PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Please help me

Bsmith487
03-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Well short history first, the car is a 1981 with 4500 miles on it. The car was painted by the dealership before purchase. The car was sat and not been cranked since at least 1994. The car has sat in the florida sun for about 5 years and now the paint is faded in most places and flaking off on the rear. None of the fluids were drained out before storing the car. The car was taken to a foreign specialty shop whom said the injectors of course must be replaced. Neither me nor my family has the money anymore to fix the car and we want to sell it. I am very motivated to sell this car but I dont want to just give it away so please if you are going to make an offer please be respectful. I know that cars needs some serious TLC but it still holds some value due to the very low miles. I have posted some pictures for you to review. If you want other pictures please let me know. It may take a few days to get to taking them as I am a trooper and work nights and the car is about 25 minutes south of me. Please help me out, I know there is somebody on here whom would be interested in this car. I also have a large amount of orginial parts still in the original packaging for sale with the car.

T_Stanley
03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the board. You might want to give this a once over to determine the value of your car http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?371-Please-read-before-posting-“I-want-a-cheap-DeLorean”-or-“Project-Car-Wanted”-threads

The people on this board are very helpful, so if you have any questions, ask away!

Domi
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Do you have the VIN of the car?
You should find someone interested about your car here or maybe on eBay?
Anyway, good luck with your sale :)

Bsmith487
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Thank you for posting that, I reviewed the post and I feel very comfortable saying this car is a project car, the interior is in good shape just needs the headliner redone. I would like to get 8000 for the car and 2000 for the parts, we have body parts as well. I have a list of the parts I can fax to you if your interested.

Bsmith487
03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Last 4 of Vin are 3935

congerz83
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Details of the parts will be needed. Especially with a $2000 price tag. Where in Florida?

Bsmith487
03-04-2012, 03:39 PM
If you give me a few days j can get details on the parts, the car was in Pensacola Florida but now it's in macon georgia

sean
03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Details of the parts will be needed. Especially with a $2000 price tag. Where in Florida?
+1

If you give me a few days j can get details on the parts, the car was in Pensacola Florida but now it's in macon georgia

I'll be in Macon this week, be nice to know what parts you have.

nullset
03-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Some pictures of the frame and underbody of the car will help you to sell it more quickly.

Is there any rust on the frame?

--buddy

Chris Burns
03-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Cool looking Delorean! I'm not that far away from you in Fernandina Beach.

congerz83
03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I'll be in Macon this week.

Sounds like you've nominated yourself as "offical inspector". :rock_on:

sean
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Sounds like you've nominated yourself as "offical inspector". :rock_on:

Well I could take a look Wednesday or Thursday evening if they are not to far from Mercer university.

Kenny_Z
03-04-2012, 09:04 PM
AAH! That's the red Delorean I keep getting confused for in Pensacola! Everyone told me there was another one out there. I thought they were crazy, two Red Ds in one city? Guess it was true.

Good luck on your sale, I hope she goes to someone that'll take care of her and you get a fair price.

WelmoedJ
03-05-2012, 04:16 AM
The parts missing in the pictures are they included in the car's price, of in the parts price?

As it hasn't run for a very long time brace yourself and count in rubber replacements and a total fuel system and brake overhaul (I know David T, there is much more to add to the list).

Any way it seems rather dent free and cosmetic problems are usually easily to overcome.
Frame / underbody pictures are highly welcomed.

However IMHO 8 G is a stiff price if it's not negotiable.

Dangermouse
03-05-2012, 08:34 AM
A pic of the odometer would be nice, but don't get too caught up in the low mileage. Plenty of cars appear with sub 15k miles, but yours would be at the lower end of these.

Pic of the VIN plate (on door frame) would help establish authenticity. As mentioned above - frame pics would be good.

Clean title?

Any paperwork, window sticker, manuals etc come with the car?

