase of D's on the road. Hell, every year there are less. Which should mean more parts.

On-Topic: I dislike it when people "rape" a cars exterior to create something like this. R8 engine or not, it is going to be one ugly car from what I have seen. Not to say it can't be tasteful. I know there is a black widebody D out there that looks pretty neat. Still, it can't beat the stainless steel look of an original. Guess I am stuck in the 80's...

Dangermouse
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
This kind of reminds me how people completely change the look of fieros with different body panels.

IE All fiero's underneith:

http://www.priceofhistoys.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/dubai-ferrari-f40-1.jpg

This one is actually a real F40, abandoned in dubai

uhhair
08-05-2011, 11:19 AM
. I know there is a black widebody D out there that looks pretty neat. Still, it can't beat the stainless steel look of an original. Guess I am stuck in the 80's...

That is an understatement. I've seen up close this widebody D you speak of and it's incredible!

Also, who just abandons a car that expensive? I mean I know D's were pricey new but not compared to that bad boy! Someone call a tow truck and lets snag that thing.

BK2DFUTR
08-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Not to get off topic or be rude but this f-40 pictured above was thought to be real and someone made that statement on another forum. Actually it really is a fiero and all you have to do is look at the side windows, roofline, and bottom at the windscreen...its all fiero and very sure of it.

Now back on topic about the widebody... I do agree that this is a radical looking delorean but the front end does not flow in proportion with the rest of the car. The delorean design is all angular so when you try to incorporate a round shape and large sized openings in the front it will not flow properly into one distinctly designed car which is the reason why some people said that it looks like a front end of a new mustang and I also would agree with that. The widebody look does seem to be well executed from the doors to the rear but personally I dislike the front end/bumper design and the widend front fenders as I still prefer the over all look of "project delorean" or you could say the grey widebody steve's car as it was made with the deloreans original design in mind first rather than drastically trying to alter the car into something of a "one off personal creation". Just my opinion.

Nicholas R
08-06-2011, 01:11 AM
This one is actually a real F40, abandoned in dubai

I'm pretty sure it's not. For one the website where I scraped the picture from notes it as a kit. The F40 is a very popular fiero body kit. Up there with the Countach and the Fino. Second, there are are a few clear signs. For instance, all F40's have a split in the window here:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8272/ferrarif402red1987.jpg

The one in dubai very clearly has fiero side windows. You can also see that on the car in Dubai the windows have black triangles at the front just like all fieros:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3092/dubaiferrarif401.jpg

Another difference is that due to the significantly smaller passenger compartment on the Fiero, on the kits, the rear quarter windows are fully opague unlike the transparent windows on the real thing:
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8396/dubaiferrarif402.jpg

I used to be pretty into Fiero's in the past. Not nearly as much anymore but I still am certainly a fan :)

thatonenight
08-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Hit or miss, the owner has $ and knows what he wants. The good ol' internet gives everyone an opinion and they aren't afraid to post it. But opinions are like a.... well, we all know that one. This build isn't for everyone obviously, just the owner. A drawing of the build was done that the owner agreed to have built. Now we wait and see if WCC pulls it off.

Nicholas R
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I hope there is a special or something detailing the customization process.

thatonenight
08-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Sadly there wont be. WCC has built another car (as well as finishing a 3rd car started by another shop) for him that will air as an episode of their IWCC show, but I doubt anything will pop up on TV to cover the build of this car in detail.

tyb323
09-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Any updates?

Dangermouse
10-04-2011, 03:03 PM
WCC has built another car (as well as finishing a 3rd car started by another shop) for him that will air as an episode of their IWCC show, but I doubt anything will pop up on TV to cover the build of this car in detail.

Vett.i.am

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/blog/?p=8165

Why would they cover the transformation of yet another corvette and not show the unusual DeLorean?

Farrar
10-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Why would they cover the transformation of yet another corvette and not show the unusual DeLorean?

Just a guess: Corvettes are more widely available?

Farrar

thirdmanj
10-04-2011, 10:30 PM
I had just posted the thread and started to dive into web to find more info, and came right back here. I can't believe I had the audacity to think I could have been the first on to see it. I should have looked in DMCTalk FIRST. Doh.

Oh yeah, sean, quick f-in response! no sooner had I figured out my own error, you had already closed it and linked it! NICE!

Dangermouse
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I think the thread was even longer on the old site ;)

The car was supposed to be unveiled at the SuperBowl in Jan 2011, which obviously never happened much to everyone's disappointment.

Kenny_Z
10-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm guessing because the vette looks good and the other monstrosity they created does not.

Michael
10-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I used to bash model cars together to make something original and unique. For example, I would cut a 288 ferrari in half, and do the same for a Countach, and blend them together, while taking the turbos from the 288 and grafting them on the v12 Countach engine.

After a few days of work I would look at the monstrosity on my bench and think to myself "what have I done?, I ruined 2 perfectly good cars".....I suspect they are saying the same thing at WCC.

dvonk
10-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm guessing because the vette looks good...

not especially. another waste of a classic car. :huh:

Delorean Industries
10-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Sitting here watching Velocity HD and there is a commercial for the season finale of West Coast Customs with Bieber. They great him in front of the Delorean project. Eh I died a little for sure.

Kenny_Z
11-01-2011, 12:17 AM
not especially. another waste of a classic car. :huh:

Yeah, the more I see it the more I think it looks like a kid's toy. They smoothed all the classic lines out of that vette. It's not as hideous as the D but it's up there with one of west coast's worst cars. Then again there have been very few of their builds that I liked.

Dangermouse
11-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Sitting here watching Velocity HD and there is a commercial for the season finale of West Coast Customs with Bieber. They great him in front of the Delorean project. Eh I died a little for sure.

I think the Beebs had them do a "batman" themed CTS-V, which he subsequently got stopped by the cops in.

Nothing to do with the D, thankfully.

Farrar
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I think the Beebs had them do a "batman" themed CTS-V, which he subsequently got stopped by the cops in.

I'm not surprised. At his age he really shouldn't be driving.

Farrar

Chris Burns
01-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Not digging it myself, but different!

Patrick C
01-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Not digging it myself, but different!

Not a fan. At all. So much for staying with an unpainted finish.

sean
01-05-2012, 09:40 AM
so sad :mecry:

Delorean Industries
01-05-2012, 10:31 AM
That actually turned out worse then I thought it would. This will quickly be forgotten just like the Black Eyed Peas.

DMCH James
01-05-2012, 10:39 AM
On the bright side, he's saying it uses Chrysler parts...

James

dmc4087
01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
As expected, it looks shite

SoCalDMC12
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm just happy that it hasn't been identified as a Delorean under all of that custom work.

But according to Jalopnik, he intends to produce more of these. So... it's possible that more Deloreans may meet the same fate???!!!

http://jalopnik.com/5873293/william-launches-crappy-car-company

sean
01-05-2012, 10:57 AM

James

I'm just happy that it hasn't been identified as a Delorean under all of that custom work.

But according to Jalopnik, he intends to produce more of these. So... it's possible that more Deloreans may meet the same fate???!!!

Best quote:

"Rather than starting with a mediocre product that gets progressively more horrible as time goes on, Will.I.Am. is skipping straight to the horrible."

Dangermouse
01-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Initial offering from his new car company, which must be why it didn't feature on WCC

and on the Leno show, where he explains it all:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/william-1312/1376414

I'm very confused - is it a Chrysler 300 with a modified DeLorean body?

dvonk
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM

+1

...according to Jalopnik, he intends to produce more of these. So... it's possible that more Deloreans may meet the same fate???!!!

god, i fucking hope not.

Knoxville
01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Found these on the WCC website:

Is it me or are those seats huge??!

Knox

Iznodmad
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I just threw up a little.:vomit_1: That is the most horrible death of a DeLorean that I have ever seen, and an early 3 digit VIN death just adds insult to injury.

Ryan King
01-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Maybe he can just buy all of Houston's new body tubs. :D

But seriously, I'm not worried. He can't build a car company...let alone in the ghetto of LA. I feel like there a lot of laws and policies and hurdles to jump over. Not to mention he will be basically competing with WCC.

stevedmc
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Its beautiful!

Ikeaboy1
01-05-2012, 01:47 PM
That actually turned out worse then I thought it would.

+1, and considering WCC, that's saying something.

Dangermouse
01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
, and an early 3 digit VIN death just adds insult to injury.

is the VIN actually known?

SoCalDMC12
01-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Found these on the WCC website:

Is it me or are those seats huge??!

Knox

You're right, the seats look way too big! Seriously, with all the money and effort put into this thing, one would think that they could source more appropriately sized seats. (Or perhaps they meant for the interior to look as jacked up as the exterior.)

Paul J
01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I was actually looking forward to seeing this car and thought it may be quite good but that looks like the Bas***d love child of several Top Gear Uk Creations and a reject one at that!

Kenny_Z
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
That is a tragic thing. Has anyone released the engine specs? Knowing WCC they didn't touch the engine. They just added a few hundred pounds of weight and if they didn't touch the engine that poor car is SLOW.

dmc6960
01-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Earlier reports had the engine as being swapped for an Audi R8 engine. Dont know where any of the Chrysler parts are.

Interesting note, this thread's views jumped from ~12,000 this morning to over 15,000 this afternoon. Must be the direct link from the Jalopnik article.

nofear365
01-05-2012, 04:11 PM

ARG!!! They figured it out...

http://jalopnik.com/5873427/why-is-williamsaying-he-built-a-delorean

Dangermouse
01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
beat me to it!

some good pictures in that jalopnik write up.

nofear365
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I like the quarter panel treatment. Interesting...

Everything else is just horrible.

pezzonovante88
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I like the quarter panel treatment. Interesting...

Everything else is just horrible.

Quarter panel is very Testarossa. But yeah, the car is a disgrace.

Dangermouse
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Anyone want to throw out a cost/pricetag for all this custom work?

SIMid
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I hope the white colour is undercoat and looks like it still needs some headlights put in.

What a shame and please DMC ban him from buying Deloreans to deface them.

Mike C.
01-05-2012, 05:28 PM
ARG!!! They figured it out...

http://jalopnik.com/5873427/why-is-williamsaying-he-built-a-delorean

Woot! We got press! :D

Chris Burns
01-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Don't mess with the Delorean people! Nice try Will I Am.

