PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Everyone

DeLorean03
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I just wanted to come make the announcement that after Officer's Training School for the Air Force, I am set to begin tech school at Wright-Patternson AFB. I am also scheduled to begin my first duty station at Wright-Pat AFB. Needless to say, the Ohio DeLorean area is about to get to ADD ME to their list of members soon :D. I wouldn't do it yet, as things could change, but I did receive my training notification; and it is for Wright-Pat.

Looks like I'll be near the Dayton/Cincinatti/Columbus area ! Anyhoo, I'll be at WP Dec 18, 2011 - but due to snow and weather conditions - I will probably not bring the DeLorean up from Casey's (he'll have my car while I'm at OTS) until I'd guess March/Aprilish. I have lived in snow, but haven't been in it since 1998 up in Milwaukee. Point is, I'm guessing snow melts around Aprilish up there? Bottom line, I'm not bringing my DeLorean until the snow is gone and it's safe, as my experience in driving in snow is very limited.

See you all soon!!!

Roman Legion
06-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I just wanted to come make the announcement that after Officer's Training School for the Air Force, I am set to begin tech school at Wright-Patternson AFB. I am also scheduled to begin my first duty station at Wright-Pat AFB. Needless to say, the Ohio DeLorean area is about to get to ADD ME to their list of members soon :D. I wouldn't do it yet, as things could change, but I did receive my training notification; and it is for Wright-Pat.

Looks like I'll be near the Dayton/Cincinatti/Columbus area ! Anyhoo, I'll be at WP Dec 18, 2011 - but due to snow and weather conditions - I will probably not bring the DeLorean up from Casey's (he'll have my car while I'm at OTS) until I'd guess March/Aprilish. I have lived in snow, but haven't been in it since 1998 up in Milwaukee. Point is, I'm guessing snow melts around Aprilish up there? Bottom line, I'm not bringing my DeLorean until the snow is gone and it's safe, as my experience in driving in snow is very limited.

See you all soon!!!

If you are in the Columbus area, could you make a trip to Wheeling, WV sometime?

DeLorean03
06-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm sure I could - why do you ask (seeing as how youre in CT) ?

Roman Legion
06-10-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm sure I could - why do you ask (seeing as how youre in CT) ?

I will be in Wheeling, WV for military purposes..

DeLorean03
06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Good dealio (: . I won't be up at WP until Dec 2011, but I'll see you in....a lil under a year :P

Roman Legion
06-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Good dealio (: . I won't be up at WP until Dec 2011, but I'll see you in....a lil under a year :P

I am not going to be state side in December.. So it will be over a year..lol

Jeremy Popp
06-16-2011, 04:34 PM

See you all soon!!!

We're glad to have you as a member of the Ohio Deloreans. Our club is highly active, so there is always something going on.... well, not so much in December. Snow is typically gone by mid-March, but you never can tell. We do the St Patricks Day Parade in Cincinnati mid-march time frame.

Jeremy

DeloreanJoshQ
06-16-2011, 05:57 PM

See you all soon!!!

Welcome aboard! You are welcome to come to one of our events(next one on July 4th)! We just had one last Saturday with Jeremy Popp at Sean Lowe's....
www.ohiodeloreans.com

Josh Q

ssdelorean
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
The Museum at Wright Pat is awesome. We've been there a few times (2008 (http://ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-08-Dayton.htm) & 2010 (http://ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-10-Dayton.htm)). Larry (bottom of the 2008 link above), one of our members I believe works at Wright Pat AFB. At least I don't think he has retired from the military yet. I'm sure he'd be really anxious to meet up with you on base.

Looking forward to having you in the club. We do have an annual meeting every January to plan out the years activities. Members or non-members, all are welcome to attend our events.

DeLorean03
06-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm extremely grateful for open arms into DCO when I get there! I really look forward to hanging out with you guys, as being pretty much the only owner in the Gulf Coast (for the most part) that drives their car regularly is good and bad - good cause I'm the only one; bad: cause I'm the only one...

Definitely can't wait to meet you all and make some awesome memories/share war stories!

DeLorean03
07-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey guys, I was just curious. Down here in Florida, we have an "Antique" tag that basically designates the DeLorean is 25+ years old, but it can still be driven as a driver and not a "car show/parade only" kind of vehicle. Does Ohio have anything like this? I looked at the Ohio DMV website, but I might as well have tried to put together a foreign stereo reading Chinese instructions backwards (:...

ssdelorean
07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Hey guys, I was just curious. Down here in Florida, we have an "Antique" tag that basically designates the DeLorean is 25+ years old, but it can still be driven as a driver and not a "car show/parade only" kind of vehicle. Does Ohio have anything like this? I looked at the Ohio DMV website, but I might as well have tried to put together a foreign stereo reading Chinese instructions backwards (:...

I have yet to see a DeLorean with an Antique tag here in Ohio. Not sure what the rules are for those but I know they exist here. The "Collector" plates here are available for the D but they limit driving to car shows and such.

DMC1983
08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm using the Historical plates on my D and have done so since '08. They are to be used for "shows/parades" only.

ssdelorean
09-10-2011, 02:52 PM
OK I really need to figure out how to get notifications of post replies. I missed this. And I was just down in Destin, FL last weekend.