PDA

View Full Version : Relays and Fuses

ccurzio
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm sure a great many of you have already seen (and kept) the very handy diagram of what relays are for what, and what fuses are for what. It's an important tool and many thanks to whoever initially created it, but I was always frustrated by its low resolution, the jpeg compression making it difficult to read the numbers (specifically relay 27 and some fuses), and the overall clunky look of it.

As a result, I went ahead and created a from-scratch PDF vector version of that diagram. The impetus for this project was the desire to have a one-stop shop for DeLorean-related technical information on my iPad. If you're like me and have a dedicated iBooks Collection for DeLorean Technical information (or if you want one), This PDF is a must.

Any oversights or suggestions, please let me know. Enjoy!

Update.

sean
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM
You're missing #36

ccurzio
02-01-2012, 03:07 PM
You're missing #36

I fixed that just as you replied. :)

They (36 and 37) actually were in the original PDF, but the text box wasn't large enough for it to be seen. It's fixed. Thanks.

EDIT: I also noticed the text at the bottom was cut off as well. Should be good to go now.

Jeff K
02-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm sure a great many of you have already seen (and kept) the very handy diagram of what relays are for what, and what fuses are for what. It's an important tool and many thanks to whoever initially created it, but I was always frustrated by its low resolution, the jpeg compression making it difficult to read the numbers (specifically relay 27 and some fuses), and the overall clunky look of it.

As a result, I went ahead and created a from-scratch PDF vector version of that diagram. The impetus for this project was the desire to have a one-stop shop for DeLorean-related technical information on my iPad. If you're like me and have a dedicated iBooks Collection for DeLorean Technical information (or if you want one), This PDF is a must.

Any oversights or suggestions, please let me know. Enjoy!

Nice PDF, thanks for sharing!

Ozzie
02-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Nice PDF, thanks for sharing!

Agree.

Tip: I have had something very much like that, glued to the inside of the wood fuse panel, since I got my car from previous owner. Very, very handy to have it there as a reference. Just saying: You may want to consider doing the same with this PDF.

Dangermouse
02-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Great job Chris.

Now I just need access to a laminator (old school ipad)

Ron
02-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Looks great!

Something that has been a curiosity to me ever since I saw the original version, but I keep forgetting to look/ask-
Do the relays line up like this on all of the later VINs? (If so, when did it change?) Mine has a spare where #27 Fan Relay is here and the rest of the row shifted to the right like the WS manual drawing M:07:02 (There is an empty space but no relay in the drawing and it's called out as #26 in the legend on the previous page.) There is nothing mention in concours manual.

mluder
02-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Very nice... Thanks

whocruiser
04-20-2012, 07:18 PM
I'd heard that there were some variations on the fuse box positions on earlier cars. Anyone know if I need to change anything here to make it correctly reflect my VIN 1150 (which came to me without the plastic cover from it's fuse box, so no help there...) For what it's worth, I do seem to recall 1662 following this layout on it's fuse box cover.

Ron
04-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I'd heard that there were some variations on the fuse box positions on earlier cars. Anyone know if I need to change anything here to make it correctly reflect my VIN 1150 (which came to me without the plastic cover from it's fuse box, so no help there...) For what it's worth, I do seem to recall 1662 following this layout on it's fuse box cover.
Mine is only 7 away on the VIN and it is like this:

AdmiralSenn
04-21-2012, 12:02 AM

I believe the biggest change is the presence or absence of the brake light fuse - at some point it was moved, though I can't remember if it was moved into or out of the fuse box. The other location is under the steering wheel.

mr2nut123
07-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Bit of an old thread I know, but this excellent diagram saved me a lot of hassle late at night here in the UK. Great job, cheers!! :nana2:

Farrar
07-22-2013, 01:58 AM
This is strange. My car has no Fuse #18, and yet the owners manual says the same information as above. The brake lights work...

Rich_NYS
05-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Great diagram, I printed it and keep it in my car....thanks!

(One small detail: there are two "16's" and no "15" in the list of fuse descriptions.)

DMCMW Dave
05-18-2014, 03:05 PM
This is strange. My car has no Fuse #18, and yet the owners manual says the same information as above. The brake lights work...

Your brake light fuse is under the dash just to the right of the brake pedal.

NightFlyer
05-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Great diagram, I printed it and keep it in my car....thanks!

(One small detail: there are two "16's" and no "15" in the list of fuse descriptions.)

I like the one that Ron posted:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2975-Relays-and-Fuses&p=52266&viewfull=1#post52266