Michael
01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I really had high hopes for the car, especially after seeing some of those screen caps in bare metal, but it just went south especially with that front end. However, I think I know who designed it:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2532/3792628018_9882148d7c_o.jpg

SIMid
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
*LMAO*

Isnt there a saying that when you have too much money, your taste goes out the window?

timothymoore
01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
im wondering if he just didnt use the delorean because thats what he had to use for a concept perhaps? maybe he will be smart and buy fieros to use insead or look for build the parts himself

Tamir A.
01-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Wow, this does not resemble the concept art I saw at WCC late last year. And I don't recall any Chrysler parts being used. The engine was the Audi R8 Engine, including transmission. And the color was supposed to be black. Damn shame.

I would be shocked if this kit would ever be DIY or production ready anytime soon, considering it took the folks at WCC nearly two years to pull this off.

T.

awildermode
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
This is not the ideal way to celebrate John DeLorean's birthday (tomorrow).

Dangermouse
01-05-2012, 09:08 PM
To reuse the lyrics from Mr. I.Am's current single: (here if you need to get the tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmItgGHLGsI)

You can go hard
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7628&d=1325815361
or you can go home
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7627&d=1325815360

You can go hard
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7626&d=1325815359

or you can go home

Ikeaboy1
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2532/3792628018_9882148d7c_o.jpg

I think Michael nailed it, and so did the last line of the article:

'More likely, Will.i.am just has zero clue as to what the fuck he's talking about.'

Dangermouse
01-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Wow, this does not resemble the concept art I saw at WCC late last year. And I don't recall any Chrysler parts being used. The engine was the Audi R8 Engine, including transmission. And the color was supposed to be black. Damn shame.
T.

That's funny as I had just read your post on this (#48 ) and was wondering if it had changed much. You were so full of positive vibe for it at the time.

Of course it may go like stink, and if you are inside you can't see it's warts

Jeff K
01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe in 30 years he will have a bunch of rabid fans like us worshiping him like we do JZD! :thankyou:

TimD
01-05-2012, 09:21 PM
FYI that's not an Audi engine. Likely the GM LS3 mentioned in the article.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2012/01/xlarge_038f64eca14c99464096161bb964976f.jpg

thirdmanj
01-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Maybe in 30 years he will have a bunch of rabid fans like us worshiping him like we do JZD! :thankyou:

Nobody will remember this hack in 30 years.

dvonk
01-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Its beautiful!

haha, steve you troll. :biggrin:

is the VIN actually known?

+1. we need to know what VIN this used to be so we can have a proper funeral.

SIMid
01-05-2012, 10:43 PM
To reuse the lyrics from Mr. I.Am's current single: (here if you need to get the tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmItgGHLGsI)

You can go hard
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7628&d=1325815361
or you can go home

You can go hard
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7626&d=1325815359

or you can go home

*LMAO* Gold!

I want to see the rear of this bastard child. I want to complete my nightmare so I can RIP.

Ryan King
01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I love this...so...priceless

More likely, Will.i.am just has zero clue as to what the fuck he's talking about.

DMCVegas
01-06-2012, 12:45 AM
With the quality of work and engineering that went into this car, I'm sure this guy would be proud:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__cXS3wEb9Y8/Rt3na2jzPoI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/HsMRTBIggbQ/s320/lipu.jpg

Judging this car on it's own merits by the picture presented, it's going to be another failure like the Vector thanks to it's lack of actual engineering.

Looking through the intake vent on the drivers side, there are absolutely no stays installed on the fenders. That means that at moderate speeds, you're gonna have the damn bumpers and fenders shimmying from the force of the wind. And that's not even addressing the lack of proper ducting for the radiator.

Aside from poor aerodynamics for that radiator, with no where to be directed it's just going to make the shimmy even worse in best case scenario. Worst case, and the most likely, the front of the car will become WAY too light. Wind tunnel testing of the original DeLorean prototypes had shown that the front of the car became too light at speed and required the installation of an air dam in order to stabilize the front end by forcing it down. This was also the exact same issue that Vector had. This car is conspicuously missing any sort of air damn, and thus is VERY likely to suffer the same fate. I wouldn't take this thing above 40mph until that was addressed.

Using the DMC-12 platform to accommodate the high belt line of this car is also pretty damn scary. The Chrysler LX platform which this car is trying to mimic was specifically engineered to have the belt lines remain high. It did this by way of raising the external sheet metal, but kept the chassis low. In this case they attempted to utilize the DMC-12's belt line, and had to raise the height of the front of the car to accommodate this. Big. Fucking. Mistake. This keeps the center of gravity WAY too high on the front of the car, and makes it even harder to maintain control of the vehicle at higher speeds. Especially during moderate speed cornering, let alone ANY high speed.

This is nothing more than a show car, and not an actual serious attempt at a functional prototype. If you did buy this car or one like it, you're putting yourself into serious harms way.

