PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Current DeLorean's for sale in canada?

lamboman
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
I am wondering if there are any current deloreans for sale in canada...there is a couple on the kijiji system but is there others available?.

Kukem
03-29-2012, 08:27 PM
There was one for sale on autotrader.ca (the only one at the moment) in Ontario. And there are 2 different ones listed on the ODOC's website at ODOC's Marketplace (http://odoc.ca/ODOC/Marketplace.html)

You also may be able to get in contact with the ODOC members as there are other cars for sale that may not be listed on the site. Hope that helps. The cars in Canada are usually more expensive than their american counterparts but the hassle of importation has already been handled. Sometimes though, the amount of money saved by importing is worth it.

Hope this helps.

03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
There are 9 cars currently for sale in ODOC records.. most asking between $35,000 to $43,000.

lamboman
03-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah thats much more then i will pay.I am looking to buy at 15-20k or so... needing most updates,interior work,ect.Not looking for fully restored cars.I am ready to buy today.

micmak
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
There is a 12K car for sale too. A couple of us went out to see it a few weeks ago. It's pretty sad. Needs more or less a full restoration depending on your level of mechanical expertise. It's not driveable right now. It's a major project car. Do you have a couple of years of your spare time available???? :)

........Mike.......

sdg3205
03-30-2012, 03:40 PM
There is a 12K car for sale too. A couple of us went out to see it a few weeks ago. It's pretty sad. Needs more or less a full restoration depending on your level of mechanical expertise. It's not driveable right now. It's a major project car. Do you have a couple of years of your spare time available???? :)

........Mike.......

Mike,

pictures and location?

Jimmyvonviggle
03-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Mike,

pictures and location?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1981-DELOREAN-DMC-12-W0QQAdIdZ357044358

Not much in the way of pics.

sdg3205
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1981-DELOREAN-DMC-12-W0QQAdIdZ357044358

And it was pretty rough eh? 12k for a car that doesn't drive and needs frame work. Yeah right.

lamboman
03-31-2012, 10:28 AM
I am aware of that car...and have had zero luck getting further info or pics via email...however did speak on the phone and from what i hear is in need of major work,frame,interior,engine,front bumper replacement,crumple tube replacement,etc.He does apparently have more parts for it though including the crumple tube replacement.More of a project car then i want and really hard to buy without further pictures.

Jonathan
03-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Isn't that the Owen Sound car I found a while back? I didn't get a chance to look at it as the owner wasn't home the day I went for a visit, but later on he mentioned the main hurdle was a fuel line leak, that might require the body coming off the frame albeit even slightly to replace it. I didn't realize it needed frame repairs and all this other stuff.

micmak
03-31-2012, 10:57 AM

Yep, that's the car. Here are some more pics we took that day. It needs a LOT of work. The seller knows that the price is unrealistic. I think he put that price tag on it to see what reaction he would get. It's 50/50 as to whether to restore it or part it out.

......Mike......

sdg3205
03-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Wow. Now I'm blown away at 12k.

Was it in a collision? It's got that terrible, sticky black undercoating. God I hate that stuff.

It still looks salvageable. How was the frame?

I'd say $3-5k max.

lamboman
03-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow is all i can say...That must be why he has no real pics.

Jonathan
03-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow is all i can say...That must be why he has no real pics.

No, it has more to do with him travelling a lot for his work and he's rarely in the same city as his car. The Kijiji pics I would imagine were taken by a friend or family member.

dvonk
03-31-2012, 09:35 PM
yikes! :shock: what is the VIN of that poor beast?

Kukem
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Yikes! I'm glad I never heard back from the guy when I emailed him in regards to the car. That is not my cup of tea. I guess I'll just keep on looking!

jawn101
04-02-2012, 12:47 AM
What's with the relay compartment? Did he replace the whole fuse block with fuse extenders?

A shame to see a car in such a state. And 12k is just ensuring it never gets fixed (or is able to rescue other cars, as the situation may demand)

deloumis
04-02-2012, 06:11 PM
What's with the relay compartment? Did he replace the whole fuse block with fuse extenders?

It seems like it, and a terrible job too. Those butt connectors are pretty dangerous, especially using that many with so many wires everywhere. One of them comes off and the whole car can catch fire.

06-20-2012, 09:31 PM
The Owner came to our recent Ontario Club Tech Day.. and is keeping the car.

Jimmyvonviggle
06-20-2012, 11:13 PM

Hey Mike, who was the owner, I did see some older guy in the morning that left later on.

-Barry

micmak
06-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Hey Mike, who was the owner, I did see some older guy in the morning that left later on.

-Barry

No he is a younger guy. He was there late morning, then he went away for a while and came back in the afternoon and stayed until the end including dinner at the restaurant. He's a nice guy actually.

......Mike......

kieran
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Just found this on ebay if you're still looking :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-DMC12-CANADIAN-EDITION-/110910829890?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d2ccf542#ht_500wt_1182

pezzonovante88
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-DMC12-CANADIAN-EDITION-/110910829890?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d2ccf542#ht_500wt_1182

Looks like a really nice one. I didn't read the whole ad, but from the pictures it looks like a $25k-$30k car all day.

thirdmanj
07-05-2012, 08:50 PM

This shits crackin' me up, Trim: "CANADIAN EDITION". WTH is that?! Looks like a damn nice car though.

Cory W
07-05-2012, 09:34 PM
This shits crackin' me up, Trim: "CANADIAN EDITION". WTH is that?! Looks like a damn nice car though.

