PDA

View Full Version : Operation DCS12 Wolf Pack: ***WAS Any SEDOC going to DCS and want a Co-Pilot?***

sean
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Looking like my Family wont be going to Orlando with me and curious if anyone wants someone to share the ride with or even share a room. I have a room reserved already but figured Id ask in case anyone else is going solo.

dmc6960
02-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Looking like my Family wont be going to Orlando with me and curious if anyone wants someone to share the ride with or even share a room. I have a room reserved already but figured Id ask in case anyone else is going solo.

I'll throw myself out there as a maybe. Couldn't tell 100% but it seems your asking for a ride for yourself, not a co-pilot for your own car, right? I have yet to break the news to my wife that I cannot afford to take her with (however I already got the hint she didn't care to go since the kids can't come with), and then splitting a room while there would be even more beneficial. If nobody else more local to you steps up I'll put myself out there as a possibility. You wouldn't be *too* far out of the way, I'll be coming down I-75. Alternatively, are there any busses going in/out of Atlanta from where you live?

sean
02-15-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll throw myself out there as a maybe. Couldn't tell 100% but it seems your asking for a ride for yourself, not a co-pilot for your own car, right? I have yet to break the news to my wife that I cannot afford to take her with (however I already got the hint she didn't care to go since the kids can't come with), and then splitting a room while there would be even more beneficial. If nobody else more local to you steps up I'll put myself out there as a possibility. You wouldn't be *too* far out of the way, I'll be coming down I-75. Alternatively, are there any busses going in/out of Atlanta from where you live?

Im looking to sit in the passenger's seat and split gas, even room if someone wants to share that too. I was thinking one or two local guys would be going but im not opposed to Minnesota owner :D. I'd drive myself before I take a bus.

Dangermouse
02-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Alternatively, are there any busses going in/out of Atlanta from where you live?

:histerical1:

Ryan
02-15-2012, 06:55 PM

Do we dare??

Michael
02-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Do we dare??

I see where this would go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io30s7-5VaQ

sean
02-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Do we dare??

Hey man you drive, I'll DJ and we'll party hard in Orlando!

Dangermouse
02-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey man you drive, I'll DJ and we'll party hard in Orlando!

Hangover Pt 3

DL4567
02-15-2012, 08:14 PM
PM sent.

ccurzio
02-15-2012, 08:55 PM
I might be able to do this depending on my schedule. I'd be more than happy to help you out considering how much help you've been to me. I've been on the fence about going to DCS anyway.

aludden
02-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm going, and it would be great if you'd ride with me!
I already booked a room - found a hotel 1.5 mi away for $59.
Was planning to arrive Friday and leave Sunday, but I can change that.
Send me a PM if that sounds OK with you.
Alex

sean
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM
So Derek came up with the pretty genius idea to get two more folks on board to ride down with us to DCS. Right now we have a two double bed room at the host hotel for Friday/Saturday night and plan on heading to Orlando early Friday morning and coming back Sunday. we could probably get a cot or two added to our room or you can stay at your own place but think of the fun to be had if we all go down together, not to mention the $$$ saved! So, who wants in on the the DCS12 Wolf Pack?!?!?

Bikercmbc
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
as of now I plan to take the week off and go to a beach and drop my D off at dmcFL to get a new appraisial for insurance and meet up later in the week. if these plans change between now and closer to the show ill be down to be apart of the dcs wolfpack.

aludden
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I could come down to Atlanta on Thursday and be ready for a Friday AM departure, but the events start at 4:30PM on Friday. At what time were you planning to leave?

sean
02-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I could come down to Atlanta on Thursday and be ready for a Friday AM departure, but the events start at 4:30PM on Friday. At what time were you planning to leave?

TBD. But if we need to be there and checked in for a 4:30 event we should probably leave by 8:00 but id honestly say 7:00 to get past the ATL's traffic.

aludden
02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Hmmm... I will give it some more thought. My plan really was to be in Valdosta or further south by Thursday evening, and then arrive in Orlando at the latest by noon. And to take it easy Sunday, leaving in the early afternoon. Anyway, there's still time to plan!

sean
02-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Hmm, It aint a deal breaker but we could head down Thursday evening, maybe share the driving, and stay in a cheap place thursday night. We'll see how things turn out as we get closer to the event and how Derek feels about it.

