PDA

View Full Version : DCF Event: 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 14-15, 2012

Morpheus
02-13-2012, 09:32 PM
It's that time again! Time to clean up your cars, shine those tires, and open those wallets for a great cause!

The Celebration Exotic Car Festival has become an anticipated yearly event for the Florida DeLorean community, as we tend do have a great showing and a great time which benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Don't have a DeLorean? Dont worry! Come on out and experience millions of dollars of exotic supercars, including offerings from Bugatti, McLaren, Lamborghini, as well as an atmosphere that is truly unique to the town of Celebration. We would also like to extend a hearty invitation to any other delorean enthsiasts or owners from out of the area which may be able to make the trip.

The actual car show is Saturday, April 14, 2012. However the Festival has activities scheduled for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Please check the show website for details of the other dates.

www.celebrationexoticcars.com (http://celebrationexoticcars.com/2012/)

CELEBRATION EXOTIC CAR SHOW 2012 WEEKEND

April 14th - Saturday Car Show, 8:30am to 4:00pm Sponsored by: DeLorean Motor Company Florida!!

Join us for the 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Show to benefit various charities such as the Make A Wish Foundation, Special Olympics, and Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital!

The show kicks off Saturday morning on Main Street in Celebration, FL. Cars begin to arrive at 8:30am. Registration for the show is $50.
Registration is now open at www.celebrationexoticcars.com (http://celebrationexoticcars.com/2012/).
Please register ASAP as space is limited and we came close to reaching that limit last year.

With several new owners in the area and participating this year, we are sure to max out our spaces this year. The Celebration show is without a doubt the largest annual DeLorean show gathering, with 19 owners participating in 2011. The show is hosted by a fellow owner, Jeff Ippoloti.

As a special treat, Tony has graciously offered to pay for HALF the entry fee for the first 10 people to register! That's right!! Once again, the first ten participants to register will receive $25.00 from Tony the day of the show!

Don't forget, you can also call the shop at 239-495-8550 to pre-order your parts for any upcoming jobs!

In addition to the "official" show happenings, DCF will be hosting the following events:

DCF Celebration Post-Show Dinner: Saturday, April 14th, 2012 @ approximately 7PM - ????

For those of us who can't easily afford $125 pp for dinner following the show, we have arranged to have dinner at an authentic Irish Pub & Restaurant!

Laura and I went there to check it out, and were impressed immediately. They have many beers on tap, an outdoor concert area, and live Irish music inside. The menu is rather large, and offers traditional Irish cuisine as well as burgers and such. There is literally something for everyone here, and all ages are welcome. The owners will be reserving "DeLorean only" parking right up front for our group that night, so please post in this thread if you intend to come. This promises to be a fun night for all who attend!

http://www.haganoreillys.com/images/fpstories/rokstories1.jpg

http://www.haganoreillys.com/images/fpstories/fpirishmenu.jpg

http://www.haganoreillys.com/images/phocagallery/insidethepub/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_inside%20the%20pub%20051.jpg

Hagan O'Reillys Irish Pub and Restaurant
16112 Marsh Road, Suite 401
Winter Garden, Florida 34787
(407) 905-IPUB (4782)
http://www.haganoreillys.com/

Here are directions to Hagan O'Reillys from Celebration:
Directions (http://g.co/maps/ft47h)
DCF Post-Celebration Tech Day / Cookout: Sunday, April 15, 2012 10AM-4PM

On Sunday, Laura and I will host a get together the likes of which haven't been seen in several years...

That's right, my friends... we're kicking it old school. This year, we will all meet at:

Momma Shelton's House
1380 Windermere Rd.
Winter Garden, FL 34787

Map location of:
Momma Shelton's House (http://g.co/maps/v3pbw)

For those of you who have taken part in years past, you know that some of our best and most attended events happened there. So, what better place to get 2012 started than where it all began? There's plenty of parking, a covered carport area, and a bevy of collective DMC expertise to assist you!

For lunch, we will be caravanning to 4 Rivers Smokehouse for the best BBQ in Orlando!

Menu information can be found here. (http://www.4rsmokehouse.com/)

Bring your extra chairs, your DeLoreans, and any tools you may need to tackle the small jobs you want to get done to your car. Keep in mind, I no longer live @ this address so my tools won't be available for you to borrow.