And what the hell is this crap about not needing airbag testing? Unless you're doing coachbuilding with a pre-approved DOT platform (Limo, U-Haul Truck, Ambulance, any service vehicle, etc.), you most certainly need to get your car certified for crash worthiness as well as have airbags installed.. Sure DOT used to hand out exemptions for limited production vehicles, but Ferrari screwed that up for everybody.

Otherwise, Will-I-Am's idea is honestly nothing more than another Zimmer Motor Cars recycling designs. But at least they did it safer and more realistically.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Q2jmVGP0GXE/Tb8XO__iqNI/AAAAAAAABJc/wY6EGfIF8C8/s1600/500x_zimmer_quicksilver_top.jpghttp://image9.autorevo.com/3079/pics/3370212_b136f200-6d0a-4711-ad16-78fb275cf5f3.jpg
http://www.brandonclassics.com/carimages/88%20Johnson%206.jpg

Dangermouse
01-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Now this is starting to get even weirder:

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/blog/?p=8927

which is WCC just reposting an article from Automobile Mag:

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/report-black-eyed-peas-singer-wants-to-start-a-car-brand-in-the-ghetto-98675.html#ixzz1icqyJrpO

(yeah, we made mainstream media baby)

It seems as though the entrepreneur and Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am isn’t satisfied with his own music group and fashion label. The artist recently announced he wants to create more jobs, and will do so by creating his own…car company?

During an appearance on last night’s episode of “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” the singer revealed he was investing his money to create “a car company in the neighborhood where I come from.” The name of the project? IAMAUTO, patterned after the singer/rapper/producer’s stage name.

So what made the Will.i.am want to start this new business venture? “I’m a big technology geek and a freak, and I invested my money into building my own vehicle because I want to bring jobs to the ghetto that I come from,” he said to Leno, who even volunteered to take IAMAUTO out for a test drive.

Weird? Things get quirkier yet. Leno asks Will.I.Am if he’s just going to customize cars, but the singer talks about buying parts – notably chassis, airbags, and Beats by Dr. Dre sound system – from Chrysler, and modifying only the body. In his theory, this allows him to create something custom without having to recertify the car (although we can’t help but notice Fisker, who once did something similar to BMW’s 6 Series and Mercedes-Benz’s CL coupe, had to go through some of those same regulatory hurdles). It kind of sounds like the singer may be targeting something based off the 300.

Here’s where things get murky: when asked the name of the project, Will.I.Am responded with IAMAUTO – the same label applied to several of his previous customized cars, including a 1958 Corvette. When Leno asked for a photo, a shot of an odd, boxy sports coupe was shown. If it looked a bit like a DeLorean wearing box flares, it’s because it was. The singer has a DeLorean that was customized by West Coast Customs; photos of the car under construction look exactly like the car shown on Lenos’ show. Talk on DeLorean forums suggest the so-called “Delor.i.am” even packs a driveline ripped from a Audi R8 V-8.

So, is Will.I.Am really founding his own company (and taking business away from WCC), or is this just a bit of a misunderstanding surrounding his project cars? We’ve got a feeling it may be the latter, but we’ll wait and see…

Mike C.
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
It's too bad a site like TMZ doesn't have a hold of this.

AllWheelDSM
01-06-2012, 10:00 AM
My eyes! They burn!

Mike C.
01-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Welcome back, AJ!

Farrar
01-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I feel like apologizing to my retinas and optic nerve for having looked at that cock-up of a machine.

Farrar

jackb
01-06-2012, 10:45 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/WTFII.jpg

Iznodmad
01-06-2012, 10:59 AM
I feel like apologizing to my retinas and optic nerve for having looked at that cock-up of a machine.

Farrar

Me too! :rofl: Don't forget about the possibility of a macular hole forming due to those horrible images!

stevedmc
01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
I wonder if he used a Chrysler binnacle or if he developed his own from scratch.

Farrar
01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I wonder if he used a Chrysler binnacle or if he developed his own from scratch.

Be careful with that joke. It's an antique.

Farrar

tyb323
01-06-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm gonna start doing the "I told you so" dance for the folks who thought that Will.I.Am could pull off anything less than that deformed turdlorean he calls a Chrysler...

opethmike
01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm gonna start doing the "I told you so" dance for the folks who thought that Will.I.Am could pull off anything less than that deformed turdlorean he calls a Chrysler...

Turdlorean! Love it!

mluder
01-06-2012, 12:01 PM
When I showed the pics to a friend of mine his comment was, "Yeah, I can't imageine anybody from the Black Eyed Peas having anything to do with something that sucks." :giggle:

Michael
01-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Can someone post pics of the build progress of this car in it's early stages to prove that this actually was a Delorean? I know we had it on the old site but since it has been lost, the pics are no longer out there.

dmc6960
01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Can someone post pics of the build progress of this car in it's early stages to prove that this actually was a Delorean?.

Yes its a D. I've highlighted a few areas you should recognize...

Engine bay fiberglass profile around the engine lid.
Fiberglass underdash.
Door top profile.

Plus several DMCTalk members have seen it during portions of its build and fnzen has been selling all of the take-off parts.

Michael
01-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Yes its a D. I've highlighted a few areas you should recognize...

Engine bay fiberglass profile around the engine lid.
Fiberglass underdash.
Door top profile.