Bikercmbc
03-22-2012, 07:40 PM
well my plans have kind of changed. im not going to take a week off. so if there is room ill buy into the wolf pack room and meet you all where ever and when ever in atl. im brining my parent yukon and trailering the delorean down so if people need a ride to the show i will be willing to pick anyone up along 75 south between knoxville and orlando. we can also use the yukon to throw bags and crap in, if you dont want them in the deloreans

sean
03-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Well that may complete the pack right there! I talked to Eric last week and he may be in too. That would put 4 of us in a room and probably plenty. Mnid you Eric has not fully committed but he is interested.

sean
04-25-2012, 04:41 PM
I got confirmation that Eric is in. So that puts us at 3 in a car and 4 in a room. I'm assuming Kyle is still in for the room, if not then we may have an opening otherwise the pack is set. :D

Bikercmbc
04-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm still in with the room. Let me know how you want to do money. I'm not bringing a Delorean this time. Just a lot easier and cheaper to fly down for me. So my plane is leaving thurs morning so I'll be there when you all get there.

DL4567
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Kyle, do you have lodging in Orlando for Thurs night? Because if I understand things correctly, Sean released his reservation for Thursday night, since we were planning on starting the drive to Orlando Friday morning. This may all be settled between you guys already, but I just want to mention it in case you were counting on being in the room Thurs night.

sean
04-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Derek's right, I already released my Thursday night room. We won't be there until Friday as I have it.

Bikercmbc
04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Shouldn't be a big deal my cousin lives there. If not I'll be able to switch my flight to fri

Bikercmbc
04-25-2012, 09:55 PM
So plane tickets are not available on fri so I guess I'll just drive down with you all. Is there room in the car or do I need to drive also?

sean
04-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Double check with Derek but i think we can comfortably fit 4 in his whip.

Bikercmbc
04-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Ok. If there isn't big enough we could all fit in my car or end up having to take two cars and have plenty of room

DL4567
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Sure! It's a 740iL, so it seats 4 very comfortably. I'm assuming no one is bringing a big suitcase? Just weekend bags? Should be able to fit 4 small bags in the trunk easily. I know that Alex (aludden) was possibly interested in riding with us (see posts above from a couple months ago) but he hasn't said anything in a while, so as of now it's all yours if you want it Kyle. Of course, we could take your car instead (or both) if you'd rather do that. Either way is fine with me.

Bikercmbc
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah we should all fit. Apparently Sean wasn't kidding when he said whip. My car is smaller but if we need to bring Alex I can drive my car. I was thinking he was bringing his car down but just driving in a group with us, I could be wrong.

DL4567
04-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Haha, well don't be "too" impressed. It's getting up there in age and miles (1997 and approx 200k) but I try to keep it in good shape. Just giving you a picture of how we'll fit on the drive.
I wonder if Alex is even still interested in somehow going with us, as he seemed to indicate he wanted to head down there Thursday instead of Friday. Maybe he'll chime in here with an update...

sphiend
05-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I've booked a room over at pop century resort but plan to attend Friday night and Saturday. Not bringing Audrey2 this go around..

aludden
05-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Haha, well don't be "too" impressed. It's getting up there in age and miles (1997 and approx 200k) but I try to keep it in good shape. Just giving you a picture of how we'll fit on the drive.
I wonder if Alex is even still interested in somehow going with us, as he seemed to indicate he wanted to head down there Thursday instead of Friday. Maybe he'll chime in here with an update...