Forum mods - move to "Cars For Sale" sub-forum?? (The title, in the "general section" makes you think it is a "breakdown" thread :) )

jawn101
03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Where's the fuel distributor? Looks like that and some injectors were pulled.

dvonk
03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Pic of the VIN plate (on door frame) would help establish authenticity.

from when the OP listed this vehicle on the old forum in March of 2011: :wink:

congerz83
03-05-2012, 04:44 PM
8 G is a stiff price if it's not negotiable.

I can't help but agree. I'm sure the more the OP learns, combined with what someone with knowledge can discover, the price will move.

Spittybug
03-05-2012, 06:15 PM
I agree with previous posters. Engine looks rough and is missing crucial parts. Sitting that long, all rubber, hoses, etc will need replacing. Interior components from DMCH aren't cheap. Until we see frame and suspension parts, who knows how much they might need. While the red paint may indeed be from the dealership and not because of body damage, we don't know for sure. In any case, the red detracts, not adds, value.

Barring additional body or frame issues, the $8K being bantered about should include the parts IMHO.

jawn101
03-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Barring additional body or frame issues, the $8K being bantered about should include the parts IMHO.

If the lot of parts doesn't include that $700 FD, then I think the price should be reduced even further to allow for the price of repairing K-Jet or converting to EFI. Obviously going carb doesn't cost nearly as much as those options but the overall value of the vehicle is definitely diminished by the fact that it is completely immobile with no fuel delivery system.

congerz83
03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
:hysterical:
If the lot of parts doesn't include that $700 FD, then I think the price should be reduced even further to allow for the price of repairing K-Jet or converting to EFI. Obviously going carb doesn't cost nearly as much as those options but the overall value of the vehicle is definitely diminished by the fact that it is completely immobile with no fuel delivery system.

Agreed. There would have to be some rare stuff in the parts collection to warrant that price. Torsion bars? Gas-Flap hood? 6-7 Binnacles? A left front fender? Legend kit? :hysterical:

seventy4burban
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
So I'm in Panama City Fl and within the last couple days a co-worker saw a red Delorean on a car trailer passing throught town. This thread was the first thing that popped in my mind. Could this be a third red Delorean in the Florida panhandle? Pensacola is only about 100 miles from Panama City, one of those two?

Chris Burns
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
So did this Delorean ever sell?

Oxi
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Hey check your inbox, I sent you a pm. Thanks.

BigBenb84
03-22-2012, 11:10 PM
So I'm in Panama City Fl and within the last couple days a co-worker saw a red Delorean on a car trailer passing throught town. This thread was the first thing that popped in my mind. Could this be a third red Delorean in the Florida panhandle? Pensacola is only about 100 miles from Panama City, one of those two?

You live in Panama City? I live by Destin, FL. Didn't know any other D's around here.

There was the a young man in Cantonement (North Pensacola) I knew about 8 years ago that had a red one, and then there was the women who owned John Mark Karrs' (self proffessed JonBenet Ramsey killer) wasn't it red?

Jonathan
03-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Last 4 of Vin are 3935

Whoo! Hello my brother! I think that's the closest VIN to my car I've ever come across.

Kenny_Z
04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
There was the a young man in Cantonement (North Pensacola) I knew about 8 years ago that had a red one, and then there was the women who owned John Mark Karrs' (self proffessed JonBenet Ramsey killer) wasn't it red?

The Cantonement D you knew is mine. The previous owner's name was Wise.

Dangermouse
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
So help me out.

Why did the OP post a long and pictorial "for sale" post and then never return to see if anyone was interested (he hasn't logged on since 03/04, though he may have been back as a guest).

seems odd

Squall67584
04-10-2012, 02:02 PM
It does seem odd. I sent him a pm about it, and it shows that it was read, but no reply. Seems like if you were wanting to sell it you'd keep watching this thread and such.

dvonk
04-10-2012, 02:36 PM
OP has been wanting to sell it for over a year... it was posted on the old forum too.

:dunno: