PDA

View Full Version : Wanted New A/C hoses (split or not)

nullset
03-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Hervey doesn't have his split hoses in stock, and every time I call him he says "not yet".

Anyone have a set for sale that you haven't installed yet? Or have a good source for a new hose set, split or otherwise?

It's hot in Atlanta…..

--buddy

DMCMW Dave
03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Anyone have a set for sale that you haven't installed yet? Or have a good source for a new hose set, split or otherwise?
--buddy

We (and Houston and Florida etc.) sell NOS hoses. Lots in stock. If you want R134 barrier hoses DMC California can make up a set (there is a core charge as the compressor ends and the cross get used over).

They won't be split, but we install them in one piece. Contrary to common belief you really don't have to separate the body from the frame, although it would make it easer. Pry bars may be involved.

Farrar
03-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Buddy, I'm not sure but I think PJ Grady's used to have a few "split" hose sets on hand. Have you called 'em yet?

nullset
03-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Buddy, I'm not sure but I think PJ Grady's used to have a few "split" hose sets on hand. Have you called 'em yet?

PJ Grady gets them from Hervey, and he doesn't have any on hand either.

I wonder if a NOS hose is as good as a new one. It's a tough call.

--buddy

sean
03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I wonder if a NOS hose is as good as a new one. It's a tough call.

Either way it sounds better than what you got.

nullset
03-30-2012, 10:22 AM

True enough!

Farrar
03-30-2012, 10:38 AM

True enough!

I agree. If the hoses have been kept indoors away from UV light and ozone which are bad for rubber, they could be perfectly fine, at least for a few years. My system was in fact fine with almost-30-year-old hoses until the high-pressure hose blew, and that was probably my fault for not watching the gauges carefully enough when re-filling. I think if you have new O-rings you should be all right.

Ron
03-30-2012, 04:52 PM
If for some odd reason you just can't get the one piece hoses in, I'm sure there is someone near you that can add the couplings to make split hoses out of them....