PDA

View Full Version : DMC Talk member (Welmoed) uses his car for a BTTF themed event

Chris Burns
03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Yikes! Check out the tight spaces that Welmoed has to navigate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJnG5NsKDw

Jimmyvonviggle
03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
That is some pretty tricky driving. That ramp was very difficult.

Domi
03-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I can't believe this place doesn't have a bigger entrance for car like this?
Anyway, I thought Welmoed had a black DMC?

thirdmanj
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Very very impressive work! Is it just the light or was that really nasty ding on the RH door at 1:13? If it is, may I ask how it happened?

dvonk
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
I thought Welmoed had a black DMC?

you are correct, Welmoed's (http://dmctalk.org/member.php?506-WelmoedJ) DeLorean (6513) is black. i do believe he owned another D before 6513, however. perhaps he will enlighten us. :smile:

Karin
03-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Very very impressive work! Is it just the light or was that really nasty ding on the RH door at 1:13? If it is, may I ask how it happened?

I saw that, too. I think it was a ding.

I was really impressed with how he tried to get the car in through all those tight places. I admit, it reminds me of when I do that same sort of thing in GTA.

Michael
03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
I just love the look of the skin under lights in a dark place. This summer I'm really going to make an effort to do some good night shots.

dvonk
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I just love the look of the skin under lights in a dark place. This summer I'm really going to make an effort to do some good night shots.

since your time-lapse blue laser photos arent good enough?

just to remove any doubt: they are epic. :headbang:

edit: yeah, i just updated my desktop picture. the previous photo was lacking--it didnt have any blue laser beams.

BTTF-1
03-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Jesus. The driver is my hero.

There should be a special driving award for this. Maybe a reduction on his car insurance as well.

His car looked awesome. Nobody really saw the ding.

Job very well done.

Ed:rock_on::bigclap::yesss::yesss::thankyou:

WelmoedJ
05-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I'll enlighten you all:

- the car is a friend of mine's, I could borrow the car for this special event as they needed an "original".
- there indeed was a dent (repaired after this BTTF event).
- there are three video's (of which the one in the thread starter was the last one)
- the other two are getting in that ramp door and one getting the speaker on stage

Yes, there was little room for errors, the mirrors had to be turned in and the rear wheels were only half on the tracks.
Getting is was not the hard part, getting out was (from a wider area into a 90 degree angle narrow area to the exit ramp).
In between the entrance/exit opening was only one or two inch at each side.
Height was about 5-6 ft over street level.