View Full Version : Need Delorean for display at Sacramento bike show

Marc m
02-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Hello,

I am a former owner of an 83 delorean who has
Started a project to bring an official delorean bicycle
To the world.
The bike will be officially unveiled at the 2012 north american handbuilt
bike show march 2-4 at the Sacramento convention center.

In talking with DMC in Houston they said this forum might
Be the quickest way to get a car for display.
This has been a dream to bring a real delorean bike to market and we are just about ready. I am on the east coast so can't bring any cars I know.
Any assistance would be great, and yes the bike is stainless steel

EdFerri
02-22-2012, 07:21 PM
hello...
I can't help you with this since I live in Florida, but was interested if you wouldn't mind sharing some photos of the bike. I'm a bike shop owner, and would love to see what you have come up with!
Thanks!
-Ed Ferri
PlanetBMX
www.PlanetBMX.com

vwdmc16
02-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Im in Sac, any more info on how the display will be? closed off from viewers, all day, all weekend, etc.

Marc m
02-22-2012, 10:15 PM
We plan on putting it in the booth space and rope it off, I wouldn't want anybody on
My car and don't suspect anyone else would either,
I wanted to have to doors up, by show rules battery must be disconnected
And fuel filler cap taped on, no more than a quarter tank of gas was also on the
List of requirements.
The show starts Friday but car will need to get in Friday
Show ends Sunday 5pm and as booths go down and there is a path car can get out.

jawn101
02-23-2012, 12:06 AM
This sounds cool. I bet if you wanted you could get 5 or 6 DeLoreans there ;-)

Would love to see what you mean by "official DeLorean bicycle" - got any pics you can share?

Marc m
02-23-2012, 07:29 AM

Would love to see what you mean by "official DeLorean bicycle" - got any pics you can share?

Well I must wait until the official first view at the show so can't share pics yet
But by official I mean that as most things delorean these days I plan on having this as a licensed product from DMC.
As an avid cyclist and delorean owner for many years I have seen lots of "official" car bikes that were to be honest just junk compared to what any cyclist would purchase for themselves, I was determined that like the car the delorean bike would be a real and quality bicycle that was in my mind going to be of engineering quality just like the car was and is, thus this is a very fine machine that any cyclist would be proud to own.
Making it out of the finest Italian stainless steel tubing (yes the bike is made in Italy) gave it the credibility it needed to not be just a "labeled" product.
I have been working on this for a few years to make it a reality and as you might can tell am excited that it's just about time to show it off.
These will be for sale from their own website and some bike shops have already expressed interest.
DMC Houston will also sell them from their website when I get stock sufficient to cover demand.
These are artisan built road bikes that ride amazing.
Stainless steel for bicycle tubing is a great material that has some of the best qualities of the current materials used today for bicycles like carbon and steel and titanium.
Several deloreans at this show might be cool but having no idea of layout or anything it might be a show organizer issue, but I am really hoping to get one for the booth inside.
Thanks

Marc m
02-25-2012, 07:24 AM

If several Deloreans were to come and "setup" outside for a while where at the convention center could that be done without any static from the center?
I have never been there so no nothing about the front or sides or anything at this point.

The owner who lets us have the inside car I will need to know how many tickets you will need for you and friends / family to get in and what days,
Plus parking for your regular car etc

Thanks

fnzen
02-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I am in LA but a Sacramento roadtrip sounds cool!

Marc m
02-26-2012, 10:13 AM
I am in LA but a Sacramento roadtrip sounds cool!

I would love to have you (and your car !)
Only qualification is your car must be stainless (untainted)
Not that I am against that, I have seen some cool looking painted ones but
As our Delorean Bikes are visible stainless we want the car to be also.

How many Tickets do you need to get in?
The car for the booth needs to be there by Thursday for setup
And can get out Sunday after 5pm.

Marc m
02-26-2012, 09:11 PM
If several Deloreans were to come and "setup" outside for a while where at the convention center could that be done without any static from the center?
I have never been there so no nothing about the front or sides or anything at this point.

The owner who lets us have the inside car I will need to know how many tickets you will need for you and friends / family to get in and what days,
Plus parking for your regular car etc

Thanks

I meant unpainted! Sorry for the goof

Marc m
02-27-2012, 07:29 AM

Just trying to firm up who is coming for the display in Sacramento
This week?
I need to talk to you about the few rules that the convention center puts
On cars inside the hall.

I will have the car roped off from the public so all should be well.
You are welcome to hang around the booth if you like, the delorean bike
I have had manufactured by an Italian company who is also exhibiting their racing/touring bikes at this show. We are in their booth.
Should be fun,

Marc m
03-02-2012, 01:39 AM

Ok we have our car and with the new bike parked next to it
All looks very cool!

Dangermouse
03-09-2012, 03:35 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/nahbs-2012-part-2-black-sheep-to-wheel-fanatyk/210171

jawn101
03-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Nice, I am looking forward to seeing some more pics of the bikes up close, in that pic it's hard to tell what the DMC tie-in was. Whose car did you end up getting?

Dangermouse
03-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Finally got round to looking for some better pics of the bike

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/imagecache/preview_500/images/NAHBS%202012:%20Demon%20Frameworks,%20Cinelli,%20C herubim,%20Alchemy,%20DeLorean,%20Sarto,%20English ,%20Crumpton/P1010346.jpg

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/imagecache/node-gallery-display/images/NAHBS%202012:%20Demon%20Frameworks,%20Cinelli,%20C herubim,%20Alchemy,%20DeLorean,%20Sarto,%20English ,%20Crumpton/P1010386.jpg

http://road.cc/content/news/53937-nahbs-highlights-2-starring-delorean-sarto-english-crumpton#

pre-order here: http://deloreanbicycle.com/

DeLorean Bicycle
05-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Hello,

I am a former owner of an 83 delorean who has
Started a project to bring an official delorean bicycle
To the world.
The bike will be officially unveiled at the 2012 north american handbuilt
bike show march 2-4 at the Sacramento convention center.

In talking with DMC in Houston they said this forum might
Be the quickest way to get a car for display.
This has been a dream to bring a real delorean bike to market and we are just about ready. I am on the east coast so can't bring any cars I know.
Any assistance would be great, and yes the bike is stainless steel

Great idea

Adonis
07-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi friends i just want to tell you that i have my own bikes shop and i have been display my bikes in front of my shop
to easily sale out thee bikes when i newly opened my shop i have no any shop display in front of my shop and
the peoples are not come to my shop but after some time i get this idea and stand my bikes in front of my
shop as my shop front display and the result is this great.

stevedmc
07-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi friends i just want to tell you that i have my own bikes shop and i have been display my bikes in front of my shop
to easily sale out thee bikes when i newly opened my shop i have no any shop display in front of my shop and
the peoples are not come to my shop but after some time i get this idea and stand my bikes in front of my
shop as my shop front display and the result is this great.

That is pretty cool that you have your own bike shop and I think it would be nice to know where you bike shop is located because many people on the forum would probably like to check it out because it would be cool to check out your shop and the bikes that you have on display because everyone wants to see a delorean bike and they are really nice your display and your bike shop sound like they are really nice and do you have a lot of bikes in your shop that you sell to people?