PDA

View Full Version : Tuning for built up engine

opethmike
02-29-2012, 01:15 AM
So now that I have big cams with increased lift and duration, it would be a good idea to increase my req_fuel value, correct?

Spittybug
02-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Dunno. You are the new guinea pig for such.:wave2:

How much overlap do you have? Be careful, you may start to get some funny AFR readings as you will undoubtedly start getting air into the exhaust. This messes up the Tuner Studio VE analyzer. You can however write a filter to exclude AFR values that are way high or low so that those spikes don't get autotuned. This worked for me and Al when we were having problems with his Chevelle.

dmc6960
02-29-2012, 02:23 PM
I'd leave the req-fuel alone, and just retune from where you are now with your wideband and tuner studio. For performance have your mid range high loads in the low 13's and your high range high loads in the upper 12's. You'll be making tons of power past 6000rpm now but don't be tempted to go past 6500 since you didn't do a full rebuild.

opethmike
02-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks Jim. Do you have an AFR table I could take a look at, please?

Spittybug
02-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks Jim. Do you have an AFR table I could take a look at, please?

Oooh, ooh, me too please! I've done lots of looking and researching, but I really need to optimize mine now. I have one that I'm about to burn and then re-VE, but I'd like to see what others have come up with. I've been running with 14.1 across the board, so I have plenty of room for improvement. I run just fine, but I know I can get more performance easy enough.

opethmike
02-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Oooh, ooh, me too please! I've done lots of looking and researching, but I really need to optimize mine now. I have one that I'm about to burn and then re-VE, but I'd like to see what others have come up with. I've been running with 14.1 across the board, so I have plenty of room for improvement. I run just fine, but I know I can get more performance easy enough.

There's a pretty decent one in the Tuning The AFR section of the manual, that I ran with quite nicely for my stock engine.