PDA

View Full Version : 3D DeLorean Model

Karin
03-24-2012, 01:56 AM
I found this video while scouting through some DeLorean videos. I have to say it is a very good attempt at a 3D model. I have to admit, better than my attempt with my model before my files got corrupted. It starts at the tires and its steel frame, gradually building up to a fully made car, part by part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9RS2E6_Jv8&feature=related

Kenny_Z
03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Not bad. They went much further with their model than I was planning. I need to get back to my model now that I work weird hours. I've got to see if I can sneak 3DMax onto my work pc.

jawn101
03-24-2012, 01:04 PM
But they build it in the whole wrong order! :)

Karin
03-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, with the way the car was built part by part, it makes me wonder that I should've done the same while building up my model. Except I was concentrating on what's on the outside, which is not bad but not good either if someone wants it for a game or commercial.

lol, how was it built the wrong way? :p

jawn101
03-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, with the way the car was built part by part, it makes me wonder that I should've done the same while building up my model. Except I was concentrating on what's on the outside, which is not bad but not good either if someone wants it for a game or commercial.

lol, how was it built the wrong way? :p

The dash would have come before the center console and the doors were the first body panel installed, not the last :)

Is this the one you made?

Karin
03-24-2012, 11:55 PM
The dash would have come before the center console and the doors were the first body panel installed, not the last :)

Is this the one you made?

No, it's not. I wish I did but even this attempt is better than what mine would've been. I haven't gone back to modeling another DeLorean after I lost that file to a blackout in a long time. I was starting the get the jist of how to build a car from 3D Max when that happened. That was a huge disappointment, seeing as I poured hours into it while trying to figure out what was the best way to build the car. I eventually started to do part by part like this did but I was only doing the outside.

Here's one of the images of what my model looked like. I was able to go farther than this before the blackout, up to the front fascia.
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/Kamoodle5/DeLoreanslightrear.png
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/Kamoodle5/DeLoreantopview2.png

dvonk
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
its too bad the file was lost, Karin--what you have there looks good!

Kenny_Z
03-29-2012, 06:04 PM
That's a nice model Karin. Too bad you lost it. I know how you feel, I lost my Nova model when my hard drive up and died. I only had a really old backup to startover from.

stevedmc
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
I wonder how the doors and the louver are opening without struts.

dvonk
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
super duper torsion bars! :lol:

TTait
04-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Nah, just flip the Z axis, assuming you have not put any fluids in it yet,