Also, be sure to only attempt smallish jobs that can be done in a few hours, as we will need to wrap this up @ 4PM SHARP.

As always, if you have any questions or comments please post them below.

More to come, stay tuned for details!

Attendees for Celebration Car Show:
Brandon & Laura S. w/car parts in pockets
Derek & Jen G. w/car (registered)
Robert G. w/car (registered)
Mikey C. w/car (registered)
Randy w/car (registered)
John C. w/car (registered)
Dan H. w/car (registered)
Lenny w/car (registered)
Randy w/car (registered)

Attendees for Saturday Night Dinner:
Brandon & Laura S.
Derek & Jen G.
Robert G.
Mikey C.
Dan H.
Joe G. & Megan

Attendees for Sunday Tech Day / BBQ Caravan:
Brandon & Laura S.
Derek & Jen G.
Robert G.
Mikey C.
John C.
Dan H.
Joe G.

DeLorean937
02-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Super awesome cowboy. I'm in! Just got the days approved off from work.

-Robert

Morpheus
02-27-2012, 09:27 PM
It should be a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to it.

I must say that the response so far is overwhelming...

Evildeli
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
I responded to the other thread; http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3043-2012-Celebration-Exotic-Car-Festival-April-14-2012-in-Celebration-FL Maybe we should lock one of these threads down to consolidate.

Morpheus
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Hey John,

Are you sure that you and the family wouldn't be interested in dinner this time? We picked this place specifically because it is family friendly; we thought that the main reason we didn't have much dinner participation in the past was due to our less family friendly restaurant selections.

This time we are trying to appeal to everyone's needs, and I think we found a place that really has something for everyone.

AdmiralSenn
03-03-2012, 06:45 PM
I am trying to get the weekend off, we shall see.

I can definitely hit the tech session on Sunday. Can anyone bring a torsion bar jig? I'd like to shift my driver's side door forward a tad and I lack the tools and experience to do it safely.

And as far as the tech session, what should I bring? (besides #3416) 8)

whocruiser
03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm in, just paid the registration fee & am praying that I made Tony's cut for the first ten rebate. I want to also stay over for the Sunday cookout/tech day but ca$h is incredibly tight right now and am not sure if I can swing a hotel room too. Any chance of grabbing a spot on someone's local area sofa on Saturday night after the Irish pub? Failing that, anyone want to go splits with me on a cheapo motel room instead?...

Morpheus
03-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I am trying to get the weekend off, we shall see.

I can definitely hit the tech session on Sunday. Can anyone bring a torsion bar jig? I'd like to shift my driver's side door forward a tad and I lack the tools and experience to do it safely.

And as far as the tech session, what should I bring? (besides #3416) 8)

I can bring the torsion bar jig and breaker bar, but that won't move your door forward. To do that, you're talking about adjusting hinges. I haven't ventured down that road before, so I won't be of much assistance as far as advice.

Morpheus
03-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm in, just paid the registration fee & am praying that I made Tony's cut for the first ten rebate. I want to also stay over for the Sunday cookout/tech day but ca$h is incredibly tight right now and am not sure if I can swing a hotel room too. Any chance of grabbing a spot on someone's local area sofa on Saturday night after the Irish pub? Failing that, anyone want to go splits with me on a cheapo motel room instead?...

It will be good to see you again, Dan!

Laura and I have already claimed mom's couch, but hopefully someone else will chime in and offer you a place.

DeLorean937
03-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Just registered and paid!

sadeeky
03-08-2012, 02:10 PM
It's that time again! Time to clean up your cars, shine those tires, and open those wallets for a great cause!

The Celebration Exotic Car Festival has become an anticipated yearly event for the Florida DeLorean community, as we tend do have a great showing and a great time which benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Don't have a DeLorean? Dont worry! Come on out and experience millions of dollars of exotic supercars, including offerings from Bugatti, McLaren, Lamborghini, as well as an atmosphere that is truly unique to the town of Celebration. We would also like to extend a hearty invitation to any other delorean enthsiasts or owners from out of the area which may be able to make the trip.

