PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Are all injectors created equal?

rundmc
03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey all,

Trying to determine if the Delorean fuel injectors that are cross-referenced can be used permanently or merely temporarily (per the cross-ref list disclaimer).

The best I can find, the OEM injector is part number 854-20113, but there is also a Bosch injector, part number 0437502022.

Does it make a difference?

nullset
03-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Hey all,

Trying to determine if the Delorean fuel injectors that are cross-referenced can be used permanently or merely temporarily (per the cross-ref list disclaimer).

The best I can find, the OEM injector is part number 854-20113, but there is also a Bosch injector, part number 0437502022.

Does it make a difference?

Did you pull your injectors and check the spray pattern yet?

--buddy

rundmc
03-19-2012, 04:32 PM
No. But my interest is purely academic, I swear!

nullset
03-19-2012, 04:41 PM
No. But my interest is purely academic, I swear!

Learn the lesson I just learned - don't replace things just for the sake of replacing them….. :)

I do think the fuel injection tester Matt at Freeside has will work with our injectors. I'll bring him one of mine from the project car and see if it works.

--buddy

David T
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
You have to be really careful with cross/over #'s. The #'s determine opening and closing pressures, the way the fuel line attaches, and the way the injector fits into the car. It also tells you how much fuel it flows. Being "close" is not going to work. The safest bet is to make sure you have the correct ones and then get them cleaned.
David Teitelbaum

Nicholas R
03-20-2012, 01:32 AM
I believe they are essentially the same part. Original injectors have number: 0437502 022 stamped into the side of them. A few years ago, I remember buying 83 volvo 760 injectors at autozone for $35 each and though they came in a GP sorensen box, they were still bosch injectors with the bosch stamping. Some people here went and bought the same injectors they got had the exact same markings except the last three digits were 013 instead of 022. Physically they look identical, spray pattern looks the same, and cars have run with no difficulty with either. We have run cars with both the ones ending in 13's and with 22's and never once had an issue. I believe they're all made for the Volvo B28F engine.

I have three sets of injectors, (originals, an extra set, and my autozone set) and all mine have 0437502 022 stamped into them.

rundmc
03-21-2012, 12:42 AM
I believe they are essentially the same part. Original injectors have number: 0437502 022 stamped into the side of them. A few years ago, I remember buying 83 volvo 760 injectors at autozone for $35 each and though they came in a GP sorensen box, they were still bosch injectors with the bosch stamping. Some people here went and bought the same injectors they got had the exact same markings except the last three digits were 013 instead of 022. Physically they look identical, spray pattern looks the same, and cars have run with no difficulty with either. We have run cars with both the ones ending in 13's and with 22's and never once had an issue. I believe they're all made for the Volvo B28F engine.

I have three sets of injectors, (originals, an extra set, and my autozone set) and all mine have 0437502 022 stamped into them.

Thanks!