PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to work on my Car

XZypher
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I am looking for someone that likes to work on Deloreans and wants to make some money on the side. I have gotten to the place on a few things I do not feel comfortable doing myself or do not have the ability to do. I am located South of Nashville Tennessee. I know someone will post about the DMC facilities but they are all a 8hr + drive away so that really isn't an option. Feel free to reply or PM me.

sean
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Worth pointing out that he has a pretty sweet twin turbo.

Delorean Industries
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Email us with your location details. We are dropping/picking up multiple cars in NC and TN in the coming weeks.

[email protected]

Thanks

Josh

dmc6960
03-15-2012, 01:38 PM
a few things I do not feel comfortable doing myself or do not have the ability to do

What are these things?

XZypher
03-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Evaporator Replacement and something I believe is wrong with my clutch.

Bikercmbc
03-15-2012, 11:15 PM
whats going on with the clutch? Ive never done an evap replacement on the D but i dont think the are too terribly difficult. I know that one owner here in maryville had his done. Ive done the clutch job on my car, took about 3-4 hours to get it out. your car is Ben Wallaces old car, twin turbo grey and blue interior?

DL4567
03-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Soundkillr showed me how to do an evaporator replacement. Can't thank him enough as it's a huge job.

Don't let it intimidate you though, because it's not insanely difficult, it's just really time consuming. There's a lot to take apart and put back together. You have to label a lot of things, maybe even take reference pictures, so you can put it all back the right way.

Remove the center console, the passenger side knee pad, the glove box, the center air vents, and disconnect a lot of stuff along the way. The dashboard stays in place, no need to remove that. It really looked like the hardest part was getting wrenches on and turning the nuts on the accumulator in the front-passenger side wheel well where the evaporator lines connect.

The job is a lot of hours, so doing it yourself would save you a ton in labor costs alone.

XZypher
03-16-2012, 10:18 AM
When it is cold it does not like to go into 1st or 2nd, once the car heats up enough to kick on the fans it shifts just fine. In 4th and 5th Gear sometimes when I really put on the gas it slips.

XZypher
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
whats going on with the clutch? Ive never done an evap replacement on the D but i dont think the are too terribly difficult. I know that one owner here in maryville had his done. Ive done the clutch job on my car, took about 3-4 hours to get it out. your car is Ben Wallaces old car, twin turbo grey and blue interior?

Yep

Bikercmbc
03-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Goes into reverse fine when cold? Definitely will need a clutch kit to fix the slipping in 4th and 5th. That's why I had to replace mine. My cable was adjusted wrong when I put my transmission back in the car and I couldn't get it into 1&2 and just needed to adjust it. Or could be something inside the transmission i don't know about that, never took the case apart

davidrucker11387
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
As far as not wanting to go into 1st and 2nd when cold I would check the clutch line, make sure there isn't any leaks and has the right amount of fluid. I've never driven a manual d other then that one for a few min, went to chat state with ben. Hydrolic clutches can be picky with temp if something is going on with the fluid. And 4th and 5th slipping sounds like the clutch needs swapped and with your engine def go for the high end clutch. Which ever vendor you choose let them know its going in a turbo'ed D. The evap as they said isn't hard just really time consuming and a lot of take apart and put back together. Just as a side note I'd love to see that car again!

XZypher
03-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Worth pointing out that he has a pretty sweet twin turbo.

Turbo is a super nice up-grade :P

dvonk
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
thats true, because DeLoreans are a bit of slugs.

sphiend
03-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Email us with your location details. We are dropping/picking up multiple cars in NC and TN in the coming weeks.

[email protected]

Thanks

Josh

Josh - didn't realize you guys did pickups and drop offs. That is service.

Might have a big project for you next year.