Plus several DMCTalk members have seen it during portions of its build and fnzen has been selling all of the take-off parts.

I know its a D, what I'm looking for is the proof(money shots) for the skeptics and those that don't know what a Delorean underbody looks like.

DeLorean03
01-08-2012, 12:14 AM
He should name that hideous monstrosity the "DeLor-I-Was".

Waste of a car. Curtis' DeLorean is a concourse (sp?) car now as far as I am concerned in comparison to that pricey POS.

Paul J
01-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I know its a D, what I'm looking for is the proof(money shots) for the skeptics and those that don't know what a Delorean underbody looks like.

http://m.lockerz.com//s/23388331

WCC twitter feed

Tclans
01-08-2012, 02:49 PM
I can't seem to understand where in the process things changed...

...and headed to the road of fail.

At first, early in the development, i was very excited about the innovative stuff.
But now all i can feel is sadness.

Excuse me i'm going to gouge out my eyes...

Luckily he has well done Corvette conversion to make up a little.
Next to each other they would be the beauty and the beast, hee hee.

I'm sad.

SIMid
01-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Renderings never turn out the same in real life. The proportions in drawings never reflect the true scale of the size of panels.

Real shame, could had been something great.

thirdmanj
01-08-2012, 07:35 PM
:vomit_1: http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7676&d=1326051820

DeCobra
01-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Reminds me of an Aston Martin Lagonda cross bred with a Charger and Lambo.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2153/2204944112_82d54a1f51_z.jpg?zz=1

SIMid
01-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Reminds me of an Aston Martin Lagonda cross bred with a Charger and Lambo.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2153/2204944112_82d54a1f51_z.jpg?zz=1

I would have the Lagonda parked next to my Delorean in my future garage. :) I love it!

xjoshsmallx
01-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Some people shouldn't have money. Some people should also respect that there aren't too many of these cars anymore and not ruin them.

stevedmc
01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Some people shouldn't have money. Some people should also respect that there aren't too many of these cars anymore and not ruin them.

Its his money and he can do whatever he wants with it. Its a shame what he did sucks though, but thats what freedom is all about.

On another note, someone should rename this thread to "West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Was".

dvonk
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
On another note, someone should rename this thread to "West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Was".

+1

Nicholas R
01-12-2012, 02:17 AM

James

So James, just for mine and everyone else's peace of mind, can you confirm just that DMCH's manufacturing of new DeLorean bodytubs has NOTHING to do with this supposed new manufacturing venture? Please?

Thanks for your help.

Also on a side note, any idea what engine that is:
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2012/01/xlarge_038f64eca14c99464096161bb964976f.jpg

It looks like either a Chevy LS1 or a Chrysler 6.4L hemi to me.

http://www.cartype.com/pics/9396/full/6.4itre_hemi_engine.jpg
Hemi^

http://www.britishamericanengines.co.uk/images/ls_engines/ls1.jpg
LS1^

Because it references Chrysler so much, I'm just going to assume it's the Chrysler engine.

Ryan King
01-12-2012, 02:30 AM
So James, just for mine and everyone else's peace of mind, can you confirm just that DMCH's manufacturing of new DeLorean bodytubs has NOTHING to do with this supposed new manufacturing venture? Please?

Houston has already said it is for the production of the EV DeLoreans to help lighten the load.

Ryan King
01-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Just pictures for reference. The car used to be beautiful, then he destroyed it..

Dangermouse
01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
On a shocking note, it only made #3 on Jalopniks "Worst Celebrity Car Customizations"

http://jalopnik.com/5875472/the-ten-worst-customized-celebrity-cars/gallery/3

Try hard-er next time Will (or go home ;) )

stevedmc
01-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Just pictures for reference. The car used to be beautiful, then he destroyed it..

Man, that car was beautiful. What on earth was he thinking?

I'm sure the inside looks like crap now. Otherwise he would be bragging about it all over the internet/media.

pezzonovante88
01-12-2012, 12:49 PM
On a shocking note, it only made #3 on Jalopniks "Worst Celebrity Car Customizations"

Wow! That MB 300SL made me throw up all over my desk. What a fucking tasteless disgrace. And I'm so fucking sick of people dissing DeLoreans like the way they did in that article.

SoCalDMC12
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM

I would have put the SL in the #1 slot, followed by Will.I.Am's car, followed by the CTS.

On another note: How many of these were done by WWC? At least 3, correct?

SIMid
01-12-2012, 08:16 PM

:lol:

Might make others inspired to any mods to a Delorean, NOT to go down this path.

Kenny_Z
01-12-2012, 09:44 PM
On another note: How many of these were done by WWC? At least 3, correct?

I was thinking the same thing. Those guys should have their tools taken away. Most of the time I do like their interior work but their engine and body work have always left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't recall a single creation that improved on the car's looks.

I agree Pezzonovante88, the writers at Jalopnik have a hatred for the Delorean that I just can't seem to fathom.

Dangermouse
01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I agree Pezzonovante88, the writers at Jalopnik have a hatred for the Delorean that I just can't seem to fathom.

Funny, I've always felt it was the other way round. They mention the car every chance they get: best tail lights, best font; most iconic: albeit with a certain dose of reality.