The actual car show is Saturday, April 14, 2012. However the Festival has activities scheduled for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Please check the show website for details of the other dates.

www.celebrationexoticcars.com (http://celebrationexoticcars.com/2012/)

CELEBRATION EXOTIC CAR SHOW 2012 WEEKEND

April 14th - Saturday Car Show, 8:30am to 4:00pm Sponsored by: DeLorean Motor Company Florida!!

Join us for the 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Show to benefit various charities such as the Make A Wish Foundation, Special Olympics, and Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital!

The show kicks off Saturday morning on Main Street in Celebration, FL. Cars begin to arrive at 8:30am. Registration for the show is $50.
Registration is now open at www.celebrationexoticcars.com (http://celebrationexoticcars.com/2012/).
Please register ASAP as space is limited and we came close to reaching that limit last year.

With several new owners in the area and participating this year, we are sure to max out our spaces this year. The Celebration show is without a doubt the largest annual DeLorean show gathering, with 19 owners participating in 2011. The show is hosted by a fellow owner, Jeff Ippoloti.

As a special treat, Tony has graciously offered to pay for HALF the entry fee for the first 10 people to register! That's right!! Once again, the first ten participants to register will receive $25.00 from Tony the day of the show!

Don't forget, you can also call the shop at 239-495-8550 to pre-order your parts for any upcoming jobs!

In addition to the "official" show happenings, DCF will be hosting the following events:

DCF Celebration Post-Show Dinner: Saturday, April 14th, 2012 @ approximately 7PM - ????

For those of us who can't easily afford $125 pp for dinner following the show, we have arranged to have dinner at an authentic Irish Pub & Restaurant!

Laura and I went there to check it out, and were impressed immediately. They have many beers on tap, an outdoor concert area, and live Irish music inside. The menu is rather large, and offers traditional Irish cuisine as well as burgers and such. There is literally something for everyone here, and all ages are welcome. The owners will be reserving "DeLorean only" parking right up front for our group that night, so please post in this thread if you intend to come. This promises to be a fun night for all who attend!

http://www.haganoreillys.com/images/fpstories/rokstories1.jpg

http://www.haganoreillys.com/images/fpstories/fpirishmenu.jpg

http://www.haganoreillys.com/images/phocagallery/insidethepub/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_inside%20the%20pub%20051.jpg

Hagan O'Reillys Irish Pub and Restaurant
16112 Marsh Road, Suite 401
Winter Garden, Florida 34787
(407) 905-IPUB (4782)
http://www.haganoreillys.com/

Here are directions to Hagan O'Reillys from Celebration:
Directions (http://g.co/maps/ft47h)
DCF Post-Celebration Tech Day / Cookout: Sunday, April 15, 2012 10AM-4PM

On Sunday, Laura and I will host a get together the likes of which haven't been seen in several years...

That's right, my friends... we're kicking it old school. This year, we will all meet at:

Momma Shelton's House
1380 Windermere Rd.
Winter Garden, FL 34787

Map location of:
Momma Shelton's House (http://g.co/maps/v3pbw)

For those of you who have taken part in years past, you know that some of our best and most attended events happened there. So, what better place to get 2012 started than where it all began? There's plenty of parking, a covered carport area, and a bevy of collective DMC expertise to assist you!

This year, Laura and I will be providing the hot dogs & hamburgers. Drinks, chips & sides will be done potluck-style. We will post up a list of needed items, and you just sign up for whatever you want to bring.

Bring your extra chairs, your DeLoreans, and any tools you may need to tackle the small jobs you want to get done to your car. Keep in mind, I no longer live @ this address so my tools won't be available for you to borrow.

Also, be sure to only attempt smallish jobs that can be done in a few hours, as we will need to wrap this up @ 4PM SHARP.

As always, if you have any questions or comments please post them below.

More to come, stay tuned for details!

Iam very interested in joining DCF but I tried twice to email the contact on the website but I get no response. Please tell me how do I join

AdmiralSenn
03-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I can bring the torsion bar jig and breaker bar, but that won't move your door forward. To do that, you're talking about adjusting hinges. I haven't ventured down that road before, so I won't be of much assistance as far as advice.

I think with a few of us we can figure it out. From my understanding the hard part is getting the torsion bar un-tensioned. From there it's just an awkward maneuver to loosen the hinges and shift a teeny hair at a time while not dropping the unsupported door.

