PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Functioning Headlight Switch

DeLorean937
03-02-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm looking for an original headlight switch. I'm a little concerned about installing the new DMCH setup because of the reviews i've read. So i'm looking for a functioning switch that switches properly through its 3 way cycle. Thanks in advance,

-Robert

Chris Burns
03-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Unless you find an NOS one on Ebay or someone is willing to sell theirs the DMCH one is your only option. Good luck!

dmcerik
03-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Unless you find an NOS one on Ebay or someone is willing to sell theirs the DMCH one is your only option. Good luck!

I know I told you I'd get a pic of the one I have...and i've failed :) sorry about that. Its still in the Delorean which is at my friends storage barn. Maybe I'll swing over there during work if I can. I'll keep you posted.

Chris 16409
03-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I believe all of the bugs have been worked out of the DMC reproduction unit. You shouldn't have any proble,a of you buy one. The last time I was in the market for a headlight switch (Last Year I Believe), Grady had a NOS unit in stock. I don't know how many he had or if he still has any today.

Patrick C
03-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I have a NOS switch I'd consider selling for the right price. Feel free to PM me an offer.

DeLorean
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I believe all of the bugs have been worked out of the DMC reproduction unit. You shouldn't have any proble,a of you buy one..

Huu? If they are still fusing them incorrectly, you can look forward to having your headlights go out on the highway like mine did!

QuadcityDMC
03-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I have the updated DMCH light switch. Easy to install, been driving with it for almost a year, no problem and don't see any problem in the future.

jawn101
03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm looking for an original headlight switch. I'm a little concerned about installing the new DMCH setup because of the reviews i've read. So i'm looking for a functioning switch that switches properly through its 3 way cycle. Thanks in advance,

-Robert

Do you still have yours? I believe Hervey rebuilds them for a very nominal fee in the case of melting, etc.