When this Iamauto car came out, they were all over it for ruining a good Delorean. Heck, this particular top-10 started because of the Iamauto.

The comments in the above story, I took to be from a "reader" rather than a writer.

SoCalDMC12
01-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Funny, I've always felt it was the other way round. They mention the car every chance they get: best tail lights, best font; most iconic: albeit with a certain dose of reality.

When this Iamauto car came out, they were all over it for ruining a good Delorean. Heck, this particular top-10 started because of the Iamauto.

The comments in the above story, I took to be from a "reader" rather than a writer.

+1 if you do s search of their site, there are a ton of very positive posts about the Delorean.

Loach43
01-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Wow! That MB 300SL made me throw up all over my desk.

Agree, an absolute crime against humanity and all things on earth.

Kenny_Z
01-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I guess I mistook the words in that article for Jalopnik's writers.

DMCH James
01-13-2012, 09:48 AM
The WCC blog entry has been deleted - anyone save the text of it?

The new underbodies are intended for the EV project, but I'm sure we can all agree that it'd be better for IAMAUTO to purchase these rather than modify existing DMC cars/underbodies.

James

DMCMW Dave
01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
+1 if you do s search of their site, there are a ton of very positive posts about the Delorean.

In the original article they also quoted DMCTalk as a source of info and pictures proving that the car was a DeLorean rather than "Chrysler Parts".

I agree that over time Jalopnik has been very positive toward the DMC.

Dangermouse
01-13-2012, 10:32 AM
The WCC blog entry has been deleted - anyone save the text of it?

The new underbodies are intended for the EV project, but I'm sure we can all agree that it'd be better for IAMAUTO to purchase these rather than modify existing DMC cars/underbodies.

James

James,

(see post 164)

it was word-for-word the same as the Automobile magazine piece, and so it read a little odd at the end when it references WCC.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/report-black-eyed-peas-singer-wants-to-start-a-car-brand-in-the-ghetto-98675.html#ixzz1icqyJrpO

dvonk
01-13-2012, 11:22 AM
if anyone is looking for an investment opportunity, www.iamauto.com is still available for sale for a scant $60k. :lol:

SIMid
01-13-2012, 08:13 PM
if anyone is looking for an investment opportunity, www.iamauto.com is still available for sale for a scant $60k. :lol:

A drop in the ocean for Bill.

Just got a bad feeling of this venture towards the DMC brand. After this gastly attempt, he should use other cars now, like Corollas, Camrys and Civics.

Ryan King
01-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Just in time for the years Super Bowl!

Farrar
01-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Just in time for the years Super Bowl!

^win.

robvanderveer
01-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Does it come with powder steering 8) (pun intended)

GTODMC
01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
So the good DMC's that are left will be reduced to this. We need to buy up all we can to keep them away from him. And keep DMC fans and owners away fro him if he wants to stay well.

SIMid
01-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Just found out that Bill will be a guest star in the reasonably priced car in the new series of Top Gear UK starting in about 19hrs. I wonder what he will say about his venture and more importantly, the gastly incarnation he created?

I'm sure Clarkson will bag the shit out of the Delorean.:rolleyes1:

Dangermouse
01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Just found out that Bill will be a guest star in the reasonably priced car in the new series of Top Gear UK starting in about 19hrs. I wonder what he will say about his venture and more importantly, the gastly incarnation he created?

:

Bill Robertson and his carb? ;)

SIMid
01-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Bill Robertson and his carb? ;)

LOL imagine that!

Dangermouse
01-30-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm normally a big Clarkson fan, until this turd-pile;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WBWabWHlIPs

"Inspirational" my arse

He even mentions that a D is one of his favorite cars. And Clarkson doesn't call him on it.

jerzybondov
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
To be fair, he's not going to come out and call Will.i.am. a knob is he, even though he's clearly thinking it!

Dangermouse
01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
To be fair, he's not going to come out and call Will.i.am. a knob is he, even though he's clearly thinking it!

maybe not call him a knob, but don't call him "inspirational" either. I'm really surprised that he didn't throw in a sly comment "you know Will, that's a great looking car. Has a touch of the DeLorean in the door design" perhaps.

In reflection, he is clearly been told what he can and cannot say/do to get W.I.A on the show. Even as far as procuring an automatic Cee'd car for him. Can't be many of them in the UK.

rundmc
01-30-2012, 04:00 PM
He wants to start a sports car company, but he can't drive a manual, and his strategy is butchering his "favorite car" up as a starting point for his company.

EPIC POSER FAIL

I'd rather all 6,000 DeLoreans get the Time Machine treatment than one more DMC be subjected to his cutters.

stevedmc
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I'd rather all 6,000 DeLoreans get the Time Machine treatment than one more DMC be subjected to his cutters.

Amen.

thirdmanj
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
He wants to start a sports car company, but he can't drive a manual, and his strategy is butchering his "favorite car" up as a starting point for his company.

EPIC POSER FAIL

Damn right. I couldn't agree more.

tyb323
01-30-2012, 06:00 PM

This is something I think even Chad can get behind...
At least the time machine guys don't deny it's a DMC underneath...

Dracula
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
This is something I think even Chad can get behind...
At least the time machine guys don't deny it's a DMC underneath...