Evildeli
03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey John,

Are you sure that you and the family wouldn't be interested in dinner this time? We picked this place specifically because it is family friendly; we thought that the main reason we didn't have much dinner participation in the past was due to our less family friendly restaurant selections.

This time we are trying to appeal to everyone's needs, and I think we found a place that really has something for everyone.

I didn't realize there were issues with restaurant choices in the past, and usually you guys hit the cigar bar after anyways. I feel incredibly guilty if I leave the wife and kid alone all day while I'm off with my hobby, which is why I tend to skip out on the last events of the day. Since my wife is Irish I thought for sure I would have gotten her interested but she just wasn't interest at the time (could be the whole pregnancy thing). I figured since we're doing the tech meet the next day it wouldn't be a big deal. I can keep trying with her though.

sadeeky
03-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Iam very interested in joining DCF but I tried twice to email the contact on the website but I get no response. Please tell me how do I join

Mike C.
03-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Brandon and his wife are on a cruise until Tomorrow and have been out of contact. I have emailed him and let him know you are to be registered.

-Mike

sadeeky
03-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Awesome!!!! thanks Mike

Mike C.
03-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

We are officially less than a month away from Celebration weekend! As of today, we have 8 cars registered, so two you still have time to get in for HALF the registration fee.

Please remember, Early Registration discounts end March 25th! So if you are on the fence about attending, please make sure you register before then.

I know DCS is just a couple of months away, but Celebration is its own great car show that benefits many needy charities. We hope to see you there!!

DMage
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
One more registration in. That means one spot left for Tony's half price discount!

Morpheus
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Hmm, I wonder if I can register just my frame...:biggrin:

whocruiser
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Hmm, I wonder if I can register just my frame...:biggrin:

Even without any discount offers, half price for half a car would certainly sound fair to me...

Morpheus
03-27-2012, 10:06 AM
We're just a couple of weeks out from this show, so now's the time to let us know which events you will be attending!

In order to buy food for everyone, I need a fairly accurate number of those attending the tech day. I can call the restaurant the day of and let them know how many are coming.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all @ Celebration!

Mike C.
03-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I will definitely be there for the tech day/pic-a-nic.

Morpheus
03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I just updated the first post to reflect who is attending what. If I need to make a correction, post here to let me know.

Mike C.
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh, I guess i'll go to the car show and the dinner.... lol

Morpheus
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL fixed it.

DMage
03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Fixed first post:

Attendees for Celebration Car Show:
Brandon & Laura S. w/car parts in pockets

:)

Morpheus
03-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Haha!

whocruiser
03-30-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm planning on doing the whole thing, show, dinner, picnic. I've already given the boss notice that I'll be away both Sat & Sun, but still have not sorted out a place to stay on Sat night. If no one volunteers an empty sofa or spare room by tomorrow I'll arrange for a hotel room. And if I do arrange for a hotel room, I'm actively recruiting anyone else to come split it with me to $ave a few bucks...

DMage
03-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Dan - added you onto the list.

Sorry my resident couch crasher (Robert) already marked his territory. And our spare room is in the process of being converted to a baby room.

And the closest baby smiley I could find: :elmo1:

whocruiser
03-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Dan - added you onto the list.
And our spare room is in the process of being converted to a baby room.

Congratulations, I hadn't heard the news yet! :yesss:

Morpheus
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Greetings everyone!

I wanted to update you all on a small change in the Tech Day schedule:

For lunch, we will be caravanning to 4 Rivers Smokehouse for the best BBQ in Orlando!

Menu information can be found here. (http://www.4rsmokehouse.com/)

For those of you who haven't yet indulged in this place, you are in for some damn awesome food. I have changed the first post in the thread to reflect this change.

Beachdrifter
04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I won't be able to make the dinner or tech session, but looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. Last time I went was in 2007, so it will be fun to catch up with everyone!

--Randy

:race:

TheDon
04-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Put me down for myself and Megan for Saturday. And me for Sunday.

I live in winter garden and have a good assortment of tools,a jack, stands. Etc. let me know what you need and I'll bring

TheDon
04-06-2012, 06:42 PM
I think have my torsion bar jig to Brandon.

Morpheus
04-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I think have my torsion bar jig to Brandon.

Yep, I'll be bringing it on Sunday.

