PDA

View Full Version : General who sells the stainless lower cover inserts

fnzen
02-27-2012, 10:57 PM
cant seem to find the previous threads? Is Bandit in UK the only vendor?

QuadcityDMC
02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I think a vendor is working on thier own set of SS covers. Might be a few months before they get them done.

kajcienski
02-28-2012, 12:09 AM
I bought the SS grill inserts from the UK (go to the DMC forum there under vendors). I LOVE them. I'm totally OCD and they fit and look amazing - very well made. Not cheap but they are one of those things on the D that truly stand out.

Chris 16409
02-28-2012, 02:01 AM
cant seem to find the previous threads? Is Bandit in UK the only vendor?

Hey Don, as far as I know, Bandit is the only person who sells them directly to owners. That's who I ordered mine from. DMCH won't sell them directly.

john 05141
02-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Are you talking about the rock screen under the front bumper?

John

fnzen
02-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys I think Bandits is it

Paul J
02-29-2012, 10:15 AM
http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=432

fnzen
03-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Yes guys ordered them from bandit on the uk site

WOW total $163 that some bling for your buck !

now the wait for shipping......

Jimmyvonviggle
03-02-2012, 12:28 AM
I like these inserts but am curious if they can be seen when the louvres are down? Can someone post a pic?

AdmiralSenn
03-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't have a picture handy but they're exactly as visible as the stock inserts, just shinier. You can sort of see them through the sun shade.

I can attest that they are completely, totally awesome and well worth the money.

fnzen
03-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Ill have a picture in 5 days when they arrive!!!!

Blackie
03-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Getting me a set too, these look awesome!

stevie67cars
03-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Pic of them installed at the top of this thread:

http://delorean.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2013

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s136/stevie67cars/Mervyns%20DeLorean/DSC00308.jpg

Stephen

DMC5180
03-10-2012, 04:37 AM
I also have a set of these, and really like the look. FYI they add weight to the cover and will put additional strain on the engine cover at the up lock. This is a good reason to install the Louvre stiffener kit sold by DMCCA that also holds the engine cover open.

I've recently seen a Copy Cat set that someone else is now doing. They are actually better in detail symmetry. But I think they were more money. I just don't recall what site I saw them on.

DMC5180
03-10-2012, 05:10 AM
I found them. Don't mind the the giant DMC that's not part of the grille kit.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=fr&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://deloreanlettrage.blogspot.com/2009/08/grille-inox-1mm-ou-aluminium-peint.html&usg=ALkJrhinaDT9MrOXK8-zIMZPU6czDIqF-w

Fluxat88MPH
03-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Agreed, I have a set of these that I have had for yrs. One thing to note is that they are much heaver and one may want to come up with a better system to hold up and support the lowere engine compartment cover with the additional weight.

I don't have a picture handy but they're exactly as visible as the stock inserts, just shinier. You can sort of see them through the sun shade.

I can attest that they are completely, totally awesome and well worth the money.

kajcienski
03-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I love the SS grills and have them myself. Just one word of caution - they are significantly heavier than the stock grills and have heard of stress cracks forming (including my own) when the lower cover prop is locked in for periods of time. It already has a bad flex/bow as we all know when propped open at the back and this makes it worse. I was told by DMC that the lower engine cover was originally much thicker on a prototype. I am attempting a fix to this problem using an L brace after doing some research on what others have done - might try to post my solution. It's an easy fix that could just save the life of the lower cover. Will take some pics after the install is complete. That all being said - I still love my SS grills!

Jimmyvonviggle
03-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I love the SS grills and have them myself. Just one word of caution - they are significantly heavier than the stock grills and have heard of stress cracks forming (including my own) when the lower cover prop is locked in for periods of time. It already has a bad flex/bow as we all know when propped open at the back and this makes it worse. I was told by DMC that the lower engine cover was originally much thicker on a prototype. I am attempting a fix to this problem using an L brace after doing some research on what others have done - might try to post my solution. It's an easy fix that could just save the life of the lower cover. Will take some pics after the install is complete. That all being said - I still love my SS grills!

Is it possible to rig a strut to hold open the engine cover like every other door or hood on the car?

Fluxat88MPH
03-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Kinda what I said in the last post about being heavier. Here is an easy solution that I did. This takes the weight off of the lean to it and holds it at the top with the struts.

fnzen
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I like these inserts but am curious if they can be seen when the louvres are down? Can someone post a pic?

Here is the picture you can definately see them through the louver LOVE THEM! Thanks to Julian(Bandit) great job!

Jimmyvonviggle
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Here is the picture you can definately see them through the louver LOVE THEM! Thanks to Julian(Bandit) great job!

Thanks for the picture.

andy blackmon
01-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Due to a mix up with my order from Bandit I now have two set of these louvers grills . I wish to sell one of the sets if anyone have interest in this drop me a pm or email me at [email protected]. They do look great on the car .

refugeefromcalif
01-24-2014, 05:47 PM
PM sent.

George