And they encourage the 5-speeds. Compared to his abomination, the time machine looks sleek and refined.

rundmc
01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
And they encourage the 5-speeds. Compared to his abomination, the time machine looks sleek and refined.

My thoughts exactly.

The guy just comes off like an extremely weird dude. Just watch him in the interview. He never leans or moves. Only his eyes rove around, and he sits there like an alien kid in the principal's office. Damned creepy.

pezzonovante88
01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
EPIC POSER FAIL

I don't often use the term "epic", but in this case, its called for.

JD DMC 6854
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I recall reading about this in the old forum and just read through this thorough bashing as well. I'm a big fan of WCC and a huge hater of the BEP's and Will.i.am (I even hate typing it). However, if I had his money I could see myself buying 2 DMC's, 1 to keep stock and one to customize. I'm fine with what he's doing since it's looking like SS, the drivetrain is unreal. Again, I like customs so it does look good to me. I do lose a lot of respect for anyone that can't drive a stick shift though (he really cant?). Everyone with 2 hands and feet can, you're just not trying.

As for customizing DeLoreans, I've said before in the old forum that the DMC is one of the 5 best looking stock cars ever made (i'm a big 80's car guy). However, they're not Ferrari's and without the BTTF movies they'd be worth less than a Bricklin so it's more than ok for a guy to customize his D the way he likes. I've creatively researched every type of exterior mod to enhance the aesthetic appearance my D and NOTHING makes it look better than stock. But I do like Will's project and wanted to say that I support it (not his music!).

Dangermouse
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I recall reading about this in the old forum and just read through this thorough bashing as well. I'm a big fan of WCC and a huge hater of the BEP's and Will.i.am (I even hate typing it). However, if I had his money I could see myself buying 2 DMC's, 1 to keep stock and one to customize. I'm fine with what he's doing since it's looking like SS, the drivetrain is unreal. Again, I like customs so it does look good to me. I do lose a lot of respect for anyone that can't drive a stick shift though (he really cant?). Everyone with 2 hands and feet can, you're just not trying.

As for customizing DeLoreans, I've said before in the old forum that the DMC is one of the 5 best looking stock cars ever made (i'm a big 80's car guy). However, they're not Ferrari's and without the BTTF movies they'd be worth less than a Bricklin so it's more than ok for a guy to customize his D the way he likes. I've creatively researched every type of exterior mod to enhance the aesthetic appearance my D and NOTHING makes it look better than stock. But I do like Will's project and wanted to say that I support it (not his music!).

I think the "bashing" is more intense here because with his money, the conversion could have been so much more. Some of the early sketches were really nice - wide body, Audi R8 drive train; what's not to like.

Two rules apply here, of course, to the outcome

1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and
2. It's his car, he can do what he likes with it.

What I find more objectionable is that he is presenting this as his own personal creation, with no mention of either WCC or the DeLorean that it is based on. What's wrong with saying "I had this great vision of what a modern DeLorean would be like, so I commissioned WCC to make my vision a reality on my car".

One rule here:

3. Credit where credit is due

But of course there's always rule 4 - The Golden Rule

4. He who has the gold makes the rules

tyb323
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
However, they're not Ferrari's and without the BTTF movies they'd be worth less than a Bricklin ...

This I would beg to differ on. DeLoreans were engineered much better than Bricklins and have held up better over time. I also have found the DeLorean's styling has a much broader appeal than the awkward bumpered SV1.
Now I'm not knocking Bricklin, but they were operating with many many millions less than DMC had in the bank and as a result, the quality isn't as good. That being said, Bricklin did a hell of a job with his small budget.

So I'd think DMCs would be worth either equal to the SV1, but still probably more due to John DeLorean's celebrity and the better quality, but we will never know!

JD DMC 6854
02-01-2012, 05:47 PM
This I would beg to differ on. DeLoreans were engineered much better than Bricklins and have held up better over time. I also have found the DeLorean's styling has a much broader appeal than the awkward bumpered SV1.
Now I'm not knocking Bricklin, but they were operating with many many millions less than DMC had in the bank and as a result, the quality isn't as good. That being said, Bricklin did a hell of a job with his small budget.

So I'd think DMCs would be worth either equal to the SV1, but still probably more due to John DeLorean's celebrity and the better quality, but we will never know!

I agree with the styling and engineering of the DMC being higher than the bricklin. If you take away the success of the films and keep the negativity from the JZD entrapment trial I speculate that D's would be worth slightly less than the V8 Bricks. We'll never know for sure, but I'd still be wanting a D just based on the looks alone.

JD DMC 6854
02-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I think the "bashing" is more intense here because with his money, the conversion could have been so much more. Some of the early sketches were really nice - wide body, Audi R8 drive train; what's not to like.

Two rules apply here, of course, to the outcome

1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and
2. It's his car, he can do what he likes with it.

What I find more objectionable is that he is presenting this as his own personal creation, with no mention of either WCC or the DeLorean that it is based on. What's wrong with saying "I had this great vision of what a modern DeLorean would be like, so I commissioned WCC to make my vision a reality on my car".