TheDon
04-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Good news everybody, I'll be able to make it to the car show with Megan. We'll come hang out with everyone.

whocruiser
04-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Just booked the hotel room for Saturday night, have a second bed and looking for anyone else who'd like to share the room. Travelodge by intersection of 192 & Poinciana, cheap but adequate with breakfast & wifi free. Drop me a note if interested...

Evildeli
04-09-2012, 10:09 AM
First off, Hellz yeah to 4R! If you haven't tried it yet, you're in for a treat.

I talked to the wife again about Saturday's dinner and she actually brought up a good point. If the show ends at 4pm, why is the dinner at 7pm? I understand if some people wanna go back to their house or hotel to freshen up, but for me it takes about an hour to drive to Cel. so it seems pointless to go home and come back. The alternative leaves me sitting around for almost 3 hours. Throw a kid into the mix, and I can understand why she wasn't interested. If we did an earlier dinner @5 I'm pretty sure I could get my family on board, but please don't change the plans just for me.

At the tech I've got 2 possible projects. I have new rotors for the front that I would like to work on. I ended up not having a 36'er to take the wheel bolt off and so I've held off on this one. The other project are my doors. I replaced all my struts and my doors still don't go up all the way(that's what she said). If the jig is making a cameo maybe I should get my doors adjusted, although I've had my doors done before. I'll have to have you guys look at them at the show and tell me if it's worth it. I'm not suggesting I do both projects, and the rotors includes bleeding the brakes after everything is put back together.

Morpheus
04-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Originally the intent was for everyone not to have to rush right out after the show, and to allow time for people to relax/shower/change/freshen up if they wanted to. I know that at past shows it has been balls-hot out and by the end of the day everyone is sweaty and miserable.

Considering some people live further out than others, it's understandable that the time frame might not be practical.

If everyone would rather just go eat right after the show, I'm sure it won't be a problem. We'll see what everyone wants to do after the show.

As for the projects, the doors are going to be an easy one. The brakes might be a challenge. On every car I have worked on, the front bearings have fallen apart when pulling the assembly off the spindle. If your bearings are newer, it might not be a problem. Your call, but I would hate for you not to be able to drive home. If you are unsure, you could always order a set of front hubs from Hervey w/expedited shipping so they are here by the weekend.

Lenny
04-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Cindy and I would be interested in meeting at 4:00 or so. We're staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I'll tell you what's going to happen. We would get to the room AC Shower, then we'ed be done.

So I rather do something right after the show.

AdmiralSenn
04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I will be there for sure on Sunday, barring Christine-related mechanical failure.

I may not need a door adjustment - it might just be the roof box - but I still need to be able to undo the torsion bars. I'm bringing as many of my tools as I can cram into the trunk.

DeLorean937
04-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm in as well! Jon, I have the 36mm bit you need to replace the rotors. If you still want to knock out replacing the rotors, let me know and i'll bring it with me. I've replaced mine, so with our heads together it'll be a quick job.

I dont think I have any projects yet, although i'm sure i'll find something...

Evildeli
04-10-2012, 09:46 AM
I hadn't planned on parts failing or breaking when dissembling, namely those wheel bearings. And although Momma Shelton rocks, I'm pretty sure she won't want another disassembled D to look at ;) Let's skip the rotor job. I can always do that by myself.

DMage
04-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Four rivers...mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

whocruiser
04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Cross posted from the for sale section for the possible benefit of anyone attending the Celebration show and/or club gatherings who may want to take advantage of this opportunity on the BTTF model I'm currently E-baying...

Brought it home from the souvenir shop next to the BTTF ride at Universal Studios Florida back in the 90s. I opened the shrink wrap way back then to look inside the box, but I never built it and it's in like new condition otherwise. Also have over 40 Laserdisc video titles currently listed, a couple of classic Hallmark Star Trek Christmas tree ornaments, a really neat classic Warner brothers character (Buggs, Tweety & Taz) wristwatch and a, er, most unusual Monty Python collectible that has to be seen to be believed, LOL. Follow the link for a list of all of my current items on E-bay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=320883245570&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_ssn=whocruiser&_ipg=200&rt=nc

It has occurred to me that since bidding on this item will close mid day while I am showing my car out at the Celebration Exotic Car Show I can, if any potentially interested bidders will also be there, take the model along with me to be picked up in person by the winning bidder should they be there too. Anyone interested please let me know in advance just in case you want to have it in your hands instantly (and save the postage cost too!)

