PDA

View Full Version : General My D was sold without my knowledge!

82DMC12
05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Just kidding... sort of. Figured the new site needed something interesting! I noticed my license plate stickers expired about 7 months ago (car was in winter storage when registration expired) and I was just thinking hmmmm... I don't remember seeing a letter asking me to renew....

So today I called the DMV and they told me I must have sold the car. Ummm NOPE! I've had it for over a decade! After a long phone wait, the lady came back and said someone in South Carolina asked for the title to be surrendered, so according to them, I don't own it anymore. After I assured them that is impossible, they dug a little deeper and found that the last two numbers of the VIN were switched around on the request from SC!!

Now who out there has 11569?? Because it took me half an hour to get my tabs today!

Andy
-Still the owner of 11596, since 11/10/00.

jbreeden
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Wow, if it only took you 30 minutes including that whole foul-up, I'd say your DMV is doing okay.

Mike C.
05-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Man, that's nuts! Glad you've gotten it sorted out though!

Malevy
05-24-2011, 06:30 PM
So, the other vin was registered in the same state? Strange coincidence.

Fluxat88MPH
05-24-2011, 06:33 PM
That's pretty crazy! The closest I have come to anything like that is finding my D for sale on ebay. Basicly somoen stole pictures of my car and used them to try and sell a car they never had.

Karin
05-24-2011, 09:14 PM
That's pretty crazy! The closest I have come to anything like that is finding my D for sale on ebay. Basicly somoen stole pictures of my car and used them to try and sell a car they never had.

All the more reason to sue their butts to the moon. That does sound familiar.

82DMC12
05-24-2011, 10:56 PM
So, the other vin was registered in the same state? Strange coincidence.

Agreed. I am pretty sure mine was a KAPAC car, and was sold from their facility in Columbus. I have a business card for the National Sales Director. Perhaps in SC they sent out a general request to all the states in the US asking for the title to be surrendered because they could not trace the ownership of the car. According to the DeLorean Production Chronology, VIN 11569 has not yet been 'discovered'. Apparently it is in South Caroline somewhere!

Andy