PDA

View Full Version : General 2930 Lives again!

nullset
02-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Today, I decided to fix the various leaks in 2930 and get her roadable again.

For once, a complete success! The o-ring in the transmission dip stick was thoroughly eaten. I replaced that, pressure tested the coolant system, tightened a loose clamp, reinstalled the battery, jump started her, and voila, a happy marsha!

She roared to life beautifully. She still needs new weather seals, probably a new battery (actually, I stole her battery for my daily driver…….)

I also reinstalled the bolts I'd borrowed from her steering linkage. I'm not quite ready to test drive her again yet, but I will be soon. I need to register and insure it, then reinstall the seat belts and bolt the seats back down firmly……

Maybe I'll bring her to the March meetup!

I'm _really_ tempted to convert her to a manual, if I can find the parts.

I've also got a new lower crank case and oil pan coming, so that I can start working on the 3.0 engine I have, to eventually go into one of my cars. I haven't decided which car will be getting the beefier engine yet…..

--buddy

dvonk
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
good news! youll have to post a video of the engine running. :smile:

nullset
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
good news! youll have to post a video of the engine running. :smile:

Get me drunk enough and I'll show you the videos I made when I first was trying to get it to run……

Hint: there are at least four where I say "and this is the first time I've _EVER_ tried to turn the engine over!"

[and in one of them it actually turns over…..]

She does sound quite a bit meaner than my driver. I'm not sure why.

Also, the engine stutters a bit if I rev it while it's cold. Once it warms up, all is well. I need to figure that one out. And figure out why the otterstat isn't working, and none of the dash gauges are working……

--buddy

dvonk
02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
i think i remember a video of you cranking the engine at Freeside (is that the name?) a little while after you got 2930. if i recall correctly you were trying to troubleshoot something...

forgive my DeLorean ignorance. it shall be remedied as soon as monetarily possible. :lol:

Farrar
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
I haven't decided which car will be getting the beefier engine yet…..

My suggestion: put it in the automatic. If my memory is correct, the flexplate is a perfect match. Plus the auto could use the better low-end torque more than the standard, in my humble opinion.

Congrats on all of your success!