Lenny
04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Brandon,
I'm going to try and stop by the Tech Session on Sunday. I won't be able to stay long I have to stop by my mom's house on the way home.

Do me a favor stop by my car at the show and in general conversation "Ask my wife if we are stopping by on Sunday".

That way I can say "well honey you told him we would be stopping by, it would be rude to not show up" :thumbup2:

Morpheus
04-10-2012, 01:57 PM
^You got it, buddy. ;)

whocruiser
04-11-2012, 08:49 AM

That's one more river than the famous stadium, Pittsburgh fans would be very jealous, LOL!

dvonk
04-11-2012, 11:58 PM

am i the only one who immediately thought of this?...

River #1:
http://images.wikia.com/firefly/images/5/5c/Serenity_River_confronted.png

River #2:
http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/off_pics/Summer_Glau_images/Summer_Glau_Serenty_Point.jpg

River #3:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/weirdpixie/ollapodrida/serenity_river.jpg

River #4:
http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/off_pics/Summer_Glau_images/Summer_Glau_Sword_sm.jpg

:biggrin:

whocruiser
04-12-2012, 08:26 AM
...you can't take the ribs from me...

Lenny
04-12-2012, 09:04 AM
I found this and don't remember who sent it to me last year.

Prepping your car for Celebration

• Wash your car. Preferably wash your vehicle the evening before or the morning of Celebration. Make sure there are no water spots, streak marks, etc. Pay attention to areas like the wheel wells, rims, tires, glass, front bumpers. If you are traveling a long distance, make sure to remove any road debris or insects.
• Detail your vehicle. This should be done prior to arriving at the show. You are permitted to detail your car up to the arrival of the judges for judging. Pay attention again to areas like glass, finger prints, etc. Shine up your stainless.
• Trash removal- Remove items such as drink cups, fast food bags, napkins, etc… from your show car. If your doors are up, please have a clean passenger compartment.
• Personal Items, trunk space, etc… - Please leave excessive items at home, or in your hotel room. Do not empty out your trunk and store the items behind or under your car at the car show. We need our area to look as neat and uniform as possible. If you do not need it at the car show, please don’t bring it! If you MUST leave items in your trunk, please do NOT display your trunk! Keep it closed! If you have items in your passenger compartment, please show your car with the doors DOWN. These areas are also going to be judged, so be aware!
• Personal Displays, signs, etc. are not encouraged. We know there is a lot of memorabilia out for the DeLorean, but again we are striving to appear to be uniform. Giant display boards, etc. may be full of great information, but can distract from the show area.

Judging: What do the judges look at??

Judging criteria: What areas are going to be looked at?
Basically, your whole car is going to be looked at. We will be normally checking:
1. Body grain- is it straight? Any off patterns?
2. Body panels- dents?
3. Door struts and torsion bars- do the doors open properly?
4. Door alignment- do the doors close properly?
5. Power windows- functioning?
6. Electrical systems/lighting system check: do your headlights (all 4), turn signals, hazards, parking lamps, tail lamps, reverse lights all work? Door marker lights work? (NOTE: These do NOT have to be on during the entire show!! This is just a quick functionality check)
7. Windshield, side mirrors- any cracks?
8. Horn operation- does it go beep beep, or does it go meep meep?
9. Engine- we will ask you to start your car to hear how it idles/starts. Any smoking?
10. Engine compartment- louvers and engine cover- do they stay up on their own?
11. Frame condition/exterior trim- is your frame showing excessive corrosion? Is the body trim in good condition?
12. Wheels and tires- How is the finish on your rims? Any paint peeling? Condition of center caps/center caps present?
13. Fascia’s- painted the proper color? Excessive eyebrows/ condition of paint
14. Trunk- condition of fiberglass, condition of the carpet. Decals? (Metal decals are ok!)
15. Tool kit/manuals- Do you have them? This is just a verbal verification, as it is challenging to get to the tool kit sometimes.
16. Interior:
a. Seats- condition? Tears?
b. Carpet- Condition? Rips/discolorations/worn spots?
c. Center console- all switches present? Clock- is it present and operational? (not sure if we can deduct for this because they are hard to get)
d. Dashboard and binnacle- Any discoloration? Cracks? Canyons? Etc…
e. Headliners- Sagging, drooping, tears, discolorations?
f. Condition of door seals
g. Aftermarket head units ok. Overblown speaker boxes are a deduction.
h. Steering wheel/ knee pad conditions
i. AC Panel
j. Door Straps/Door panels
17. . Miscellaneous: Any loose trim? Loose items, etc…

