PDA

View Full Version : Iron sky?

DMC3165
02-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Ok I know I run the risk of pushing the political boundaries on the boards here but I need some feedback on this. I heard about this film a year ago. But I thought it was a joke. The first trailer looked like some graphic artist with a little extra time dreamed this up and made a 2 min trailer.

However I was stunned yesterday to find out this is actually a real movie! And to top it off its being premiered today in Berlin of all places. The main reason I was surprised about this is the subject matter. While I will admit the film does look kind of cool, I think some might find it offensive. The other interesting thing about this is it has had over 3.5 million hits in 3 days so somebody's interested. Without getting political what are your thoughts?

I'm not in any way endorsing this film or its subject matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

Tamir A.
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I've known about this film for quite awhile. It's an independent smaller film done by a Finish director. Pretty excited about seeing it. It's not a pro Nazi movie by any means. Nazis are just a great universal worldwide villain. So it plays well for this concept.

thirdmanj
02-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Heh........heh..... whaaaat the fuck? That looks interesting...

DMCVegas
02-11-2012, 05:14 PM
This looks AWESOME! Udo Kier always makes a great German villain. If they could have gotten Peter Stormare, it would have been perfect!

I love campy films like this!

DMC5180
02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Interesting to see who the US president is supposed to be.

Mike C.
02-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I've never heard or seen anything about this movie. That is one hell of an interesting concept. Im in.

Michael
02-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Palin vs. Nazis...LOL, this I gotta watch. Looks like its going to be a "Dr. Strangelove-esque" film

Ikeaboy1
02-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Looks awesome. 2012 is going to be a great year for films.

dvonk
02-11-2012, 07:42 PM
interesting, could be sweet if executed properly... i could also see it being cheesy. ill still watch it though. :biggrin:

Dracula
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Very interesting... I don't know what to think, aside from the fact that the Nazis have to have become the most common villainous organization in cinematic history.

thirdmanj
02-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Very interesting... I don't know what to think, aside from the fact that the Nazis have to have become the most common villainous organization in cinematic history.

But you gotta admit, they're pretty snazzy dressers. Even today those uniforms look damn good. Heh heh, Boss, Hugo Boss

DMC3165
02-11-2012, 09:24 PM
But you gotta admit, they're pretty snazzy dressers. Even today those uniforms look damn good. Heh heh, Boss, Hugo Boss

Most people don't know that. Probably something Hugo Boss would like to forget.

Dracula
02-11-2012, 11:29 PM

There's no denying that. Personally, I think that the SS uniforms look stellar in their black with silver accents. I think the fact that they're an easily-recognized enemy that happens to be photogenic really helps.

Most people don't know that. Probably something Hugo Boss would like to forget.

There are many other companies with Nazi ties; Coca-Cola, Siemens, IBM, and who could forget that Hitler was Volkswagen's first celebrity spokesman? Though, that's only a few companies.

DMC3165
09-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Just saw this is available for download on PS Network. Gonna download it now. Anyone else had a chance to see this? Is it worth the $20. bucks to buy it?

Jeff K
09-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Just saw this is available for download on PS Network. Gonna download it now. Anyone else had a chance to see this? Is it worth the $20. bucks to buy it?

I liked it - it reminded me of Dr Strangelove kinda. Great CGI. It was making a political statement, but I'm not sure what it was!