Hello!
Sorry, I've been out of town and just got back. I'm still planning to drive my D, but haven't worked out the specifics yet. And I've still got work to do on it! 5 weeks left!
Have you worked out when you are leaving? I may still start heading down Thursday, so if you see a D on the side of the road, hopefully it won't be me! :-)
Alex

sean
05-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Hello!
Sorry, I've been out of town and just got back. I'm still planning to drive my D, but haven't worked out the specifics yet. And I've still got work to do on it! 5 weeks left!
Have you worked out when you are leaving? I may still start heading down Thursday, so if you see a D on the side of the road, hopefully it won't be me! :-)
Alex

Unfortunately due to work I'm having to back out of DCS all together, it's killing me! I've sent the wolf pack a pm concerning this. I do know that Eric is now out too, I really talked him into it in the first place. Very tough pill to swallow.

aludden
05-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately due to work I'm having to back out of DCS all together, it's killing me! I've sent the wolf pack a pm concerning this. I do know that Eric is now out too, I really talked him into it in the first place. Very tough pill to swallow.

Oooh, that's a bummer! Sorry!

Dangermouse
05-07-2012, 08:18 AM

Sorry to hear that. I know you would have quite enjoyed it.

DL4567
05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Not sure if there's any point in posting this, since everyone must have seen this thread many times by now, but just want to put it out there that there are 1-2 seats available again to ride from Atlanta to Orlando for DCS. Leaving Friday morning, coming back Sunday.

Dangermouse
05-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Not sure if there's any point in posting this, since everyone must have seen this thread many times by now, but just want to put it out there that there are 1-2 seats available again to ride from Atlanta to Orlando for DCS. Leaving Friday morning, coming back Sunday.

I may be going, so we might join you. What time Friday are you thinking of leaving.

Any thoughts about going down Thursday evening?

DL4567
05-15-2012, 01:08 PM
According to the schedule on the DCS website, the Friday events "officially" start at 4:30.
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/events-friday.php

It's about a 7 hour drive to get there, so we should be leaving around 7 or 8 am, in order to have enough time to not stress and check in to our room, and be ready to join the fun by 4:30. I'm not totally against going Thursday evening, but my reservation with the Hilton is only Fri and Sat night. Would need to find another hotel for Thurs night.

I should mention that I'm most likely bringing the wife along since Sean and Eric had to drop out. Don't know if that changes anything as the car seats 5, but only 4 "comfortably." (there's somewhat of a hump in the middle of the backseat) Do you have a hotel room Dermot?

Bikercmbc
05-15-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm still in to ride down with you Derek. We can take my car if we want to,v6 probably better gas. I can come down later thurs evening and leave early fri or we can drive half way thrs night it doesn't matter to me

Dangermouse
05-15-2012, 01:30 PM
I guess it has been my experience that Orlando is a 9 hour trip, though that does allow for lunch/gas stops etc with kids. I would maybe plan on 8.

My son will probably be coming with me. Would that be 6 in total then?

I could bring the minivan (2010 Grand Caravan) which seats 7, but 6 in comfort for such a trip. Depends on how you look at it - back seats won't be as comfortable as the BMW for 2, but much better for 4 ;)

If you & Spouse & Kyle & another are in the 740, then I'll be taking it anyway.

I have reserved a room Thur/Fri/Sat just in case.

DL4567
05-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Hehe Kyle, don't worry I didn't forget about you! :)

Dermot, that's a very tempting proposition with the minivan. Sounds like it would be the ideal "party bus," keeping us all together and able to talk during the drive. I'm all for leaving the BMW at home and chipping in for gas if your van seats so many. The only downside would be less freedom in Orlando, should anyone need to go somewhere in town. That isn't an issue while DCS is going on, but there is a possibility that one of my friends might come along with the wife and I (which is still ok with the number of seats), but we were thinking of spending Sunday and Monday hitting a couple of theme parks. The extra friend nor the theme parks are concrete at this time, but if it does happen we might bring the car anyway and maybe caravan with you. But if no theme parks (friend or no friend) I think riding in the van together would be fun. I might be able to add Thursday back on to my reservation...

Of course, we can really go over the details at lunch tomorrow, just keeping the thread updated for Kyle.

Dangermouse
06-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Okay, it is now June. I've just driven up and down to Orlando, and am looking forward to doing it again in a few days (470 miles - 8 hours, btw, with minimal stops on the way down, closer to 9 on the way back, partially due to longer breaks, but mostly because it is obviously uphill)

Let's confirm who is going and interested in this

me +1 (maybe leave Thursday night or Fri morn, returning Sunday defo)