Beachdrifter
04-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Had a great time all! Was fun to see everyone after so many years. DCF owners are such a nice group of folks, thanks for making it even more enjoyable!

Great looking cars everyone! I was impressed!

Also a shout out to DMCFL for their support!

AdmiralSenn
04-16-2012, 09:37 PM
The tech day was fun too, even though I missed the first part. I have been introduced to Chipotle and will never be the same again.

whocruiser
04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I have been introduced to Chipotle and will never be the same again.

They are indeed delicious, but I still say that Moe's is better :worship:

TheDon
04-16-2012, 11:02 PM
I do prefer moes but chipotle is good. Next time, smoked brisket and deep field Oreos. Plus froyo

Lenny
04-17-2012, 11:50 AM
I talked to a photographer from a local newspaper. I think it was called Osceola something or other. he was taking photos of our cars and really liked Deloreans.

Anyway does anyone know if there was anything in the paper about us?

Morpheus
04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I want to thank everyone for their participation this weekend! This year's show was an absolute success, and with the exception of Four Rivers being closed on Sunday (seriously, WTF?), a good time was had by all.

Stay tuned for more DCF goodness!

Mike C.
04-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Learned a very valuable lesson Sunday.... Chipotle burrito bowl right before a 3.5 hour drive REALLY isn't recommended!!!

AdmiralSenn
04-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Speak for yourself! I had no ill effects except a happy stomach.

DMage
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Moe's taste like foot. Enough said on the burrito topic! :)

Nice hanging out with everyone this weekend, and meeting some new faces!

Adam - I ended up picking up one of those cadillac boxes after we talked at the tech day. Found the old thread on here to wire it up. Thanks for the info!

kkoncelik
04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
I had a great time. The show itself was great and other than a drizzle or two in the AM the day was perfect. A bit overcast and cooler so the whole day was enjoyable.
Nice to see our DeLoreans with all those other cars.

For those of you that missed the Saturday dinner it was awesome. I have been to several of them and this one I think topped all.
Great job
See you next year

Ken

AdmiralSenn
04-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Moe's taste like foot. Enough said on the burrito topic! :)

Nice hanging out with everyone this weekend, and meeting some new faces!

Adam - I ended up picking up one of those cadillac boxes after we talked at the tech day. Found the old thread on here to wire it up. Thanks for the info!

No problem dude.

Welcome to the tiny circle of owners who have functional door alarms that don't sound like asthmatic goats choking on kazoos.

It's a small, elite community. I bid you welcome.

Morpheus
04-21-2012, 10:24 AM

Could you write up a how to on this mod? I would be interested in trying it as well.

sadeeky
04-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I want to thank everyone for their participation this weekend! This year's show was an absolute success, and with the exception of Four Rivers being closed on Sunday (seriously, WTF?), a good time was had by all.

Stay tuned for more DCF goodness!

Cool any DCF events in May?

Morpheus
04-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Cool any DCF events in May?

Not at the moment. We are planning a pre-DCS tech session, however. As I said, stay tuned.

AdmiralSenn
04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Could you write up a how to on this mod? I would be interested in trying it as well.

It's not very clean (no step by step) but this thread contains all the info you need: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1349-annoying-buzzer

If I have time this week I'll try to write it up more neatly and post it in the how tos. Welmoed's diagram is the most useful.

Lenny
05-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Who gave me my award?

Morpheus
05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I heard someone at the show say it was Kat DeLorean, but that's certainly not her in the pics. I was too busy taking pics to see the presenter.

Lenny
05-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I heard someone at the show say it was Kat DeLorean, but that's certainly not her in the pics. I was too busy taking pics to see the presenter.

I uploaded a better picture Tell me if you know why it's better?

Also look at the name of the picture and see if it's appropriate?