PDA

View Full Version : This should be a good laugh.

xjoshsmallx
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Hahaha,
Some guy arrested where I live.

http://www.mugshotsocala.com/?p=112852&disp=mugcard

dvonk
02-03-2012, 01:29 PM
haha, born in '83 as well.

Cory W
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
There is so much wrong you could do with this. Most of it is best not said. :D

Jonathan
02-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Just a thought here, but isn't this sort of site/information exactly why we field so many dumb, obnoxious, and annoying questions about JZD and cocaine? Meaning, if you really are innocent until proven guilty, I feel the whole concept of this website shouldn't exist. Drag a name through the mud before that person is convicted, only because they were charged with something. Not a fan of this really. Just saying.

ebrakespin
02-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Just a thought here, but isn't this sort of site/information exactly why we field so many dumb, obnoxious, and annoying questions about JZD and cocaine? Meaning, if you really are innocent until proven guilty, I feel the whole concept of this website shouldn't exist. Drag a name through the mud before that person is convicted, only because they were charged with something. Not a fan of this really. Just saying.

if only he had a cocaine possession!
EDIT: with intent to sell

DMCVegas
02-04-2012, 02:26 AM
How the hell do you get one charge of resisting arrest WITH violence, and then a second charge of resisting arrest WITHOUT violence?!

If only his middle name was Diemsee...

SamHill
02-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Meaning, if you really are innocent until proven guilty, I feel the whole concept of this website shouldn't exist. Drag a name through the mud before that person is convicted, only because they were charged with something. Not a fan of this really.

One of the things I was surprised to learn from working in the courts was that arrests -- whether successfully prosecuted or not -- CAN stay in the system. Oftentimes, someone will get arrested multiple times and the charges will get dropped for myriad reasons. Maybe the cop screwed up, maybe the system is just overwhelmed with offenders, whatever. If you get arrested and convicted, when it comes time for sentencing the judge will look at the total rap sheet, including those old arrests, and they can take them into account. You might have caught a break one, two or three times, but if you've been arrested multiple times for the same offense, this is the one and only time that a judge can permissibly assume that where there's smoke, there's fire.

I see what you're saying though: putting someone's pic online before a conviction is the equivalent of a "perp walk"... the same thing they did to JZD for the benefit of the press.

As far as the charges that seem to contradict each other: the "without violence" charge is just a "lesser included offense." He both resisted nonviolently by resisting and acting a fool, and THEN resorted to violence during the same encounter. It gives the prosecutor two bites at the apple for conviction, but it also gives the perp a chance to plead to the LESSER charge, accept less of a fine/jail sentence and not have to go through a whole trial, which of course, is very costly to the taxpayer.

DMC3165
02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm just curious how he came across this in the first place?

DavidProehl
02-05-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm just curious how he came across this in the first place?

I have a Google alert setup for the word "DeLorean." A link to his mugshot was in my daily email. Not sure if that is how he found it or not.

xjoshsmallx
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM

Haha, I only posted it due to his name and that he lived where I reside as well, not his race nor charges.

xjoshsmallx
02-05-2012, 10:42 PM
I have a Google alert setup for the word "DeLorean." A link to his mugshot was in my daily email. Not sure if that is how he found it or not.

It was posted on my Facebook wall from a friend who looks at that stuff, again only posted on my wall simply because his name is DeLorean and that happens to be my favorite vehicle.

:whip:

Michael
02-05-2012, 11:33 PM

I personally think arrest records and mug shots should not be made public until if/when they are convicted. There have been too many honest and innocent people who have had their reputation dismantled and lives ruined because of this. It seems the more prominent they are, the more the people eat it up. There is something sick about this culture loves to see successful people fall.

DMCVegas
02-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I personally think arrest records and mug shots should not be made public until if/when they are convicted. There have been too many honest and innocent people who have had their reputation dismantled and lives ruined because of this. It seems the more prominent they are, the more the people eat it up. There is something sick about this culture loves to see successful people fall.

Meh, that goes both ways though. Many times there have been public figures within communities that have been accused and people have just as ignorantly rushed to defend their reputation by publicly acquitting them before a trial begins. And just as innocent people can have their reputations ruined, victims have their reputations ruined as they're are accused as liars and the predators are left stalking the public.

There's no substitute for common sense. Why endanger the rest of us because of other peoples' lack thereof?