PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Old seat covers

Kenny_Z
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
A lady from my mom's church saw my D and the state of my seats and wants to try to make some replacements. She loves to sew (and is really good) and loves Ds so she wants to have a hand in bringing Red back to glory. I'm just paying for the materials. She needs the patterns though. I don't want to be out a seat, especially if she just loses interest.

I'm looking for an old, torn, worn, or bad seat cover. The cheaper the better. I'm pretty sure passenger and driver are the same except for the placement of the handles. If I'm wrong though please let me know.

Anyone replacing their covers and just don't want to toss out the old ones? Obviously I'd pay the shipping. I'm not in a big hurry, after all this lady is doing me a favor.

mluder
04-02-2012, 03:34 AM
I can probably help you. I have some new original covers I'm going to put on my car. I'll keep my old original driver's side in storage because of sentimental reasons and Ipits in decent shape. You can have my passenger which is torn in a few places.

Only problem is, I'm not sure when I'll get around to swapping so if you really can be patient... Definitely going to do it before summer really gets rolling.

Steve

Kenny_Z
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM
That would be awesome Steve, thank you. I can definitely be patient. It'll give me time to find and order the materials (and save up the cash to do so).

Ryan King
04-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I have old ripped up pieces in my closet. ill see what all I have

Cory W
04-04-2012, 09:52 AM
I have a cover for you from seats I reskinned over the winter. It's yours for the shipping cost.
They have the 'usual' wear and tear, and in some areas are already coming apart at the seams.
Pics to follow when I'm at home in an hour or so.

Cory W
04-04-2012, 01:34 PM
As promised.

I didn't resize them so you can take in the details and decide if it will suit your needs.

In numeric order:
1. The seat bottom
2. The seatback
3. Detail on the characteristic headrest wear on the outer side (this was the passenger seat)
4. Detail of the outer surface seam wear on the right side of the seat bottom
5.The underside of the seatback cover, showing the channels for the seat form rods to go
6. The underside of the seat bottom.

The new seatcovers come with no noticeable differences between left and right that I was able to see. In other words, this one can be used to make two covers (the only real difference during installation is what side of the seat you cut for the seatback lever to poke through)

If you want to proceed, IM me your address with ZIP code. You only pay actual shipping cost. I'll package it up and get shipping quotes, then give you the available options (ground, air, with and without tracking)

Kenny_Z
04-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Very nice Cory, thank you. I'll PM you now.