Metric instrument panel. Odometer and primary speedo numbers are in kilometres, oil pressure in kilopascals (kPa), coolant temp in degrees Celsius, and instead of "BRAKE", you get a generic brake symbol like (0) or similar.

Otherwise, nothing different from any other late model D.

Oh, for the record, there were more than 20 brought in. Maybe Kerr Cadillac (the original dealer, still in business) had 20, maybe more, but I know of another place in the Toronto area that had close to 50. Then there are other major cities in Canada, in different provinces.

Dmc.12
07-07-2012, 09:46 AM
I am pretty much Ready to sell mine I am In Alberta i would say its approx 90% restored and over 25000 invested its so close but i am losing interest. its insured and registered for the Road already. Interior is good black with grey seats center console recovered, new roof interior everything has been purchased from DMCH and DMCNW. Gas Flap Hood, Rebuilt Motor with good compression all new Brakes,Rotors, Delorean Parts NW stainless brake lines, Aluminum Rad, DMCNW Fans, New AC Compressor Converted to proper AC, DMCNW Stainless Fuel Lines, New Clutch, Slave Cylinder, Master Cylinder everything has been replaced or professionally Rebuilt where needed I can send you more info if your interested (this s just what comes to mind)just need to figure out what i should be selling it for.

marcel
07-08-2012, 03:28 PM
where in Alberta is the car?

Dmc.12
07-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I am in Calgary

trendsetterauto
08-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Just fire me an email if you are still looking and I will send some more info/pics
[email protected]

jafo2k
08-30-2012, 06:03 PM

Was told he sold the car.

thirdmanj
08-30-2012, 06:25 PM

sdelorean
09-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Let me know

10-09-2012, 09:52 AM
If anyone is located east of Toronto an ODOC Member is selling his car for $18,000.

pezzonovante88
10-09-2012, 06:56 PM
If anyone is located east of Toronto an ODOC Member is selling his car for $18,000.

Which one is that?

Laser-B
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Hey everyone,

Yes this is the car that was located in Owen Sound which has now moved to Georgetown. I used to be a little more active member of the forum back on dmctalk.com and then life and work got in the way. This car was listed on that forum as a stay away car and written off by everyone. I was young and ambitious, the price was right and a road trip to fort Lauderdale took place. Just before getting the car I had just got a job with a bigger company who has kept me rather busy since....that was over 5 years ago.

At the start of this year I finally got the car moved to my house in Georgetown. A friend suggested listing it for sale to see what happens. We listed it at a high price knowing how everyone low balls and talks you down aiming for 10k. The front frame extension was worth $1400 alone along with a new windsheild $500, headlight assemblies,, steering column, new uncracked binnacle, seat belts, fuel pump kit and a few other odds and ends.

The condition of the car doesn't scare me. In less than a year I did a body off to my Sterling Sebring, restored the chassis, welded in new floor pans, firewall, new steering and a disk brake conversion. The body is now back on and being rewired. Jason and Mike saw this car sitting on blocks a few months ago. Last month we drove the chassis alone out of the garage and a couple hours later drove it with the body on back in the garage. I hope to bring it to an ODOC meeting next year pending my schedule which is looking like another busy year.

On the other hand a busy year means $$ for restoring Deloreans ;-) Keep me in mind if you have parts for sale, I'll need nearly everything :-)

-Brian

micmak
10-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone,

Yes this is the car that was located in Owen Sound which has now moved to Georgetown. I used to be a little more active member of the forum back on dmctalk.com and then life and work got in the way. This car was listed on that forum as a stay away car and written off by everyone. I was young and ambitious, the price was right and a road trip to fort Lauderdale took place. Just before getting the car I had just got a job with a bigger company who has kept me rather busy since....that was over 5 years ago.

At the start of this year I finally got the car moved to my house in Georgetown. A friend suggested listing it for sale to see what happens. We listed it at a high price knowing how everyone low balls and talks you down aiming for 10k. The front frame extension was worth $1400 alone along with a new windsheild $500, headlight assemblies,, steering column, new uncracked binnacle, seat belts, fuel pump kit and a few other odds and ends.

The condition of the car doesn't scare me. In less than a year I did a body off to my Sterling Sebring, restored the chassis, welded in new floor pans, firewall, new steering and a disk brake conversion. The body is now back on and being rewired. Jason and Mike saw this car sitting on blocks a few months ago. Last month we drove the chassis alone out of the garage and a couple hours later drove it with the body on back in the garage. I hope to bring it to an ODOC meeting next year pending my schedule which is looking like another busy year.

On the other hand a busy year means $$ for restoring Deloreans ;-) Keep me in mind if you have parts for sale, I'll need nearly everything :-)

-Brian

Hey Brian, Good to see you on here. Keep us up to date on your progress. We would all like to see you WITH your car at ODOC events next year. I was talking to a guy at the Brit show in Sept who talked about you. I didn't catch his name, but he was very pleased to hear that you had made contact with us and that you came to the Tech day and had dinner with us that night. He said that at that moment you were in China with Madonna! You poor guy!!!!! :) Anyway, good to hear that you are getting some work done on the car. Looking forward to seeing your car again next season to see your progress with it.

......Mike......

Jonathan
10-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Let me know if you're back up Grey-Bruce county way, Brian. I got to talk to your Mom and see your car only while it had the tarp on it. Feel free to pop by if you're in Port Elgin... garage stays nice and toasty and the beer frig isn't far away.