One rule here:

3. Credit where credit is due

But of course there's always rule 4 - The Golden Rule

4. He who has the gold makes the rules

Well put. The car bashing is opinion. The Will.I.am bashing may be more factual. He doesn't sound like he could change a spark plug let alone create a vision of a modern DeLorean.

Kenny_Z
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
What I find more objectionable is that he is presenting this as his own personal creation, with no mention of either WCC or the DeLorean that it is based on.

Maybe WCC wanted to distance themselves from that....car. I know I would...way far away. Like several states away.

I like the drivetrain, he can keep the bodykit. I'd rather drive around in the fiberglass tub.

Jimmyvonviggle
02-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Heard some new bep song today and he mentions DeLorean doors.

knightjp
02-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the finished Delorean???

Nicholas R
02-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the finished Delorean???

This is pretty much the main one and Will.I.Am claims it's a Chrysler.
http://www.sonicnation.ca/files/IAmAuto-637x418.jpg

Read further back in the thread, it's all there.

Mike C.
02-06-2012, 05:46 AM
www.finalgear.com

Download seasion 18 episode 1 torrent of Top Gear. Guess who the siarpc is???? Will.I.Am.A.Fucking.Liar!

Jeremy is talking to him regarding his car collection, states his WCC vette is one of his car company's designs (as I recall from the show Inside West Coast Customs, he presented WCC a rendering, and WCC changed a bunch of shit to make it what it is now) and is part thunderbird...

So of course he chimes in with the I.Am.Autodisaster, and flashes up the I.am.auto.88.

for those who cannot dl a torrent, i will transcribe the conversation:

early in the conversation:

WIA: "...so for the past two years, we've been tooling... the first thing i've done was the thundervette...."

WIA cont: "...from there, we go on and build something from scratch..." (referring to the vette, now stating the delo was built from "scratch"...).

JC pulls up a pic of the car on the monitor, says how it looks like an old maserati quattroporte. "And that's made in California?"

"That's made...down in the ghetto...where I'm from..."

JC: "real-- er.. why--- er--- really?"

WIA starts talking about how he moved every piece of his family out of the ghetto, and now wants to go BACK into his ghetto... blah blah blah.

JC then calls him an inspiration... blah.

Honestly, if taking "automotive journalism" seriously for one second, I know it's not cool to bash your star, but when they are just flat out talking out of their asses, I think he should have called him out.

According to IMDB, Will was born in a housing project in LA, while WCC is in Corona, some 47 miles away. Pretty big ghetto...
I really wonder how WCC feels that Mr. I.Am.Auto keeps taking all creds for that entire car, because now he's telling the same BS story on two continents.

knightjp
02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
This is pretty much the main one and Will.I.Am claims it's a Chrysler.
http://www.sonicnation.ca/files/IAmAuto-637x418.jpg

Read further back in the thread, it's all there.
Perhaps its got a Chrysler engine...:)

But aww.... Poor Delorean. The best modification anyone can do to the exterior, is to leave it alone. Its classic, timeless and should be treated as such... ;)

Dangermouse
02-06-2012, 07:55 AM
[

for those who cannot dl a torrent, i will transcribe the conversation:

Mike - post 214 is a YT clip of said propaganda, I mean, in depth journalistic interview.

Plus, the usual car shot, but with the headlight photoshopped in as 'on'

Mike C.
02-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Ah sweet. Glad they got the clip.

stevedmc
02-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Heard some new bep song today and he mentions DeLorean doors.

Why were you listening to BEP?

dvonk
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Why were you listening to BEP?

+1... :lol:

knightjp
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
+1... :lol:I thought all Delorean drivers just listened to Huey Lewis or Chuck Berry... LOL

MartyP
02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
His new song says:
"I am the future, Delorean doors..."

Cory W
02-07-2012, 12:00 PM
:evil3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIwmJMqrco

Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger must be proud. Notice the Chrysler 300 for the "car" segment....he's going to build something with Chrysler components in the ghetto, right?

Farrar
02-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Everything I have heard by Will.I.Love.Full.Stops sounds like "Listen to this beat. Do you hear it? Listen again. It's awesome. You know this because I have told you it is awesome. Now give me money."

pezzonovante88
02-07-2012, 01:32 PM
:evil3:

Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger must be proud.

Dammit Jagger. STOP SELLIN' OUT!

nullset
02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Wow. That video and song are both truly awful. And I'm not even a grumpy old man yet!

--buddy
PS: You kids better stay off my lawn.

nofear365
02-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Hard like moth* f*c*in liquid swords
Harder than worldwide stadium tours
I am the future, DeLorean doors

???

Dracula
02-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Wow. That video and song are both truly awful. And I'm not even a grumpy old man yet!

--buddy
PS: You kids better stay off my lawn.

Welcome to the club. We're too busy yelling at the aforementioned kids to actually hold meetings, but our secret greeting consists of starting any statement with, "Back in the day..."

thirdmanj
02-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I really hope Mick got paid an exorbitant amount of money to stoop that low.

tyb323
02-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I snagged this screenshot from top gear

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6316/screenshot20120130at550.png

Farrar
02-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Fixed that for ya. ;)

sean
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Fixed that for ya. ;)

Nice :hysterical: