PDA

View Full Version : General One year since first start up

Masaes727
06-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Today is the one year anniversary of getting my DeLorean to run after spending the 90's and 00's in inappropiatte storage. Since it has started running. I have encountered many many set backs, some WTFs and a few ah ha moments. The following is a list of what all has been replaced, repaired and planned to do to keep her road worthy.

Tires: New set of Cooper GT Cobras, NOS set of Dark wheels/center caps, lug nuts.

Suspension: Eibach lowering springs, NOS set of Girling shocks

Steering: Alignment, tie rod ends, axel boots

Fuel System: Pump, sending unit, fuel distributor, WUR, 6 injectors, fuel accumulator

Heating/Cooling: fan switch, blower motor (X2), coolant lines/hoses, water pump, thermostat, heater valve, self-bleeder, fan switch

Brakes: Rotors, master cyclinder, front flexible brake lines, RH e-brake cable

Transmission: Repaired 5th gear nut going thru housing, SS clutch line, slave/master cylinders

Electrical: Relays, fuses, solid state RPM/fan fail/fan relays, row of relays (due to short/fire), LEDs in door/binnacle/HVAC panel/dome/trunk/marker lights, tail light boards, Optima red top battery (X2)

Interior: Seat covers, recovered binnacle (no stitches), DMCH dash, re-dye of passenger crash pad/top of center console, sun visors, arm rest, window switches, blanking caps, shift boot, SS shifter ball, driver side window felt, glove box, recovered roof panels

Misc.: Spark plugs (X2)/rotor/coil, engine cover, headlights, marker light covers/gasket kit, electrical cover in engine bay, embroidered trunk carpet, air intake hose, belts (X2), ignition set, door keys made, door/louver/trunk struts, door seals (X2), SS regaining, angle drive, throttle cable, throttle spring, intake, exhaust gaskets (12 studs), custom wide side stripe w/ VIN, floor mats, oil pressure switches(?), LAMBA sensor, various seals/gaskets as necessary

Work to be done: Altenator replacement, painting of facias, AC repair, idler pulley bearing replacements, lower ball joints, speaker replacement, starter relay mod, clutch replacement

I am sure I missed a few things and there will be more to do in time. Not sure what all this cost, I dont really want to know.:bang:

BTW: Before/after pictures will be posted when the website/pc decides to allow me to.

Kukem
06-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow! You have done a lot of work on your car. I remember seeing the Before shots you had on your old profile and a couple after shots. You've done a really nice job so far. I look forward to seeing the pictures you will post.

DeLorean03
06-08-2011, 12:49 PM
No joke - almost everything you listed I had to do too. You even have done a couple things I didn't have to do. Hope you enjoyed your first year - many more to come (:

SIMid
06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
She's coming up a beaut Aaron, you have to be chuffed after all the work you have done to bring her to this stage in her life!

Well done! :aniclap: